What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdog IBL

Americangrower

Veteran
Hope you don't mind me posting a pic of my keeper SD ibl 06 grapefruit. I would give anything to still have her.

picture.php

picture.php

manpan

wow, that's beautiful.

If mine end up like that I would be very happy.

By my count, 70+ days to finish puts me in early to mid November.

I'll see if I can start posting pics.

manpan

The Sour D from 06 or 10 release. I would hit the best Sour D with a grapefruit NYCD

To be clear, when I say "NYCD", I really mean it's the NYCD x SD that Dramamine made around '11.

The mother is Soma's NYCD from '03 and the father is REz's SD from '10.

The SDs I have, I got in '11 from Rez .. so I guess that's the '10 drop.

If I hit the SD with NYCDxSD, it will be SD female x (NYCDxSD) male.. Which I'm sure will be nice. I understand that dominant traits follow the father .. so.. I don't think that will be a bad cross.

What would be interesting is if we see co-dominant traits that show up.

Americangrower

Veteran
To be clear, when I say "NYCD", I really mean it's the NYCD x SD that Dramamine made around '11.

The mother is Soma's NYCD from '03 and the father is REz's SD from '10.

The SDs I have, I got in '11 from Rez .. so I guess that's the '10 drop.

If I hit the SD with NYCDxSD, it will be SD female x (NYCDxSD) male.. Which I'm sure will be nice. I understand that dominant traits follow the father .. so.. I don't think that will be a bad cross.

What would be interesting is if we see co-dominant traits that show up.

That cross is going to be killa. Rez used a Soma nycd as his 1st cross to ecsd to make SD. So hopefully your nycd/sd x sd brings the ruby red back out of the sd. Since thats what made the 06 so damn good. I think the male used in 10 didn't carry the grapefruit as well as the 06 male did. Hopefully your cross brings it back out.

manpan

I put the plants in a 12 hour light cycle on 9/9. It's 9/18, and I have identified the gender of all 6 at since yesterday (or before). 3 males, 3 females.

I had some problems earlier with chlorosis - I was either over-watering or some nutrient lock. I didn't really have the energy to figure it out so I re-potted the affected plants with new soil, allowed them to dry up a bit, and made sure my water/nutrient solution is around 6/6.5 and I think that cleared that up.

I'll take several cuttings from the girls and allow the males to develop pollen. Going to pollinate on week 4 (end of Sept). I think these are 70 day plants, so that gives me 6 weeks for the seeds to mature. I'm just going to pollinate some lower branches so I can get several dozen seeds. I'll do another run with the best mother so I'll make 100 or so seeds.

I"m using soil in 1 - 1.5 gallon pots, and air pots. The soil is old Pro-mix but I think it's still good. I'm going to co-plant clover to see if that improves the soil quality. Also using Mammoth P once a week, 1 ml/gallon. Ferts are Fox Farm once a week, and Cal Mag with Silicon once a week (1 tsp/gallon).

The room gets a little hot some days - high 80s, but I'm not seeing any plant stress so I think it's ok. It's getting cooler where I am so the heat issue may just go away.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I put the plants in a 12 hour light cycle on 9/9. It's 9/18, and I have identified the gender of all 6 at since yesterday (or before). 3 males, 3 females.

I had some problems earlier with chlorosis - I was either over-watering or some nutrient lock. I didn't really have the energy to figure it out so I re-potted the affected plants with new soil, allowed them to dry up a bit, and made sure my water/nutrient solution is around 6/6.5 and I think that cleared that up.

I'll take several cuttings from the girls and allow the males to develop pollen. Going to pollinate on week 4 (end of Sept). I think these are 70 day plants, so that gives me 6 weeks for the seeds to mature. I'm just going to pollinate some lower branches so I can get several dozen seeds. I'll do another run with the best mother so I'll make 100 or so seeds.

I"m using soil in 1 - 1.5 gallon pots, and air pots. The soil is old Pro-mix but I think it's still good. I'm going to co-plant clover to see if that improves the soil quality. Also using Mammoth P once a week, 1 ml/gallon. Ferts are Fox Farm once a week, and Cal Mag with Silicon once a week (1 tsp/gallon).

The room gets a little hot some days - high 80s, but I'm not seeing any plant stress so I think it's ok. It's getting cooler where I am so the heat issue may just go away.

:headbanger

Yeah! This thread is getting better

manpan

took this last night. Not happy with the pic. it was pretty yellow b/c of the light. I'll try to get something better.
Front row, L to R, chemdog, NYCD, NYCD.

I don't know what's what in the back but there's Sourd Diesel back there and more NYCD.

I'll need to count how many plants I have there. There's 3 Chemdogs, 5 Sour D, and .. 4 to 6 NYCD. After I finish this November, I'll cut these down to 2 CDs, 2 or 3 Sour Ds, and 2 or 3 NYCDs. To be honest, they all smell fantastic when I rub the stems. The NYCDs were a pleasant surprise - vigorous, fast growers and early. I'm not getting much pheno variety (that I can tell) - there was 1 mutant female and 1 mutant male. I killed the male; the female I'm leaving in the tent to see what she turns out to be. She's very branchy and weird, deformed leaves. But she's producing flowers and smells great.

The other NYCDs are just solid plants. Thick stems, nice potent odors, big green leaves. However I'm caring for them, they're responding really well. Also, the internode distances are really short - maybe an inch - versus the sour ds where it's a least 2 inches between nodes, maybe 2 1/2.

You can't tell in the pic, but these girls are mostly 2 ft tall. The tallest is probably 2 1/2 ft. They call all probably grow up to 3ft, but not much more. I think the tent is 6 ft tall, but I need space between the light and tops of the plants. I don't want to bend them or tie them down b/c I want to see the full normal expression of the plants. I did top some of the NYCD and at least 1 chemdog. The rest I just left with a single main stem.

I didn't measure how tall the Sour Ds were when I put them into flowering - I would guess at least 10 inches, definitely not taller that 12 - so they doubled in height but I'm only 14 days in. Don't they stop stretching after 3 weeks?

I put the males in the closet and collecting pollen.

Last edited:

manpan

I'll post pictures.
The fan leaves on the Chemdog started to turn yellow (7 weeks) - which seem early. The pistils have started to turn color, but the trichomes are still clear.
The NYCD/SD is looking really good. Thick, fat buds. But still very green (7 weeks).

I was reading up on it, and it seems that fan leaves turning yellow at 7 weeks is normal, so I'm not going to worry about it.

The Chemdog may finish in 10 weeks, the NYCD/SD could go to 11. We'll see.

I'm also doing Sour Diesel IBL, and those are still very green. They will go 10/11 weeks.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SD IBL could go 12 weeks from what I've seen from others.

Hope it all turns out fire for ya.

Latest posts

Latest posts