What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(Juicy Fruit x Royal Orange) V's (Royal Orange x Juicy Fruit) Reciprocal Diallel F2

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still Waiting for Sensi to get back to the seed shop about my problem with germination so I have lined up a few crosses from other seeds to keep me going.

I have a Mango Haze IBL supposed to be @ F8, it's really stocky looking & very hardy. I have Super silver Haze F2 to have a go @ & then there is the Blueberry & the Black Domina that I am interested in to get the flavour profile I am after.

This is a BD male I rouged out this season. It's got good structure & responds well to most things including induced photoperiod.

picture.php

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Here is a sample of what weed comes from this BD IBL that I am calling BDL, this is the mother, it's resistant to mould & finished up before Halloween

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started my seeds off really early this year & they have all pre flowered & gone to big school already. I have some males that have continued to flower & by the end of June I think my Blueberry's will have completed flowering before flower sets on the regular females. I wondering if I let him dust up everything in the valley, my females can't be effected by him at present. would be nice to see him flowered out without it effecting my grow @ least & see what he's about. there are 3 of them & one is fast & branchy the other is too lanky & the other barely showed before the females but it's a boy. I can save the pollen as it comes & cut a clone.. I don't have much experience outdoors but this seems like an auto flowering early trait to me. I have seen it in 4 varieties this year. The other 3 varieties have done the same with the males continuing to flower.. I'm thinking about using the latest one as it will perhaps not get used in the wild but I will need to bag that fella up... All these males started to cluster but go back into veg if you top them so it seems.. Is this normal for males to respond like this with early almost autoflowering?

handshake

I've been waiting for Phylos to get back to me with regards to their tests. I'm glad they haven't now because I have discovered my own way of doing their analytical tests that require no postage & none of their import charges or 'Nada' :biggrin:

The sex tests are not inaccurate but they do not allow scope for environmental stress & they are not fast enough & now I have discovered I can do it myself in-house, this goes for the predicative testing too.

Simple & cheap as chips it is. No long tings :dance013:

I might just show you all how I did this after fruition to help you all out.

Would love to hear more about this, from you or anyone else that has an idea of what you're talking about.

If there were a cheap, at-home sex test without flowering, I'd assume it would be commonplace/common knowledge by now.

Let us know how things go, but would love more info in the meantime :)

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are able to chemotype with homemade test kits so you can reduce numbers in half or pass on the unwanted chemotypes. Then you let them get to sexual maturity under vegetative hours if they start to flower they are no good & you throw them unless that is desirable. Then you have your visually known sex that Phylo's data cannot tell you without growing them.. You have your Chemotypes to then breed into known females carrying desired traits & then you can select pure genotype's when growing out 1000 progeny with Mendel's data..

https://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/22...vATdNG2P45X0nG71hiaL78iJDjOS_GUcdGAlTQ5amoN20

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thankyou for your Kind words iTHC.

It's busy round here currently. I've harvested a batch of blueberry seeds. The 1st sowing of autoflwers was harvested & some seeds are viable what I made with those. I have collected pollen from the regular males that seem solid & kept some snips for the regular stuff. The main crop females are big. With different gardens keeping up with watering is taking it's time. That & I met a cool woman here :)

No using frozen pollen for a month or so I wouldn't think, it was good to get that out the way with February sowings to weed out the auto phenos & to have bushes that will give up hundreds of cuttings :) I have to frame my plants this week & tie them in. I will be back periodically to update..

Latest posts

Latest posts