What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack's back

20sackzack

What's up icmag! I wanted to share what I've been working on for the last 5 months or so. I shut down my tents around this time last year and have been on a break from growing while I took the rest of the year off.

After I went to Jamaica in December, I began really working on my new flower room that is the space my tents were in previously. Been putting my blood, sweat and tears (and a bunch of moolah) into this project and it's beginning to look like it will pay off

The room is about 17' long 9' wide and 7.5' tall. Not the most head room but more than I had in the tents so I think I will do alright. Running 6 630 watt de cmh cheap ebay lamps with an 18000 btu minisplit/heat pump and a 95 pint dehumidifier. Using a merv 11 filtered intake and exhaust with backdraft prevention on a humidistat during lights off. Haven't got co2 setup yet but planning on it soon

Rocking 3 3'x6'x1.5' beds from grassroots fabric pots on custom rolling bases I built from harbor freight floor dollies. Filled with my own hand mixed soil I blended up after being inspired by reading slownickles thread multiple times

I began by mixing up 5 yards of base which consists of 40% peat, 30% lava, 20% coco, 5% castings/compost and 5% fired clay called turface

I then tested it and amended the 5 yards with 50lb bone meal, 10lb ag lime, 80lb gypsum, 25lb kelp, 10 oz mn, .83 oz zn, .8 oz cu and .495 oz boric acid

I wound up with a high EC from not rinsing at all so I ran a bunch of water through it until I got the EC to drop lower. Didn't end up as balanced as I'd like but it's a work in progress and should continue to improve with time

I'm irrigating daily with microsprinklers and spot spitters with submersible pumps on timers in 32 gal reservoirs. Working well but I will probably upgrade my 1000 gph pumps to something stronger to get better pressure. I'm also doing a weekly deep drench/feed/compost tea that I'm hand watering in. Got a live cover crop going of white clover and alfalfa before I planted. Just had to trim it down last night as it was getting a little out of hand

Alright so pics or it didn't happen lol

Here's my most recent soil test, I'm skeptical of the B level though and will definitely be retesting after this first run

picture.php

And here's a shot of the beds pre planting

picture.php

And right after the transplant

picture.php

Some of them had a rough start but after a couple weeks they were all catching on

picture.php

And here we are now at a little over 4 weeks in. First layer of trellis is up and I am planning to flip in the next week or so. Just waiting for some holes to fill in a bit more

picture.php

I'm sure with a better start my veg time would be much shorter but I can't complain for a first run after taking so much time off

Damn I almost forgot, the cuts I'm growing are wedding cake, slurricane, gelato(maybe?) and purple punch. I'll keep updating this thread with my progress as I go. Thanks for taking a look!

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I gotta imagine you got the aluminum and iron from the lava rock. Keep an eye on the pH through the next test.

Plants look like they're having a ball and those beds are pretty bitchin. Great job man ��

20sackzack

I gotta imagine you got the aluminum and iron from the lava rock. Keep an eye on the pH through the next test.

Plants look like they're having a ball and those beds are pretty bitchin. Great job man ��

Thanks man! Yeah not too happy about those levels but as long as I dont let ph drift too far I'm hoping I will be alright

Cool beds Zach.

Thanks!

Groovy beds!

Thanks chunky! I gotta get that 2.0 someday :biggrin:

:lurk:

Looks great!

dank.Frank

Thanks Frank! Glad to have you stop by :tiphat:

Can these grass help plants grow? I'm curious

Live cover crops can help create a better environment by retaining moisture, fixating nitrogen and improving phosphorus uptake as well as harboring and attracting microbes :tiphat:

20sackzack

:tiphat: subbed . never ran beds inside . curious how it plays out long term . .

Thanks for stopping by, we will see :tiphat: check out the threads by nameless, lapides, bobblehead and avinash.miles for some great indoor bed growing action

Wow beautiful setup.

Nice setup for sure. Love those beds.

Thanks guys I appreciate the love :dance013:

Nice setup zack

Thanks brotha! Glad to see you are still hanging around here :biggrin:

20sackzack

Here's some updated pics from last night

picture.php

picture.php

And here's a couple pics of some nugs left over from my last grow. These buds are a year old and still look and smell great from being in an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator. Only way to go imo

Wedding cake and purple punch

picture.php

More punch and some glue

picture.php

Gonna post some more details about my room with more pics soon :biggrin:

20sackzack

Filling in nicely Zack.

Wedding cake and the punch really look great. You gotta love that purple punch taste.

Thanks! Yeah the punch has great flavor especially out of a vaporizer

I really enjoyed your last thread Zack, so I will make sure to sub up to this one :biggrin:

Thanks man, I kinda dropped the ball with updates near the end of my last one. Gonna try and not let that happen this time. Glad to have you around!

Stunning nugs. Where do you get your genetics?

Thank you! I live in norcal near Sacramento so there are lots of clone companies, growers and dispensaries all around me. Not too hard to find good stuff these days. I actually bought this round of clones in a grow store from the owner. He didnt seem to care about the legalities or risk at all lol

20sackzack

So I want to share a little about how I did some things in here. I guess I'll start with the rolling bases I built for my beds

I needed something that was low profile, very strong and allowed plenty of airflow. I eventually found moving dollies from harbor freight that were fairly cheap and sturdy. They came in 30 inch and 18 inch sizes so I used 6 of the 18 inchers side by side for each bed to get full coverage. I then screwed some thin boards to the dollies to attach them together. After that I tacked down chicken wire on top for extra support. I think they came out pretty nice and definitely function well enough for me. A little hard to roll but honestly not that bad at all

picture.php

For my intake I used a merv 11 filter in a register box on the outside of my room connected to a backdraft preventer which goes to an inline fan mounted inside the room. I added a piece of ducting to route the airflow to a better spot that isn't blowing on my lights

picture.php

This is what the other side of the wall from the last pic looks like without the fan or ducting connected

picture.php

And this is with the fan but without the ducting

picture.php

And here is the exhaust, I used a 4 inch hole but am now wishing I went with 6 inches for faster air exchange. I might change it in the future if I need to. It's not in the picture but I hung a carbon scrubber next to it and connected it with ducting. Also put another backdraft preventer in to make sure no air gets in that way. On the outside of the wall I attached a dryer vent outlet flap thing to make it look nice and clean. I can put up a pick of that if anyone is curious about it

picture.php

Both fans are attached to a humidistat controller on a timer to only run when lights are out. Still planning to add co2 eventually, just getting some other things dialed in first. Will share a little more in my next post

Dankwolf

So I want to share a little about how I did some things in here. I guess I'll start with the rolling bases I built for my beds

I needed something that was low profile, very strong and allowed plenty of airflow. I eventually found moving dollies from harbor freight that were fairly cheap and sturdy. They came in 30 inch and 18 inch sizes so I used 6 of the 18 inchers side by side for each bed to get full coverage. I then screwed some thin boards to the dollies to attach them together. After that I tacked down chicken wire on top for extra support. I think they came out pretty nice and definitely function well enough for me. A little hard to roll but honestly not that bad at all

View Image

For my intake I used a merv 11 filter in a register box on the outside of my room connected to a backdraft preventer which goes to an inline fan mounted inside the room. I added a piece of ducting to route the airflow to a better spot that isn't blowing on my lights

View Image

This is what the other side of the wall from the last pic looks like without the fan or ducting connected

View Image

And this is with the fan but without the ducting

View Image

And here is the exhaust, I used a 4 inch hole but am now wishing I went with 6 inches for faster air exchange. I might change it in the future if I need to. It's not in the picture but I hung a carbon scrubber next to it and connected it with ducting. Also put another backdraft preventer in to make sure no air gets in that way. On the outside of the wall I attached a dryer vent outlet flap thing to make it look nice and clean. I can put up a pick of that if anyone is curious about it

View Image

Both fans are attached to a humidistat controller on a timer to only run when lights are out. Still planning to add co2 eventually, just getting some other things dialed in first. Will share a little more in my next post

Vary nice setup . :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts