What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express x nepal jam

germinator843

I just ordered some seeds of orient express x nepal jam and I would like to know how much it stretches when passing 12/12 or how much height to pass to 12/12 so that they grow about 60 centimeters.

Koondense

Veteran
I have two of these plants, two not so different phenos. One is more bushy and one more stretchy but they're not into flowering yet so can't speak about true stretch yet. Will report whithon a few weeks.

Cheers

The Hatter

Veteran
I have not grown out the cross, but I have grown out both parental strains and as a whole they are not very stretchy for sativa genetics, but I having said this I had a 12 week VB leaning pheno of OE that really was quite stretchy and a Blue Mountain leaning pheno of Nep Jam that was quite a beast of a plant as well. These phenos were quite uncommon even back when I grew these strains out 5 years ago and from what I understand Ace has further worked these strains since then making such lanky throw backs even rarer. As a general rule my stretch was between 1.5 and 2.5 X for both strains with the OE stretching a bit less on average.

If your total height limit is only 60 cm you are going to want to use some type of aggressive height control method. I let my plants grow naturally and flipped them at about 4 weeks and the tallest plants ended up at least 160cm with the short phenos finishing at about 100cm. Both parental lines are quite vigorous growing strains despite being inbred for many generations so imagine with hybrid vigor added to the equation their offspring are probably going to be very fast growing plants that will need require quite a bit of training to keep them under 60cm.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome germinator843,

Thanks for supporting our work. I'm glad you are about to start the new Orient Express x Nepal Jam fem limited edition :)

This limited edition was bred using our more fast flowering and indica leaning parental plants of both strains, the offspring produces a massive yielding compact indica main pheno of very little stretching as described in the official description of the strain, although as The Hatter correctly pointed out, a very beautiful and colorful more sativa vietnamese/jamaican sativa pheno can be found. This more sativa phenotype likes to stretch much more, but can easily be recognized in veg.

The main indica pheno has little stretching and you can switch them to 12/12 flowering photoperiod with an approx height of 35-40 cms and they will finish with a height of around 60 cms. The more sativa can easily double its size in the first week of flowering.
As usual, flowering clones is always much more manageable than flowering immature plants from seed. Feel free to post pics if you want better assistance.

Best wishes!

germinator843

Hi Dubi, I wanted to ask you, why do not you recommend using pgr in orient express and in orient express x nepal jam?
And what kind of pgr is the least recommended.
I ask because I use products that contain chlormequat, triacontanol and 6-bap. Could I have a problem with them?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi germinator843,

Does 'pgr' stands for 'plant growth regulators' ?
I don't recommend to use flowering stimulators with hormones with strains that are not very sexually stable as they can induce hermie tendencies especially if you abuse of them. With clones and strains that are very sexually firm is usually ok.

Hope i'm replying to what you were asking :)

Latest posts

Latest posts