Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud

Thread Title Search
-
incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2018, 04:19 AM #121
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
I do not wonder why something went wrong. I did analysis. I know why something went wrong. I see it in the statistical analysis. You are not up to date on experimental design if you fail to see that advantage of going over the edge

I will agree with 95% of the time what people claim to be a Mg def ain’t. Hell I find 0.25-0.3% ideal which is lower than most plants. And who hasn’t chased high N with mo Mg, or high Mg with more aminos...but is that ideal?

Too much K. If you use compost or ewc I agree. Too much K is a retard move...I cannot argue that one at all. I fucking hate most compost/ewc
jidoka is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 05:20 AM #122
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
I do not wonder why something went wrong. I did analysis. I know why something went wrong. I see it in the statistical analysis. You are not up to date on experimental design if you fail to see that advantage of going over the edge

I will agree with 95% of the time what people claim to be a Mg def ainít. Hell I find 0.25-0.3% ideal which is lower than most plants. And who hasnít chased high N with mo Mg, or high Mg with more aminos...but is that ideal?

Too much K. If you use compost or ewc I agree. Too much K is a retard move...I cannot argue that one at all. I fucking hate most compost/ewc
The original experiments were done by Tiedjens. I have replicated his studies and knowing experimental design, I went to 90% Ca and in various crops. Did that for many years professionally, demonstrating nutrient uptake curves. At 90% Ca plants were hungry, you can see it.

Not knowing what you are applying, whether it is compost,ewc, bottled woowoo, etc. is silly Since you do know what is in your salt shaker, it is easier, no?

Realize you need humus sites to buffer and exchange elements so that plants can selectively pickup charges, not so much what is in solution. It is essential to use a humus source.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 06:43 AM #123
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Shmavis,

Of all that holes that one can fall in, Calcium is the biggest. The reason is simple, you can't recover from a Ca deficiency, ever. So everyone pretty much starts with a ball and chain around their neck and then want to run.

This is why I get folks to run soil analysis correctly, using procedures for the type of media/soil that one is in. Those that have gone this route and applied their Ca up front in adequate quantities against K, Mg and Na, see excellent results.

Having more K than P, same issue, hard to catch up on that one too.

So yes, roots are roots. Just that if a Mom is malnourished, her clones are not going to form callus on the cut. Many seeds lose viability or have problems for the same issue, not enough reserves, especially Mn.

I will take some photos in February of a couple of grows that I work with to demonstrate my point regarding callus formation. I will probably post those in my thread though... slownickel lounge. Check it out. Lots of analysis, science, results!
Iím looking to expand my knowledge. So Iíll be over your way, to check out your thread. And I would very much like to run a soil analysis of the mix I use. So I look forward to learning how.

But in the meantime, what of my question? Such discussions only seem relevant to a homogenous garden with clones of one particular var. (To say nothing of abstracting away from environmental conditions.)

I agree with others who have said the variables are otherwise boundless - and I say this only because whether from clone or seed hasnít been established - unless I missed it. In other words, is any of this relevant if growing from seed in a non 100% controllable environment? And under what sort of lighting? Artificial, natural? Do Ca requirements under natural lighting equate to the same under artificial?

It may be true that most mixes or bottled additives lack sufficient Calcium... but relative to what? One pheno may thrive and find all that is necessary to flourish in a particular medium, whereas another - or others - may suffer a tad; and at worst, struggle. Or, they may all shine.

All Iím wondering is if I up the Ca in my medium am I going to see full success growing from seed? Irrespective of phenotypical expression?
ß467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again ďI know that thatís a treeĒ, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: ďThis fellow isnít insane. We are only doing philosophy.Ē

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 06:49 AM #124
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
What did your 90% Ca in the soil plants show on tissue analysis?

I know exactly what is in my salt shaker

And I use plenty of humus. It does not do much good to build cec for cations if you cannot hold anions, does it?
jidoka is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 07:14 AM #125
jidoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Iím looking to expand my knowledge. So Iíll be over your way, to check out your thread. And I would very much like to run a soil analysis of the mix I use. So I look forward to learning how.

But in the meantime, what of my question? Such discussions only seem relevant to a homogenous garden with clones of one particular var. (To say nothing of abstracting away from environmental conditions.)

I agree with others who have said the variables are otherwise boundless - and I say this only because whether from clone or seed hasnít been established - unless I missed it. In other words, is any of this relevant if growing from seed in a non 100% controllable environment? And under what sort of lighting? Artificial, natural? Do Ca requirements under natural lighting equate to the same under artificial?

It may be true that most mixes or bottled additives lack sufficient Calcium... but relative to what? One pheno may thrive and find all that is necessary to flourish in a particular medium, whereas another - or others - may suffer a tad; and at worst, struggle. Or, they may all shine.

All Iím wondering is if I up the Ca in my medium am I going to see full success growing from seed? Irrespective of phenotypical expression?
So 150 different strains, indo and gh. 1 basic fertigation and some (not a lot)difference in foliar

Do you need more Ca. I have no clue w/o testing...anyone that says different is a moron
jidoka is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:51 PM #126
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
“The Sin of All Sins is to make Fertility Recommendations Without the Benefit of Plant Analysis” J. Benton Jones jr.
Avenger is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:32 PM #127
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
Nitrate based ferts seem to be the reasons for shitty bud.

Nothing trumps reality: the sources and application matter more than the ratio IME.

It surprises me, the lack of discernment between organic digestion methodology and synthetic direct injection practices on these forums. Traditional farmers do not worry with ppm because the count of the medium is not shared with the plant. Just saying. Its two distinct systems.

The source matters. In mature weed sheds and feeds itself. Thats a clue what it wants. If we were growing briar bushes, fed em furry dead animals, thats why they have thorns. Its what they want.

Get back to nature and quit worshipping numbers.
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2018, 08:28 PM #128
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAnnoyed View Post
Nitrate based ferts seem to be the reasons for shitty bud.

Nothing trumps reality: the sources and application matter more than the ratio IME.

It surprises me, the lack of discernment between organic digestion methodology and synthetic direct injection practices on these forums. Traditional farmers do not worry with ppm because the count of the medium is not shared with the plant. Just saying. Its two distinct systems.

The source matters. In mature weed sheds and feeds itself. Thats a clue what it wants. If we were growing briar bushes, fed em furry dead animals, thats why they have thorns. Its what they want.

Get back to nature and quit worshipping numbers.
You worship the passive ionic uptake pathway of organic growers. This methodology grows awesome tomatoes and strawberries.

Cannabis enjoys additional pathways of uptake and needs to be treated as such a plant. Growing organic or refined mineral, the plant responds the same. Too much of something? Poor quality. Extra un-needed somethings? Poor quality. Feed only what it wants, when it can use it properly. The precision of hydro makes this much easier than with amended soil.

I'm still waiting to meet organics who can match what I do. I know you're out there and I can't wait to meet and swap info.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:59 AM #129
Xanode

Xanode is on a distinguished road
I use GH 3 part cause NASA uses it, bro's...... in turn, increasing the gravitational pull of my planet-sized, competition-winning mutant buds. I think I'm starting to form a tear in the fabric of space/time. Shit need more calmag!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:08 AM #130
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
You worship the passive ionic uptake pathway of organic growers. This methodology grows awesome tomatoes and strawberries.

Cannabis enjoys additional pathways of uptake and needs to be treated as such a plant. Growing organic or refined mineral, the plant responds the same. Too much of something? Poor quality. Extra un-needed somethings? Poor quality. Feed only what it wants, when it can use it properly. The precision of hydro makes this much easier than with amended soil.

I'm still waiting to meet organics who can match what I do. I know you're out there and I can't wait to meet and swap info.
Soil can be just as precise if you know what you are doing.
growingcrazy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.