What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush Abusive x Cherry Bomb - tester wanted.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, :tiphat: i made this cross and am just sorting the seeds. i'd like to get a test grow or two under way asap, so im looking for people who have room to start 8 or 10 seeds right now.
i likely wont get that many seeds in the batch so there will only be 1 or 2 testers needed.

post up in the thread or PM me if you are interested. please dont offer to do it if you cant start ALL the seeds right away. people who have good pics in their gallery and some grows posted already are prefered.

got high hopes for some kind of Cherry OG funk!

VG

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This should be an exciting cross, VG! I'm really stoked for this one!

Wish I was able to drop them right away or I'd be jumping up and down to be first out the gate!

:respect:

dank.Frank

dannykarey

This sounds like it's got a lot of potential.........Cherry Og = f'n tasty!!

Im sure folks will be lining up to test this out, can't wait for the shows to start!!

Hey VG, just curious what you were hoping to get with this cross? Add some flav to the abusive, maybe some girth to the flowers?

Anyway, sounds like ya got another winner on your hands......Keep up the good work!

Danny

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For those that don't know - Abusive is an OG cross. It was said to have been crossed to a sativa by an individual in Snoop Dogg's crew.

She is a no-ceiling type of high. Doesn't really over power you at first, but the more you smoke of her...the higher you climb...and it can be some truly powerful smoke.

She is already one of the more true to type OG's in that she has the old head high and not the modern "kush" high that many people are calling "OG" now.

Should be a lot of potential for some really great effects in this line.

dank.Frank

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
dank.frank

Thanks for that post, was just looking up the two parents..........love me some Sativas :woohoo:

What would be a good guess for the flowering time on these?

:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Abusive OG:

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

Abusivemacro-1.jpg

Abusivemacro-2.jpg

Abusivemacro-3.jpg

dank.Frank

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the interest so far guys, i have a few PMs to check too.

Like frank's pics show, the abusive OG is very potent and frosty, very resinous all through the buds as i was finding out when i pulled them apart to look for the seeds.

personally im not convinced that the OGKA is a cross, but who knows? Leptosoma from Crazy monk made some S1s of this cut and it breeds pretty true for structure and other traits, no obvious segregation that you would expect from a cross. Personally i suspect it to be a worked paki line, but that is just speculation on mine and some others parts.
some say it is bland but i have not found that to be the case, i think my style of organic growing really suits these dense kushy types like the bubba and the OGKA.

this is a regular M/F cross with male pollen from Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb. the pollen was frozen from about 4 males i think, a while back.

the purpose of the cross was that i thought that, with luck, the traits may combine well.

the OGKA has massive density, potency and all the kushy dank bottom notes whereas the CB has vigor and the sharp, cherry tones (but lacks density).

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the OGKA i pollinated. this doesnt really tell you much about the structure of the plant - it is very stretchy and can throw some huge internodes. quite an effort to scrog it this flat!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

RulaTone

Veteran
WOW impressive choice VerdantGreen..

been a while i wanted to write you since i need to apologize for a pack of Cherry Bomb that i won on Sbay but unfortunately money got lost in the mail and when i did the second payment they were gone.

At the moment i cant assure i have room for testing so i need to follow updates here, i am interested for sure..

if you have some more CherryB in your vault well i still want her!

Thanks and sorry for the hijack!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi rula, i do have pure CB seeds and will defo make some more at some point... but it wont be for a while.

VG

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Good to see you working with OGKA Verdant, sounds like an interesting project for sure.

Looking forward to the show!

Peace