What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome, questions, requests and off-topic posting

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all and welcome to the VerdantGreen subforum! :tiphat:
You would be forgiven for wondering what the hell a small scale grower like myself is doing selling seeds ;) and certainly I understand that most breeding projects will be beyond my scope… but I also hope that some well-thought-out lines and crosses are achievable as long as I understand my limitations.

I've been making seeds for a couple of years now and also sourcing the genetics for future projects. What I hope to do is make crosses using stable lines, which will mitigate my lack of space, and sometimes make S1s and feminised crosses using cuts that have been tried and tested.

Also, over this period, I have sent testers to friends and the feedback has been very positive.
So let's see where this takes us…

This thread can be used for requests, questions and any off-topic posting that doesn't fit into the other threads.

Cheers

VG

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
tumblr_lzcnn2wIFe1qi0hnvo1_500.gif

well done and good luck.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
congrats on the private breeder status VG! although i'd have to say we're the lucky ones, getting to try out some of your projects.

how about those heri crosses you were working on? any plans for those?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks VonBudi!

hi warped, lots of things i would like to do, but the first couple of things i want to do is to make lots more Bubba S1s - really i want to spread those genetics far and wide as its such a great smoke imo - also i made a cross called Cherryjuana, which is Herijuana crossed with Mr Greengenes Cherry Bomb (maui wowie) line, and i'd like to do some F2's of that as it's a real winner i think - quite Heri dominant but with better smell/flavor and bigger yields
i started a thread about the Cherryjuana in strains and hybrids
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238766.

VG

Last edited:

delic

Congrats VG, I've been admiring your work for a while and have a request. Please let me know when your next batch of seeds go up:biggrin:. Other than that keep up the great work. :tiphat:

cheers

-delic

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Pullin' up a chair for this one. Best of luck VG, can't wait to see what you cook up!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Only just spotted this section, via your Bubba S1 thread :)

Congrats on this move VG, there are plenty of breeders who are on your scale, but most are not as meticulous in their work or honest about things. I am sure you are going to do very well with your projects.

I have run GHS Bubba S1's the last 2 years outdoors here, sadly not this year, but, I will try to get hold of some of these and run them to see how they do, Bubba is great weed as you say...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks everybody!

CC - thanks for stopping by! - ive heard some varied reports on the GH bubba, weird that they list the genetics as bubblegum and kush because no-one else seems to know (although most agree that its not a cross). the picture they post is wierd too, looks more like Deep Chunk! maybe they have a different bubba cut from the pre-98.
you did well with them though if you went back for more?

VG

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hi VG,
Yes, GHS Bubba was my fave plant [along with Reggae Seeds Kalijah] of 2 years ago, seemed more vigorous than the stories I hear of the original clone, smells and tastes exactly as the original clone is described. It worked so well outdoors here, so last year I ran it again, a bit of variation in the phenos, as you would expect, but again great.
The "Bubblegum" story in GHS blurb is wrong IMO, it has been mentioned that their Marketing Dept is not 100% and they have allowed something that I think is incorrect to be published.
People who "know" Bubba have immediately ID'ed the GHS S1 as Bubba, so I do believe that it is the real cut, S1. So, as I have already run and seen this, I will get some of yours and run them, just to see, out of interest.
4 years ago I got Sagarmatha's Trainwreck S1, ran it, loved it, then got GHS Trainwreck S1, ran it loved it, there is zero difference IMO. Now I have "The original Trainwreck cut" specifically promised to be the mum GHS use, but it seems to be a different plant, more Sativa narrow leaf, whereas all the S1's, Sag and GHS give distinctively Opal shaped leaves.

dasher65

Thank you, VG, for your efforts in supplying some excellent croses to us at very affordable prices. Spewing I missed the Bubba Kush S1 drop....determined not to miss out a second time!!!

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
great to see you here VG!!! I wish you the best of luck for your breeding projects!

Latest posts

Latest posts