What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really poor progress for 6 week flower

ChenBenTz

I'm growing in Coco. Using H&G Cocos A+B.

Plants were doing FANTASTIC in veg, after switching to H&G Cocos.

Using the same nutes in flower, they're just not doing well.

I'm growing under 1,000w HPS, new bulb, AC w/good temps.

What's the problem and more importantly - what can I do to fix it?!

4vttVo9.jpg

pOBxWN5.jpg

YA1vOLa.jpg

9zNRsTS.jpg

Really appreciate the help!

Weeded1s

Your ec is too high and your giving uour plants too much N too late in flower. Give a half ec flush and Reduce your ec.

ChenBenTz

Your ec is too high and your giving uour plants too much N too late in flower. Give a half ec flush and Reduce your ec.

My PPM is ~1,100, so EC is about 2.2. I figured during late stages of flower, EC should be high.

Should I flush with pH hard/soft water or with EC 1.0?

And then, continue at 1.5, 1.2 EC? How high should it be?

My PPM is ~1,100, so EC is about 2.2. I figured during late stages of flower, EC should be high.

Should I flush with pH hard/soft water or with EC 1.0?

And then, continue at 1.5, 1.2 EC? How high should it be?

IME 1.2 EC is more than enough for flowering, especially with your nutrient line.

I would probably do a 0.5-0.7 EC flush and then continue with 1.2 EC feeding until the end.

ChenBenTz

IME 1.2 EC is more than enough for flowering, especially with your nutrient line.

I would probably do a 0.5-0.7 EC flush and then continue with 1.2 EC feeding until the end.

I went ahead and did a 0.3 EC flush (hard water).

The coco is taking more time to dry than I thought that it would..

Is there anything, besides watering with 1.2 EC that I can do to fatten these guys up?

I mean, at this point this grow is basically dead, right? I should just throw it out, no?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think you may be over worrying,,
see how they look in a week to ten days,,
how long is the bloom period for this variety?,,,
good luck,,,s2

ChenBenTz

i think you may be over worrying,,
see how they look in a week to ten days,,
how long is the bloom period for this variety?,,,
good luck,,,s2

This is the first time I've had buds that are so airy and fluffy.

I mean, if they aren't dense at all they're useless, right?

Usually by 7 weeks the buds are pretty huge.

But it's totally my fault for switching to coco. Should have tried it on one or two plants before.

Just wish there was something I could do, you know?

I feel so damn helpless..

gr866

Veteran
Hey bud follow their advice, give them time, you will start to thicken in the next few weeks.
It's not the coco, maybe your nute program, adjust and move forward. If it does not work, use this a learning experience. I think you are going to be surprised at the finish.

GR

watts

ohms
Veteran
It's ok man we all have to make mistakes to learn. Don't give up. Did you give them a flush with half strength at 5.8~ pH? Also what size pots are they in?

gr866

Veteran
Just reread your thread, did not see this, what coco are you using, did you precharge it prior too using it.
Some coco's you have to precharge. Don't give up on coco, I have steadaly move up, fisrt was 20% coco in perlite hempys, then 50/50, the 75/25, now 100% Canna coco, all the others were the " other" brands, lol. I have had not problems with the Canna so far. It takes diligence and sticking with it and learning how it acts in given situations. Canna is the shit, and I am not using Canna nutes as I had a gallon each of GH Micro and Bloom, they are working great for me at this time.

Stick with it Bud, I like what I am seeing in your grow, they are going to thicken up for you if you enviromental conditions are spot on.

GR

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I looked back but didn't see what strain you are growing or if it were a seed run or clone. Have you had good runs in this room before or have you made any changes in lighting. I would also agree with the above in the half strength flush and then feed them a little lighter. I would also keep ph pretty tight in late flower 6.0-6.2 and I check and adjust often. Without knowing, I bet you got a sativa that is going to take longer than you thought.

Weeded1s

No one said put plain hard water through it ...so not sure how that happened if i tead that correctly.
If u had enough nutes in the coco you might be ok but if you run low nutes, depending on how much u flushed, u could have just ruined the cec.
Just fyi

chronosync

Well-stoned member
OP was running 2.0ec so.....

Test runoff, if ec is still high flush w 1.0ec until output matches input and start em off again at 1.2ec

OP, you mention the coco is taking forever to dry. What size containers? Have you been feeding to runoff?

Weeded1s

@chrono if hes locked out like it definitely is/was....then i personally recomend going to 1.0 and seeing how it reacts. But only after a flush and depending on how he flushed it.
Not my plants tho so just my 2cents.

Also id get to 1.o with the least amount of N possible.
But f it ...u havent listened so far.
So good luck mate.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I agree weeded.

Got to clear the medium w/o ruining the cec bank (washing the buffer out) and then reset your pots at low ec and then start feeding......at a more appropriate level. Basically right?

ChenBenTz

Sorry, guys. I'm just used to flushing the salt out w/pH'd water in Soil.

I'll try watering w/Soft Water and 1.2 EC while using more Dutch Pro 'Explode' which is basically just PK.

It's White Widow x Big Bud, which is (I think) ~75% Indica. This is my 4th grow with this strain and they always fatten up well before this period.

Anything else I should do? Pots are 5 gallons.

gr866

Veteran
Dump the additives, not needed with proper nutes. IMHO!
Listen to Weeded1, he is not steering you wrong.

GR

Latest posts

Latest posts