What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunspot Solar Observatory

insomniac_AU

What do you think is going on?

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...s/news-story/ccf683ac757091c8ce7e881558573165

"...US federal agents have swarmed onto a mountaintop observatory from a Blackhawk helicopter, ordering staff to leave and sealing the facility off from the public. Perplexed astronomers and nearby residents have been wondering what is going on ever since.
The National Solar Observatory’s operators have been given no word as to why it has been seized or when it will be returned to their hands again..."

Green Squall

Its probably nothing, but I'd being lying if I said this story didn't catch my attention. One thing we can cross of the list is a Coronal Mass Ejection, since the experts said it would have hit by now.

insomniac_AU

Yeah without any facts I can only speculate. Maybe there was either something they didn't want the public to see or something they wanted to see themselves? It's a telescope. What other interest would the FBI have in it? I suppose it is near Holloman Air Force Base and the White Sands Missile Range.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Somehow, this guy has to be involved...

picture.php

St. Phatty

I had wierd behavior in 2 cell phones.

Both dying simultaneously about 2 days ago.

A smart phone and a flip phone.

The smart phone appears to be bricked and has no evidence of moisture.

The flip phone got water in it, after it was in a back pack with sealed bottles of water.

I scratched open the upper right corner of the flip phone screen, first using a small machinist file, then using a utility knife blade. Normally the only traces at the end of the screen, on the corner, would be ground, that's why I chose that location. Enough to make a tiny hole in the chamber that got the moisture.

I then put that phone in a bag of potassium nitrate (farm fertilizer, gunpowder component, desiccant) overnight.

It's now charging normally.

From chatting with ICMag'ers, it's obvious a lot of us have worked for government agencies & contractors.

My spidey-sense tells me something really interesting happened at that observatory, and now the US gov. is Hogging all the Fun !!!

Maybe ET is a big Khardashian fan.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Something's fucky....

You gotta love Bubbles

But really.... yeah... something's certainly fucky.

A week?

:chin:

My problem with shit like this it's they may never say what it was....

Especially if they were wrong.

Don't they work for us?

Gry

PR boost for selling space command, it may get the finest Hollywood villain treatment.
Indigenous space aliens.

igrowone

Veteran
some small pondering on this matter
former employee with a very big grudge?
the FBI prides itself on big take downs, that would be more of a local sheriff problem
Roswell is 80 miles away, can't be coincidence

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they're saying it's due to a criminal investigation of threats against the staff,they evacuated them because the observatory is fairly remote...it's open again...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That's no reason to keep it hush hush.

I would prefer to know if I'm in danger.

"Just go home sir... I'm going to sift through your desk."

Is a far cry from

"Hey we're worried you may be in danger but we are going to protect you."

Pay your taxes people.... It's obviously going to help us.

Fuggin jagoffs.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So the suspect may have been working there themselves?

And this employee wouldn't put it together then?

I can't see the logic.

But I may be illogical.

:D

Brother Nature

Observatories are federally owned right? If that's the case then I'd imagine anything that could happen there would need to be investigated by the feds, as boring as that explanation is.

I knew a kid at my high school get an internship at a large national bank, then steal thousands of dollars to fund his Oxy habit. He was eventually arrested by the feds at school.

Though who knows, perhaps he stumbled across proof of the Rothschild Zionist conspiracy to control the world through open borders. ;)

insomniac_AU

I've got no opinion one way or the other but would an investigation into an employee usually require Blackhawks and the evacuation of residents?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the observatory is run by a private company for a university,it's located in a national forest area so there isn't anyone living nearby aside from employee housing....nothing classified going on there,you can tour the facility normally...

mack 10

Veteran
they're saying it's due to a criminal investigation of threats against the staff,they evacuated them because the observatory is fairly remote...it's open again...

Strange case for sure.
What seemed odd was the police where not called.
Straight to the FBI.
Bit strange?
And close the post office?
Haven't they heard about the internet? lol.

Love it how people jump to aliens!
Or the sun is dead!

No worries we got hps.
:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts