What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DEA - Marijuana to remain illegal

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Looks like Marijuana will not be rescheduled :cry: this year

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...a-remains-illegal-under-federal-law/88550804/

I guess it's time for a seed run :plant grow:

Peace

I saw this popping up on my IG feed this morning too.

This is actually a good thing. Rather than pussy foot around we need to completely declassify rather than reclassify it. If they bumped it down to schedule 2 that would completely upend everything that we have going for us now. There aren't any recreational Schedule 2 drugs. It would be a step back in the wrong direction. Honestly Big Pharma probably wants to see that happen so that they can come swinging into the market and have majority market share while all of us hobby scale guys and mom & pop outfits would be out in the cold or underground again.

We need to completely declassify it and make it fair game. You want to grow 100 plants in your backyard? Fuck it, game on.

:2cents:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
You hit it on the head..

You hit it on the head..

This is actually a good thing. Rather than pussy foot around we need to completely declassify rather than reclassify it. <snip>

We need to completely declassify it and make it fair game. You want to grow 100 plants in your backyard? Fuck it, game on.

Yes it needs to be completely declassified :party: Until then it's business as usual

TheMan13

Veteran
It seems odd to me that a special interest group such as the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) had such a say in the denial of this petition.

NIDA has inside the US a government granted monopoly on the production of medical marijuana for research purposes. In the past, the institute has refused to supply marijuana to researchers who had obtained all other necessary federal permits. Medical marijuana researchers and activists claim that NIDA, which is not supposed to be a regulatory organization, does not have the authority to effectively regulate who does and doesn't get to do research with medical marijuana. Jag Davies of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) writes in MAPS Bulletin:[28]

“ Currently, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has a monopoly on the supply of research-grade marijuana, but no other Schedule I drug, that can be used in FDA-approved research. NIDA uses its monopoly power to obstruct research that conflicts with its vested interests. MAPS had two of its FDA-approved medical marijuana protocols rejected by NIDA, preventing the studies from taking place. MAPS has also been trying without success for almost four years to purchase 10 grams of marijuana from NIDA for research into the constituents of the vapor from marijuana vaporizers, a non-smoking drug delivery method that has already been used in one FDA-approved human study. ”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa..._on_Drug_Abuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
www.9news.com
The DEA will never give up on the money they are getting off travelers. They have been mining for information every travel plan in the U.S. They profile suspicious travel plans, mug the traveler for the money he is carrying, and give him/her a RECEIPT. In one case a woman was buying a new truck and had cash from the boyfriends retirement account. The feds took the money and she had to sue to prove that the money really did come from the retirement account. She eventually got the money back minus $4000 the feds kept (for handling LOL). I hear that couriers that lose the money are not seen again.

Declassify would have been nice... Reclassify wouldn't have been bad...
But it does NOT need to be a Schedule 1...That is just ridiculous in my opinion :crazy:

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I find it pretty funny. The war on drugs is also pretty funny. This is a fucked up world we livin in.

TpM

LostTribe

Premium user

This is actually a good thing. Rather than pussy foot around we need to completely declassify rather than reclassify it. If they bumped it down to schedule 2 that would completely upend everything that we have going for us now. There aren't any recreational Schedule 2 drugs. It would be a step back in the wrong direction. Honestly Big Pharma probably wants to see that happen so that they can come swinging into the market and have majority market share while all of us hobby scale guys and mom & pop outfits would be out in the cold or underground again.

Word!

ODD.
Yesterday, our prez catches his oldest daughter on camera smoking a joint, then this am I see where our prez states Marijuana will remain classified as is. Coincidence ?? Don't think so, just a pissed off parent.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
ODD.
Yesterday, our prez catches his oldest daughter on camera smoking a joint, then this am I see where our prez states Marijuana will remain classified as is. Coincidence ?? Don't think so, just a pissed off parent.

First, our "prez" didn't state anything about classification of weed that was strictly the DEA.

Second, if that was Malia where was her Secret Service security detail? None of the family goes anywhere without their detail. There was also no smoke...........

I wouldn't hold my breath but if Obama were to do anything to help legalize weed it won't be until after Hillary wins the election. He knows there are way to many ignorant propagandized conservatives who would make sure to vote against any party trying to break that old Reefer Madness stereotype.

angelgoob

The experts don't realize we've been using it for thousands of years. The experts don't approve of smoking or vaporizing, they don't know the effects of other cannabinoids such as cannabichrome and such. This is why it's not legalize. Whole cannabis extracts have other cannabinoids besides THC and CBD.

It's like coffee, habit-forming, changes your mood, you gain tolerance, they both enhance life. Except when you order caffeine on Amazon, use too much and die. Yet Amazon still has anhydrous caffeine for sale. Where's the regulation of something that can actually kill?

Alcohol is a drug. The Drug Enforcement Agency though, doesn't deal with that. Why? We have to ask the question, not why it's not moved along to Sched II or III, but why alcohol is allowed to be excluded from all this. This way we learn how to legalize something. Maybe it has to do with Patriotism and having an aggressive standing army? This is the only conclusion I can really draw is that. If anybody has other reasons such as Big Pharma and Big Alcohol that's good too. The AD Council was funded by RJ Renyolds.

Nother funny thing, People see e-cigs as taking away the cigarette market. Guess what RJ Reyolds, producer of Camel Cigarettes does? They produce the VUSE vape. I know because when I tried quitting smoking I used one and found that they produce E-cigs too. Then I looked up the nicotine for the vape and it was like 48mgs. They aren't getting you to quit, they are getting you hooked on nicotine!

Same people who funded the Ad Council, produces not only cigarettes, but vapes. Scary. Anheuscher Busch also funded the Ad Council too.

Their wikipedia page is white-washed also.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's like trying to take the oil or steel industries down......they ain't gonna go without a serious fight...

So it is for the DEA...Just imagine for one moment how big the INDUSTRY of PROHIBITION is?..All those fat paychecks, that gravy-train of paychecks plus overtime, and whatever else they can rob off the back of the cannabis industry by putting the fear of incarceration and theft of liberty, property, the destruction of family life, and waste of life into the psyche of any cannabis enthusiast, grower, user or distributor.

I was trying to work out how far the trickle-down from prohibition gravy goes the other day, and figure on what professions and companies benefit from this war on cannabis, that has been going on for 7-8 decades already...Maybe you guys/gals can come up with some yourselves?

1. DEA agents.
2. Judges.(Court Services)
3. Lawyers, Attorneys, Barristers, Solicitors.(Legal Counsel)
4. Police Officers.
5. Prison Officers.
6. Doctors, Shrinks etc (Medics)
7. Catering companies, food sellers.
8. Construction companies. (building prisons and cop-shops)
9. Shareholders who receive dividends from shares in any law/security/prison corporations.
10. Probation officers and services.

*it would be interesting to compile a full list.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
@Gypsy - You can probably add seedbanks to that list.

Yes, and probably everyone who has ever made a dime from the sale of cannabis. Which would still go on, even if the plant was made universally legal....

Many growers don't even want legalization, because they fear prices for their product will drop considerably....it's an odd world.