What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Kush x Bubba Kush (fem Cross) info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got some pics of the flowering plants, and i must say they look pretty good!

3 plants, all in 1 gallon or so containers... they got pretty rootbound and faded before being repotted because i was waylaid for a couple of weeks, but they seem to have pulled it round after being up-potted a couple weeks into flower.

this one really does look awesome!
picture.php

picture.php

this one looks good too
picture.php

this one was always a runt but its looking ok, perhaps a bit behind the others and in a smaller pot
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some more pics, i think we are 7 or 8 weeks in now
i have 3 plants, one is a bit of a runt i dont think its roots have grown well.

here is one other pheno - smells kind of menthol/chemmy atm, hard to describe but distinctly different from its parents - its the same one as pictured above.. quite the looker
picture.php

and the other one smells like nothing ive smelt before, strong, maybe a little citrusy, i'll have to try and describe it better at some point.
picture.php

picture.php

early days, and not trying to toot my own horn here but i think this cross will generate a few new elite cuts

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
had a good whiff of the nearly ready plants today. one smells more similar to PK with its berry-type tones on top the the kushy funk, whilst another smells very much more like bubba. the third is somewhere inbetween

ive just sent a bunch of packs into the bay along with some other bits and some freebies for peeps who buy 2 different packs of my seeds. i'll post up some details later

VG

W89

Veteran
yep looking great VG, I got 4 of your Bubbas going atm, straight 12/12 from seed tho so dunno what to expect when it comes to size:S, they not growing very fast but lovely and healthy, hopfully will finally get to try the bubba :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers w! bubba is close on my favorite smoke.

here are more pics of the PK x Bubba. coincidentally there are some packs up at the bay atm ;)
picture.php

picture.php

the other plant, these are 8-9 weeks and pretty much ready
picture.php

Aardwolf

Looks like one of the best crosses I have ever seen VG.

You grew that example with your organics didn't you, imagine what some fertilizer and coco will do with those pips. Well Done K++

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Aardwolf, it certainly looks promising, some of the best resin coverage ive seen and i think there may be a better yield potential then either of the parents. also it seems all the terpenes are in the mix.. one smells of kush/ berry like PK and the other smells very much like bubba. should be some amazing phenos to be found.

fertilizer and coco???? i think i can do just as well with organics as anyone else can do with any other method :D but yeah, from cutting and dialled in a bit it could do even better... these are just in 1 gallon pots.

cheers

VG

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not putting one method before another here VG, but you have one of the most individual and productive styles growing indoor, you have some of the greatest looking plants and it is a testament to what is possible and can be achieved with pure organics and low watts.

Like you say pot size can increase the final bud size as can trimming everything to the terminal bud.

It's not a question of which method is better or which grows bigger buds as each style is capable of performing well in their own environments that they are suited.

I however think that that coco treated as hydro can make plants give more weight and increased resin production indoor, I prefer to smoke soil grown it smokes better. Also selecting seed should be done in soil.

This enables each plant to react the same as the other individuals of the same breed and that the individual phenotypes when grown this way uptake what they need and produce a true likeness of what is to be expected, not the expression of a plant that prefers a particular pH or brand of fertilizer and have phenotypes that are exaggerated by the force of osmosis.

Congratulations VG..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i agree with you dave, i was just yankin' your chain!

coco always amazes me how you can get really big plants out of small pots, its a lot harder to do that with soil for sure.

i help off chopping the plants today, but they're pretty much ready and will get chopped in the next few days.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wayne yeah the smells are real earthy and kushy with some of the bubba funk and some more sweet/berry tones from the PK

some harvest pics
picture.php

picture.php

the other one
picture.php

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Amazing color and resin on this cross man. :artist:
Those must one of the best looking pictures and plants you have posted.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Really impressive cross VG. I'm eager to hear how they smoke as both plants look top notch.

Stunning work!

Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers guys, lets hope they smoke as well as they look and smell. really pleased with this so far.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts