What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Reminds me of the time I was in HS electronics workshop, selling a hit of windowpane. The teacher saw us, and I gulped it down. had to sit in the principle's office while they watched what happened. I'm 18 and coming on good, sitting in the F'n principles office asking "what are you waiting for me to turn into a frog?" Straight faced, somehow. After a couple hours they let me go. I drove home, and watched the grass on the hills sway like an electric pattern.

Who is financing the current wave of protests that feature rebel flags and firearms which are showing up exclusively in states with democratic governors .

I doubt that is the fake antifa / rednecks thing like they staged in Carolina.

Gadsden snake flags too? There are conservatives in every state, even Cali. People have this Constitution thing still going in their foolish minds ... allowing freedom of movement, assembly, speech, and right to make a living. The .guv is taking that away "for their own good", and people are protesting.

What I am finding utterly amazing about this debacle is :

Liberals seem to have sided with the tee vee media, and social internet media, to be pro-lockdown. They worship fauchi.

Conservatives, like me, cherish their freedom and in my case have sworn to protect and defend the Constitution. These kind of people get news from alternate sources also, have open minds, and watch what the PTB are doing with the other hand as they wave something shiney around to distract you. They don't believe any of foochies BS.

This is a 180* change from the hippie pot smoker days of the late 60's and early 70's. Used to be liberals loved liberty and freedom, did not trust the man, and were about self sufficiency. Conservatives were all about the rules.

Whoever controls the levers like the media, is playing with us. Their idea of the "Grand Game". :biggrin:

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Reminds me of the time I was in HS electronics workshop, selling a hit of windowpane. The teacher saw us, and I gulped it down. had to sit in the principle's office while they watched what happened. I'm 18 and coming on good, sitting in the F'n principles office asking "what are you waiting for me to turn into a frog?" Straight faced, somehow. After a couple hours they let me go. I drove home, and watched the grass on the hills sway like an electric pattern.

i had a different experience in HS electronics.

I hooked a file up to ground and tapped the file with the power connection, making sparks and melting little sections of file.

"I'm not fooling around. I'm learning to WELD !!!"

teacher was not impressed.

Gry

Gadsden snake flags too? There are conservatives in every state, even Cali. People have this Constitution thing still going in their foolish minds ... allowing freedom of movement, assembly, speech, and right to make a living. The .guv is taking that away "for their own good", and people are protesting.

Liberals seem to have sided with the tee vee media, and social internet media, to be pro-lockdown. They worship fauchi.

Conservatives, like me, cherish their freedom and in my case have sworn to protect and defend the Constitution. These kind of people get news from alternate sources also, have open minds, and watch what the PTB are doing with the other hand as they wave something shiney around to distract you. They don't believe any of foochies BS.

This is a 180* change from the hippie pot smoker days of the late 60's and early 70's. Used to be liberals loved liberty and freedom, did not trust the man, and were about self sufficiency. Conservatives were all about the rules.

Whoever controls the levers like the media, is playing with us. Their idea of the "Grand Game". :biggrin:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Originally Posted by Gry
Who is financing the current wave of protests that feature rebel flags and firearms which are showing up exclusively in states with democratic governors .
[/FONT]

An answer to the question I posed may be readily be found using
the following search:

astroturf + DeVos family.

My perspective is that the media was as effective in manipulating in the

late sixties and seventies as they are today.

The nature of our society has changed a great deal in the past

fifty years. War was declared upon us at that time.

The opposition has been effective as hell.

To such an extent, they no longer even feel a necessity to

maintain an illusion that the will of the people ever mattered.

As the deckstacking bastards have clearly illustrated with both

Bernie, and the president, repeatedly.

h.h.

Veteran

In the 60’s they were dying in Vietnam , now they’re dying in the hospitals. I guess liberals don’t want to die to serve the corporate libertarian model.

shaggyballs

Veteran
There is a lot of wisdom in this statement.

Whoever controls the levers like the media, is playing with us. Their idea of the "Grand Game"
A friend let me know I need to correct something here.....

The great game, is a reference to a specific period of British

history leading to the first world war.

The grand game has something to do with ''The Price is Right".

So I would like to correct my mistake.

Whoever controls the levers like the media, is playing with us. Their idea of the "Great Game"

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Great Game, Grand game - doesn't matter. They are playing with us. Trillions of bailout moolahs for the friends of the Fed (FoF), promises of $1200 checks for the hoi palloi to keep them pacified.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Great Game, Grand game - doesn't matter. They are playing with us. Trillions of bailout moolahs for the friends of the Fed (FoF), promises of $1200 checks for the hoi palloi to keep them pacified.

This was meant as a self correction, not addressing you here.

But you are right, no matter what you call it.

They are playing us like a record.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I remember being in high school and watching that on the news. College kids getting shot. Horrible.

Gry

The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia Hardcover – January 1, 1972

By Alfred W. McCoy with Cathleen B. Read and Leonard P. Adams II. Illustrated. 464 pages with Index, Appendix, Notes, and Glossary. SBN 06-012901-8. An Amazon customer review: "This in-depth academic study researches the central role that opium plays in the economy, politics, and wars of the region. It follows the trail from the highlands of Laos, where the opium is grown and harvested by the Hmong tribespeople, to the Golden Triangle, where it is refined into heroin. Published in 1972, this was the first printed account of the USA's massive engagement in a 'secret' war in Laos. It documented the use of CIA helicopters to bring Laotian opium to market in Vietnam (where, ironically, it was sold to addicted US soldiers.) This was done to finance weapons for the army of Hmong highlanders, being led by CIA 'advisors', who were fighting the Laotian communists. There was only one edition of this book; immediately after its first printing, the entire publisher was bought by the U.S. government, and all warehoused copies were destroyed. However, with a bit of luck it can still be found in used bookstores."

Gry

The backstory as to why we have methadone
clinics is more than interesting.
Often wonder to myself what percentage of the
public knows Nixon actually took cash for his
cut. He had a 'thing' for 500 dollar bills.
If you wonder why I would mention these in the
same post- they belong together like a hand
in a glove.

Gry

Walked down to the gas station.1923 Ford coupe pulls in.
Dual four barrels, everything on it chromed, but on that
vehicle, it looked like crafted care, not draped excess.
Seeing it, left me smiling inside.

Gry

On Contact: CIA’s intelligence coup with William Binney

https://www.rt.com/shows/on-contact/485560-binney-cia-intelligence-coup/

On the show this week, Chris Hedges talks to intelligence analyst and NSA whistleblower William Binney about the Washington Post’s revelations over the CIA and West German intelligence (BND) setting up a Swiss company, Crypto AG, to sell encrypted machines to more than 120 governments worldwide. From 1970 through to 2018, the CIA intercepted foreign government communications. Among the countries buying the machines were France, Iran, the Vatican, and Venezuela. “It was the intelligence coup of the century,” stated the CIA’s own report on the program. Russia and China did not buy the service.
YouTube channel: On Contact
Follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/OnContactRT
Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/rttv/sets/on-contact

Gry

Chris Hedges examines the future of the American empire under the Trump Administration with investigative journalist Allan Nairn. RT Correspondent Anya Parampil looks at the global reach of the American military.
The segment is several years old, I include it because it touched upon subject matter which is
seldom mentioned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYfL7P6Xfg8&feature=emb_logo

buzzmobile

Veteran
Walked down to the gas station.1923 Ford coupe pulls in.
Dual four barrels, everything on it chromed, but on that
vehicle, it looked like crafted care, not draped excess.
Seeing it, left me smiling inside.

I'm thinking your fingers got some numbers reversed, Gry.

1923=
attachment.php

1932=
attachment.php

I would have liked to have seen it. What color was it?

Attachments

• 1923.jpg
    1923.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1932.jpg
    1932.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Latest posts