What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Zamaldelica

YukonKronic

I have ten Auto Zamaldelica seeds on the way:biggrin:
I see there’s no thread for them and I know others are growing them out too so I figured what the hell... why not start a thread.

I don’t have seeds to start just yet but I’ll post pics of the greenhouse I’m building out of the skeleton of a shed. I’ll be installing a wood stove and 3 or 4 soil beds about 4x7 feet.
I cleared out some trees today to open up the sunshine but there’s a good 7+ hours direct sun/day and it’s bright through the canopy even when trees block the sun a bit.

If they get here next week or two I can prolly have them going strong through solstice putting on size and then they should initiate flower around July or so... fall hangs on till September October lately so with the stove at night and lovely August sun during the day I think I oughta get some decent buds.

I have well composted horse manure, also leaf/lawn litter compost that’s almost like peat and a really rich kitchen/garden/lawn compost pile started two years ago.. I’ll be using those and some willow/spruce chippings to mix with local clays and rock dusts then mix that into excess living soil from indoors to create my soil.
I’ll “activate” the biology ASAP with fish hydrolysate, lacto B. , molasses and Yarrow extract and bloomed yeast cultures in alternate waterings.
Cover crop will be mostly Brome and some chamomile and other flowers thrown in for good measure.
At onset of flower I plan on feeding fish hydrolysate and a bit of bonemeal topped with a little Epsom solution and a topdress of canna waste light dust of wood ash and field greens like Yarrow, dandelion, broad leaf plantain and/or fireweed. Then I’ll mulch that with leaf litter and straw/hay if its not already deep enough with greens.
After stretch I will give a very light top-dress of Bat guano and wood ashes.
Plants will be watered at PH 6.5-6.8 with fulvic, B vitamins and molasses every three waterings or so as well as possibly Aloe and coconut a couple times too.

Anyhoo that’s my plan. Let’s see everybody else’s too! I bet someone already has some of these vegging so whoever you might be please post up and show off!:tiphat:

CowboyTed

I'm afraid I won't have room in my plant count to try Auto Zam's any time soon, but I'll pull up a chair and watch anyway! Hell, you pulled me right in with your soil mix, and generous doses of horse manure compost and kitchen/garden compost.

That sounds like what I've been up to the past week!

J

jaded1

Good luck with the grow Yukon.Was going to run a few of these outdoors this summer but will have to wait until cc payments are working.

perismoke

I too am waiting for CC to work again...aint sending cash..noooo...
waiting for Killer A5 haze to come back too...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Yukon for starting a thread about the new Auto Zamaldelica! :)

Looking forward to see yours and others progresses with this new autoflowering strain. :yes:
We are going to test her also this outdoor season. I will post pics and info when the testings are more advanced.

YukonKronic

Werking like a dawg on new green house. Got roof and siding stripped off shed and dug in two new beds (it was a half ass greenhouse with a few windows once a few years ago)

I hadn’t looked at compost piles in a few years... daaamn it’s looking good. Also discovered a bunch of jet black very fertile earth in green house while digging. Legend has it there was once a pig pen aroun that spot and it’s been a hay shed for a decade too so there was a good score to be had as far as free fertile organic soil.
It will comprise about 15% of final mix in each new hole. I dug in about 14 inches down until I hit a clay layer I know is about 6 inches thick and under that is sand then more clay. The clay is still saturated from spring melt! Every time I step in the hole to dig I slide around on greased goose shit:moon:
Oh well c’est la vie. It’s done now. Tomorrow I finish soil mix and plant cover and mulch in then get started putting poly all over it. After that is wood stove and water barrel and then build the door and I’m set!

Pictures tomorrow. I’m exhausted.

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Thanks Yukon for starting a thread about the new Auto Zamaldelica! :)

Looking forward to see yours and others progresses with this new autoflowering strain. :yes:
We are going to test her also this outdoor season. I will post pics and info when the testings are more advanced.

My pleasure on the thread startup! I love Zam and wished for an Auto flower version of it from day one of growing the fems I got in 2016.

I’m pretty excited about this season. I’m putting serious effort into a decent greenhouse set up and I really cannot wait to see how these do under the midnight sunshine!
I look forward to seeing how the masters at ACE as well as other growers here are doing with their own projects too!

Good luck Endless Sunshine and bountiful yields to all of you!:biggrin:

paisajedehierba

It sounds curious growing those almost tropical Babies so far north. I am sure the plants will enjoy the care of a good gardener. As a fan of organic soil preparation I am jaleaous of your compost pile.

Theorganicguy

Beautiful setup you have arranged Yukon. Your plants are going to be stunning!
Here's my auto zamaldelica

attachment.php

God luck, everyone :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_4957.jpg
    IMG_4957.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 62

YukonKronic

It sounds curious growing those almost tropical Babies so far north. I am sure the plants will enjoy the care of a good gardener. As a fan of organic soil preparation I am jaleaous of your compost pile.

I know! It’s gonna be weird in like... the best way! I’m pretty stoked and really hopeful... I woke up this morning at 7 am and it had already been full sunshine for an hour :biggrin: there’s a good three or four months of green house weather here and with all that sun... well.
Even if I don’t time it perfectly this year then I know next year I’ll probably be well set to have things flowering heavily during 20+ hours of sunshine :peacock:

YukonKronic

Beautiful setup you have arranged Yukon. Your plants are going to be stunning!
Here's my auto zamaldelica

View Image

God luck, everyone :tiphat:

Yessss!!!! Here we go now! There’s a live one! Nice baby there Organicguy... mine haven’t even showed up in Canadian tracking system yet... I’m pretty confident they’ll be here end of coming week or halfway thru the next though.
Today I hang with the mommas in my Life and tomorrow I have to get onto cutting tin to go around wood stove and commence covering the structure with plastic. Lol I have trimming I’m neglecting because greenhouse has taken all my free time away!
Puppy loves it though... she gets to hang in the field with me while I werk.:woohoo: first time off leash this week which is scary with a beagle... she could find a rabbit track to follow for a mile just by walking four steps any direction..

YukonKronic

Slow week or so... sick kid and then I got sick and then long weekend got devoted to family time cause my wife has been super busy for a while and we all needed to get some fishing and hiking done in our beautiful Yukon before insanity took hold for good..
It’s 18 hours sun and getting longer each day... daytime temperatures are over 20 with night just below 10... perfect seedling weather.
WHERES MY SEEDS!!? Agghhh!!! I HATE waiting!
Haha that’s what I get for not ordering at Xmas...
Expect them this week sometime... next week for sure? After I deal with fence in my yard I gotta knock out rest of greenhouse for Autoflowers so I can start on green house at my house.

I really do need to be better prepared for this. Every spring seems a week earlier last few years... I could have had six inch tall seedlings going right now. It would have been perfect.

SolarLogos

Slow week or so... sick kid and then I got sick and then long weekend got devoted to family time cause my wife has been super busy for a while and we all needed to get some fishing and hiking done in our beautiful Yukon before insanity took hold for good..
It’s 18 hours sun and getting longer each day... daytime temperatures are over 20 with night just below 10... perfect seedling weather.
WHERES MY SEEDS!!? Agghhh!!! I HATE waiting!
Haha that’s what I get for not ordering at Xmas...
Expect them this week sometime... next week for sure? After I deal with fence in my yard I gotta knock out rest of greenhouse for Autoflowers so I can start on green house at my house.

I really do need to be better prepared for this. Every spring seems a week earlier last few years... I could have had six inch tall seedlings going right now. It would have been perfect.
Glad you and family are feeling better my friend. Catch any fish to fry up over the fire?
Your going to love going to a greenhouse, they can really be a game changer for being able to grow certain strains. I'm considering putting 4-1500 watt led panels in mine this winter if I decide I need more light intensity.

We are only at 14 hours 26 minutes of light and will only hit 14 hours 50 minutes of light at the solstice, before the days start getting shorter.

With respect to spring catching you off guard, keep an eye on Chinese New Years. If it's early, so is our spring and if late, same.
I have been relying on it for years without fail in my area.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Glad you and family are feeling better my friend. Catch any fish to fry up over the fire?
Your going to love going to a greenhouse, they can really be a game changer for being able to grow certain strains. I'm considering putting 4-1500 watt led panels in mine this winter if I decide I need more light intensity.

We are only at 14 hours 26 minutes of light and will only hit 14 hours 50 minutes of light at the solstice, before the days start getting shorter.

With respect to spring catching you off guard, keep an eye on Chinese New Years. If it's early, so is our spring and if late, same.
I have been relying on it for years without fail in my area.
Peace, God bless

Lol no fish but I didn’t try that hard either... was just good to get on the river :woohoo:
Thanks for the tip on Chinese New Years I’ll be watching next spring. I found the patch of Nettle that has returned every year for four or five years now... never seen them in Yukon and then they show right close to where I’m growing herbs... kewl. Going to steal a bunch for cover crop in my green house beds. Should get soil biota moving and provide some nutrients when I chop and drop for early flower.

picture.php

Also here’s a lump of the clay that sits about six feet down... been using it as a glacial rock dust/Calcium saturated clay sort of amendment... likely contains mg as well based on water report from nearby well.
picture.php

Going to go putter away at green house a bit, work on getting a full water barrel and transplant nettles.. pics tomorrow I guess considering I don’t have any seeds to start showing yet.
Edit: here’s another prepared bed...
picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts