What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taskenti

Carraxe

Veteran
The NL outcross probably turned some people off also. Especially fans of a certain cattle breed that made a lot of moo about it.

I can't follow your references, sorry. I'm being honest. I guess I've missed some stories back in the day.

I say that Taskenti is is a strain for itself, and it can stand for it. It is got its own definition, properties, effects, characteristics, structures, shapes, whatever.

I guess the original Uzbek strain Kaiki made the Taskenti from was very homogeneous. Then this early NL cross help creating diversification for the selection of the best individuals. If CBG guys say that they kept backcrossing to the best Uzbek traits, I have to say that I frankly believe them. I've grown many NLs as well and there is no trait I can compare. Nor to any other indica I know. They are day and night.

I keep getting high on this more than ever, it would be nice if more people could enjoy this old special high before it vanishes in the shadows of the time (I'm smoking one right now and I guess it made me a poet)

Sweet smokes

drosera420

Premium user
420giveaway
Just read this thread from start to finish. Not sure how I missed this before. It's quite a special strain it seems. Your care and selection just in the way it's documented is super. Rather than thumbs up every photo 100x I'll give you props here. 😁

Definately will keep up with your work now.

revegeta666

I can't follow your references, sorry. I'm being honest. I guess I've missed some stories back in the day.
Don't bother with copy-pasted stories from keyboard growers. If there was a hall of fame for Spanish strains, this strain would have a special place in it.

That Uzbek line is excellent. It seems to be quite dominant and the effect shines through in most crosses from what people who know what they're talking about say in spanish forums. It's still being talked about to this day by the way. Hopefully one day I'll get to growing it pure myself.

This is CBG's Uzbek crossed to a pakistani hybrid (x18 x PTK). The cross was made by my friend mustafunk. The effect is to die for, a truly relaxing indica. Exactly what modern seedbanks try to sell you on, and fail to deliver. Pure bliss.
IMG_20230916_172437.jpg

IMG_20230916_185305.jpg

Anyway Kaiki won the "best breeder" award hold some years ago in this same forum, with very obvious reasons, including this weed. He is no doubt a great breeder with some of the most exquisite and special herbs I've found.
No doubt a master of his craft (y)

Excellent thread by the way.

Atreyu

Hello, how are you, I have old packages of cannabiogen, from its beginnings, I think I have packages from 2001, 2003 and 2005, from taskenti, destroyer, sugar loaf, I must travel and bring them since they have been frozen since then at my mother's house... yes This year I can try to rescue some lines like destroyer and taskenti and if you are interested I will send you taskenti reproduced by me so that you can cross with your line, on the other hand I can certify since I know kaiki that NL from the 90s was used with Uzbekistan in the first generation and then they crossed the line with Uzbekistan again about 3 more times…. and then maintain the line... it's a shame that inbreeding things were done poorly and when they reached f9 many hermaphrodites came out, but it's good to buy all the ones left in the grows since they don't make any more seeds and they've all been lost, thank you I still have the Oaxaca 79 clone and the original peyote cut that Kaiki gave me.

Carraxe

Veteran
Hello, how are you, I have old packages of cannabiogen, from its beginnings, I think I have packages from 2001, 2003 and 2005, from taskenti, destroyer, sugar loaf, I must travel and bring them since they have been frozen since then at my mother's house... yes This year I can try to rescue some lines like destroyer and taskenti and if you are interested I will send you taskenti reproduced by me so that you can cross with your line, on the other hand I can certify since I know kaiki that NL from the 90s was used with Uzbekistan in the first generation and then they crossed the line with Uzbekistan again about 3 more times…. and then maintain the line... it's a shame that inbreeding things were done poorly and when they reached f9 many hermaphrodites came out, but it's good to buy all the ones left in the grows since they don't make any more seeds and they've all been lost, thank you I still have the Oaxaca 79 clone and the original peyote cut that Kaiki gave me.
If you make a repro, yes, please, I'd like to swap seeds.

Nannymouse

420giveaway
I've repro'd the Taskenti ('05) one time, that Charlie gave me. I'll try to save most of those seeds, but will probably do another run for an MS patient(some day), but will only use a very few beans for that ,as i would like to keep most of them as close to the original, as possible.

Carraxe

Veteran
I've repro'd the Taskenti ('05) one time, that Charlie gave me. I'll try to save most of those seeds, but will probably do another run for an MS patient(some day), but will only use a very few beans for that ,as i would like to keep most of them as close to the original, as possible.
I believe the concept "original Tashkenti" is not real. There is a landrace hash strain from there, the one Kaiki used, and the only one that can be properly called the "original" Uzbek. The strain that Kaiki developed evolved along the years, and became better and more distinct as time went by, so there isn't an "original" one. Maybe the primigenial F1 between the NL and this Uzbek strain is more "original" than the last Taskenti seeds sold, since is less worked, but that cross probably don't represent what a plant from the Taskenti strain is.

I liked the 2008's version the most in flavors and effects, but it probably is the less "original" of all them. The 2005's version was good but not as much, there wasn't that much selection back there, so the smells weren't as strong and good.

We have to preserve the best specimens of the strain with the most expanded gene pool as possible. It means going back to the oldest crosses, but we can't forget that what we want is the perfect Taskenti plant, that was developed years later. I mean, it is what I seek.

Cheers

Nannymouse

420giveaway
I sort of meant 'my' first parent seed, the 2005's. My original pack. Sorry for the confusion, but i do like your synopsis. I've read the entire thread, a while back. I don't recall anyone having any of these that are older that 2005, maybe i missed it?

Carraxe

Veteran
I sort of meant 'my' first parent seed, the 2005's. My original pack. Sorry for the confusion, but i do like your synopsis. I've read the entire thread, a while back. I don't recall anyone having any of these that are older that 2005, maybe i missed it?
I've found threads about CBG Taskenti in Spanish forums that are from 2001/2002. I guess there were Taskentis some years before, but the forums weren't as alive as today and there isn't any text from before.

I suppose the only people who can give an answer are Kaiki and the people working at CBG at the moment.

The oldest seeds I could get, also sourced by @Mustafunk, are also from the 2005.

Cheers