What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st Time Green Dragon Tincure - So Far So Good?

NeaSuciu

This was/is my 1st time attempting a cannabis tincture! After much research I decided Green Dragon was the easiest & simplest method of making a tincture. I purchased 94% alcohol - Global 94% (Quebec, Canada). I got a 1L jar, the biggest I could find. Most importantly I had just under 200g of very high grade bud, decarbed from my vaporizer. The bud was vaporized at many different temperatures so I figure I have a very good selection in there for my 1st time as I didn't want to decarb a bunch of bud in the oven and not get it right!

So I filled the 1L jar with the 200g vaped/decarbed high grade bud, after which I poured alcohol on it. This was done at the very beginning of June, the 1st to be precise. Since then its been sitting in a dark place and as I walk by it I shake it vigorously for 2-3 minutes as I read in the recipes I've read. It's been about 2 & a half months so I figure it's nearing the end.

After straining the material, I plan to fortify the solution by adding a bunch of trim & shake (another 100g+) that I've yet to decarb, and which I will be decarbing in the oven. I would be leaving the solution for another 2-3 months in a dark place, shaking it in passing!

Please advise if you think I can do or should have done something to improve!

Please let me know what you see wrong with what I've done or what you think about my process so far!

I'm greatly appreciative of any suggestions, tips, criticism.....anything you believe will help me, believe me I'd be greatly indebted!

:thank you:

hi Nea,
welcome on iCmag.

probably u post in the wrong area of the forum, Concentrates or Processing would be a better place, that's why u did not get any answer

i do not know almost anything about Green Dragon, but i am really looking for a tincture recipe so i am interested in ur thread

so pratically u planned to apply a double "solution" (fortified by ur trim)

uhm that's sound interesting...let us know how it is going on

may i ask which temperature and how many times did you vape your high grade buds before to soak it in alchool ?

i use to inhale 3, 4 , 5 or 6 bags (i have a Volcano) with the same vaporized veggie (it depends how much i use...more i add more times i vape);
the temperatures are running from 176° C (350° F) to 196° C (385°F)

the tincture that can come out from my vaped buds should have some CBD inside

do you think it worth in my case ?