What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inbreeding.....the Skill of the Breeder.....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
That link doesn't work JLP. Pitty I was wondering if it meant that the variant genes exist in 1% of folks but are higher in those families or if it meant that any cousins marring have a 1 in 8 chance of unhealthy kids.

JLP

Veteran
I checked the link through the site I found the link on and it worked fine and I typed it in correctly but as you stated it doesn't work here.I'll fiddle with it later.I'll probably just type out the article.

JLP

G

Every human carries about 6 lethal recessives, but that's out of 30,000 genes so the chance of mating with someone who carries the same bad gene is low... but, about 1/3 of pregnancies spontaneously abort, usually before the woman even realizes that she's late, due to bad combinations of sperm and egg...

G

what about horses

what about horses

talking about a animal thats inbred.The throubred horse has been bred to be as fast a possible. that they break legs all the time in races. I am sure the a wild horse rarely break a leg when running,also the are very fragil animals, always getting sick,hurt,ect.

G

"actually its... the 12th planet.. "

sorry suge, I'll check my facts next time... :)

JLP

Veteran
Well,I was unable to get the link to work.

Here's a pic of the text.

Welcome to IC mag Sipperke :wave: .

JLP

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Wow I had no idea that was common. Makes me think about my own program (or rather that of my plants I should say). I thought cousin plants would be fairly safe for stabalising.

G

thanks jlp, i've been following your work for a while, esp. the LUI hybrids, they look really nice! One of these days I will have Ortega pollen, maybe you'd like a few mg? ;)

/ship

JLP

Veteran
Thanks Ship,I didn't think anybody still had the Ortega.I was thinking about the LUI the other day,I think I'll run some more.The last ones I grew had a sweet onion smell,really a nice Indica.

Here's some pics of my last ones.

JLP

sugenite

no prob ship.. u were deff on the right track... wait!! im having a flashback ;)
always heard lui was a heavy strain too.. was thinkin of hitting some low yeilders with the pack i just started for curiosity..as far as inbreeding problems..the worst case i ever had was a f3 of a bubbleberry yrs ago where all phenos lost all potency and completely hemed out.. maybe i was sold f2s and it was really a f4...

G

J.L.P. said:
100DSC_0001.JPG
:nono:well thats just disguisting...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
German courts jail man who fathered four children with his sister
By Clare Chapman in Munich
(Filed: 28/08/2005)

Patrick Stübing was four years old when his parents put him up for adoption in East Germany, unable to cope with a young child. Nearly 20 years later Patrick began to trace his birth family in Leipzig - a fateful decision that would eventually see him torn apart by incestuous love.

Joy at his reunion with his mother, Annemarie, turned to sorrow six months later when she died of a heart attack. Drawn together in grief, Patrick and his birth sister, Susan, found themselves falling in love and decided to have children. Now Patrick is in jail and his sister faces custody because the German courts have finally lost patience with their five-year relationship.

The couple, who have four children, said that they did not plan to have a sexual union. "We fell in love and there was nothing we could do about it," Susan said.

Controversially, the courts at first showed leniency. In April 2002, Patrick, 28, was sentenced to a year in jail, suspended for two years. But at the end of last year, with the relationship continuing, he was ordered to serve nearly two years. By then the couple had a son, Eric, four, and two daughters, Sarah, two, and Nancy, one.

In April this year, however, Susan, 21, gave birth to another daughter, Sophia. She refused to name the father but DNA testing revealed that it was Patrick.

His sentence is likely to be doubled and the public prosecutor is also considering legal action against Susan. "In the worst-case scenario, my client could have to serve another four years," said Patrick's lawyer, Joachim Frömling. Susan's lawyer, Sven Kuhne, hoped that she might escape with probation. "When she gave birth to her first two children she was still an adolescent, under 18. She loves her children," he said.

"Neither Patrick nor his sister really understand why their relationship is causing so much trouble for them. Susan keeps asking me why the state is getting involved when it is simply two people who love each other."

The children are all in foster care. Eric and Sarah are mentally impaired, probably because of inbreeding. Aged three, Eric was unable to speak or run. The other children are too young for their condition to be known. Susan is determined to get them back and says she will stand by Patrick in prison.

The case has sharply divided public opinion. Alice Miller, a leading Swiss psychoanalyst, said it was difficult to know why blood-relatives experienced mutual sexual attraction.

"There are no natural instincts that drive people to incest, which is why the majority of people find it hard to understand," she said. Ulrike Dierkes, 46, the chairman of an association for children of incestuous relationships, said: "A healthy person doesn't need to search for that kind of love from a brother or sister."

She believes that the authorities should have separated the couple. "The problem of incest is not solved simply by putting the children into care," she said.

Judge Bernd Jaehkel rejected the criticism: "A court cannot prevent love. Only Susan and Patrick can solve the situation by realising that what they are doing is wrong."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/28/wincest28.xml

.....Inbreeding amongst human populations is illegal in many societies and celebrated/encouraged in others..........

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
It maybe worth pointing out at this point that we share 90% of our genes with Bananas never mind each other. And that the rules for plants aren't identical to those for peeps. Not to mention that if it was that bad, Pakistan would be an empty country by now. Of course inbreeding will cause defects. Thats is what evolution does. Makes all kinds of small changes, some of which are beneficial and some arent. The trick is to keep the beneficial traits and not the others.

G

"And that the rules for plants aren't identical to those for peeps."

Why not? the numbers will be different but the essential principles remain the same...

jlp, I've heard that there is a cut called Ortega available in some Bay Area clubs, I'll be there next summer, and I'm hoping to take some STS along for a friend who has a card. I have no idea if the clone is the same as the LUI mom tho.

Latest posts

Latest posts