What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt feminized limited edition

Hi NativeRedman,

Thanks for sharing pics of the whole plant!
Really beautiful and healthy plant you had there.
Wish she had enough time to ripen properly before the harvest.
How did she end up ?

Thank you dubi! The two I had going ended up with half pound each roughly could have been better but I have no complaints. Great genetics that produced some sweet musky smelling buds hard to describe the smell but I really like it. The high is very relaxing kind of a classic pot high I would say. If done to their full potential would have been a knock out super strong high for sure. I have cuts from them being run inside that already have super dense heavy buds I will get pictures of them at some point

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback NativeRedman :)

Glad to hear they yielded well and produced strong and relaxing effects.
Musky skunky aromas are unmistakable aromas from Black Domina.
Looking forward to see your indoor run with her! :yes:

Have a great weekend! dubi

My keeper pheno

Attachments

• 20181012_050203.jpg
    20181012_050203.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20181009_185721.jpg
    20181009_185721.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 18

40degsouth

Hi everyone, got my first Ace in the hole��.......well three really. All the girls pulled through and did really well on fourteen hours of light.
About a month before scheduled planting my plan was to increase the light by 15mins a week to alow for twilight.
I noticed a preflower on the more EP leaning pheno about a week after beginning this and then another about a week later and the appearance of the nodes beginning to tighten up, so l put the light straight up to 16 hours and left it there.
Instead of planting on the first of November, l gave them a further ten days and planted on the 10th with a good watering in with a higher than normal
nitrogen feeding for a transplant.
Root development looked really good and they made full use of their two litre pots, in that, when taken out of the pot, the medium didn't fall to bits it held together, which l like to see.
One week after a deep planting, they haven't missed a beet and suffered no transplant shock and in fact actually look better now than they did at planting, l'm very happy with the first week of growth given there was no hardening off period.
Chlorophyll production is exactly on point and where it should be.
Because of the pre-flowers l had a bit of a change of plan with planting and planted this one in a 1000 with two regular Erdperts, just in case it goes into flower and the other two in 300s.
I'd just like to finish off by saying "thanks" to Syd for getting back to me and what a bummer it is when things go wrong. I to know the dizzying heights of success and the doldrum of failure but l think we learn so much more from our failures than our successes ����
Thanks for your advice on the seed department but my second order turned up a day or two after our last conversation; I'm a firm believer in taking a proactive approach to failure and accepting full responsibility for it. Because of this I'm now staring at four out of four, regular Golden Tigers and two regular Erdperts (out of five, probably old seed????��)
I'm definitely going to need help with the GTs I've never grown a 100% sativa, one of them is the most vigorous plants I've ever seen. I'll post this stuff up on the respective threads.
Cheers everyone, I've enjoyed the show,
40 ��

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Amazing plant NativeRedman! Looks killer.

Here's the lady I have around 40 days, doing very well, good yield and hard nugs. I do really like the BD aromatics with some citrus and something close to peach aromatics. Thanks dubi!

picture.php

picture.php

40degsouth

Hey all,
The more Erdpert leaning pheno has slowed in growth and started throwing pistols. She started showing signs of potassium deficiency after about ten days, which was a bit of a red flag.
It would appear the initial growth was a bit of stretch but now she's going through the whole should l or shouldn't l flower thing. I've been watering all three with a high nitrogen, liquid feed every week but even this hasn't helped make her mind up.
The other two are quite uniform in development and unless you really study the plants, for subtle differences, you won't see them.
They have both more than doubled in height and girth and are beginning to branch significantly, something the other plant isn't doing.
They have also thrown a few pistols but appear to be powering through and getting ready to go into an explosive growth phase over the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed for this anyway.
Both these girls are pushing 600mm and in my experience, a plant this big at this time of the year has the potential to grow quite big.
I was just wondering if Native Redman, Dubi, or anyone for that matter, might point out if there is anything to look out for when choosing a keeper pheno, as subjective a decision as this is. Perhaps in early stages of growth, or over the next couple of months.
Been enjoying watching some long running sativas coming down, with smoke reports.
Great to see Dubi back on the ol' keyboard, hope the hand's healing nicely. Bet you didn't feel too much pain!! :)
Cheers, 40!!

kickarse

Its been a slow start here, only started to get sunny warm days a few days ago
was late planting them as well, they went in last week of Nov

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My keeper pheno

Great NativeRedman! ;) Now i know what you mean.
Really nice chunky and big indica flowers of good flower/leaf ratio and agressive look. Hope your selection of these genetics keep rotating in your garden for at least a few grows!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ras friend :)

It's my pleasure to see you dedicated a bit of space in your garden for some of our latest crosses :huggg: Your Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt looks great after only 40 days of flowering! You know well the Black Domina 98 elite, so you know what to expect from a hashplant hybrid of this kind.

Best wishes for your upcoming breeding and preservation projects!

Amazing plant NativeRedman! Looks killer.

Here's the lady I have around 40 days, doing very well, good yield and hard nugs. I do really like the BD aromatics with some citrus and something close to peach aromatics. Thanks dubi!

View Image

View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi everyone, got my first Ace in the hole��.......well three really. All the girls pulled through and did really well on fourteen hours of light.
About a month before scheduled planting my plan was to increase the light by 15mins a week to alow for twilight.
I noticed a preflower on the more EP leaning pheno about a week after beginning this and then another about a week later and the appearance of the nodes beginning to tighten up, so l put the light straight up to 16 hours and left it there.
Instead of planting on the first of November, l gave them a further ten days and planted on the 10th with a good watering in with a higher than normal
nitrogen feeding for a transplant.
Root development looked really good and they made full use of their two litre pots, in that, when taken out of the pot, the medium didn't fall to bits it held together, which l like to see.
One week after a deep planting, they haven't missed a beet and suffered no transplant shock and in fact actually look better now than they did at planting, l'm very happy with the first week of growth given there was no hardening off period.
Chlorophyll production is exactly on point and where it should be.
Because of the pre-flowers l had a bit of a change of plan with planting and planted this one in a 1000 with two regular Erdperts, just in case it goes into flower and the other two in 300s.
I'd just like to finish off by saying "thanks" to Syd for getting back to me and what a bummer it is when things go wrong. I to know the dizzying heights of success and the doldrum of failure but l think we learn so much more from our failures than our successes ����
Thanks for your advice on the seed department but my second order turned up a day or two after our last conversation; I'm a firm believer in taking a proactive approach to failure and accepting full responsibility for it. Because of this I'm now staring at four out of four, regular Golden Tigers and two regular Erdperts (out of five, probably old seed????��)
I'm definitely going to need help with the GTs I've never grown a 100% sativa, one of them is the most vigorous plants I've ever seen. I'll post this stuff up on the respective threads.
Cheers everyone, I've enjoyed the show,
40 ��

Hi 40degsouth,

Sorry, i'm not sure i fully understood your post (my english is not the best). Good sized ErdPurts will accept well the level of nutrients that you comment. Not sure if you germinated them indoors first and then transplant them outdoors .... as we state in the growing tips of ErdPurt strain description, ErdPurt can show semiautoflowering tendencies when grown below 45º latitude, with short photoperiods or with small pots. You must take in consideration these variables to avoid ErdPurt start to flower too early in the outdoor season.

Feel free to post pics of them, it will be much easier to understand at what point are you right now with them.

40degsouth

Hi everyone,
thanks Dubi, l hope your hand is feeding better and has healed well. Sorry my post is hard to understand. I don't know how to post photos so I'm %110 safe and l really struggle with computer stuff at the best of times so l try to describe what's going on as best l can.
In answer to your question, l did start them indoors in the hope of getting them established before planting outside, so everything that's happened after that has been grower error. In saying this l have had some outstanding success using this technique in the past.
My plan was to take the plants from 14 hours of light, after two or so months of veg, to 15 hours, over a month, to match the daylight hours at planting, including twilight. I was hoping they would continue to veg and l might end up with some extra growth at the end of the season.
I planned on planting on the 1st of November but because the more Erdpert leaning pheno was showing signs of flower l put the light up to 16 hours, in the hope of preventing this and planted on the 14th of November.
She did in fact go into flower, even with weekly feeds of high nitrogen in a 1000 gallon bed. This plant's now going through a reveg and is 1.1 meters tall.
The other two were planted in 300s and are flowering also but going through a sort of funky reveg. Daylight hours, using sunrise and sunset as daylight, was 15 hours a few days ago and growth on these plants has stopped at 1.4 meters. The buds are still kind of stacking on both of these and when l think about it early strains here begin to flower around the first week of February anyway, so maybe I'll get an extended flowering and therefore bigger flowers or maybe I've found a way for more northern and southern growers to induce early flowering while still getting some decent growth for their lattitude. Either way I'm really looking forward to watching how the plants progress.
It's also been really interesting observing the terp profiles of these plants over the last few months. They were all different for quite a while and ranged from the musky skunk to skunky citrus but now they all kind of smell the same and remind me of Afghan based strains l used to grow in the 90s, a real sweet hash smell. Maybe it's the 30 plus degrees heat breaking them down and leaving a base generic smell??
These plants are sturdy and I'm very impressed with the structure. The stem is quite big for such a small plant and I'm hoping they've still got some growing left in them.
Anyway l think experiments make us better growers and it's my absolute pleasure to be able to share my experiences with everyone here. I can definitely see the potential in these plants and now have a much better understanding of how far l can push them, plus I've still got two for next year.
I'm currently in the process of popping seeds to search for a male in order to add vigour, size and later flowering to the same perfect robust structure. I've got one in mind.
Cheers 40.

Great NativeRedman! ;) Now i know what you mean.
Really nice chunky and big indica flowers of good flower/leaf ratio and agressive look. Hope your selection of these genetics keep rotating in your garden for at least a few grows!

Thanks dubi!! She is going to be ran again very soon in a smaller area with a 315cmh probably be in there in a few weeks. All of my plants end up with a aggressive or strange expressions look to them I'm not sure if its something with my soil mix or cause I prefer to listen to lots of metal when I garden hahaha

ULMW

:)Getting close. Lovely sticky and fragrant

Attachments

• 20190126_174710.jpg
    20190126_174710.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190126_174736.jpg
    20190126_174736.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 10

kickarse

Hi kickarse,

Nice looking and healthy ErdPurt you have there! :)
Looks like she started to flower in your last update ....
how is she doing lately ?

Going very well dubi, was in a small pot for to long, been trying to flower since mid DEC, smells fantastic, probably just as well its the Erdpert, its been fairly wet and humid so far, been getting plenty of mould on the light dep plants, except for the Bangi and the Thai Chi

Last edited: