Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Dyna Gro KLN?

Thread Title Search
-
Dyna Gro KLN? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2018, 12:52 AM #1
Smoke_A_Lot

Smoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really nice
Arrow Dyna Gro KLN?

Does anybody use Dyna Gro's KLN growth stimulate? I was going to pick up SUPERthrive but i heard they changed the formula an it was less effective.

I got persuaded to pick up KLN which contains vitamin B1 and NAA, plus another synthetic rooting hormone, indole acetic acid, or IBA. The hormones are very powerful chemicals, and with the B1, are known to stimulate the initiation of root growth.

I fed my seedlings a solution of it, and i can see through the cup the roots took off! A healthy root system = a healthy plant.

I just wanted to know if it's okay to feed a solution of this or foliar feed, 1 tsp per gallon all the way through veg and stop around the 1st wk or 2 of flowering?

Anybody who uses this product or anything like it please chime in with your experience!

Smoke_A_Lot is online now Quote

Old 10-25-2018, 03:58 AM #2
Smoke_A_Lot

Smoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really niceSmoke_A_Lot is just really nice
Thumbs down

Is it me or did ICmag turn into a ghost town? Wow

Old 10-25-2018, 05:28 AM #3
sturgeongeneral

sturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant future
Ive used it as a foliar for young plants when I'm out of thrive alive. It works well but I prefer thrive alive red as an all purpose any stage foliar.. helps keep things nice and green.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=310164

( ACTIVE ) Wanna see my pp??

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=308818

( DONE) GG4 X Fire Cookies promix and hydro
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314637

This where u wanna be when jesus comes back
sturgeongeneral is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:52 AM #4
Smoke_A_Lot

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeongeneral View Post
Ive used it as a foliar for young plants when I'm out of thrive alive. It works well but I prefer thrive alive red as an all purpose any stage foliar.. helps keep things nice and green.

I was gonna go with Thrive Alive but it's kinda on the expensive side for someone on budget. I heard good things about Super Thrive but doing research i came to the conclusion KLN is about the same or better than ST.

Beside foliar feeding do you think it's safe to use thru out veg in a diluted ratio feeding with ferts?

Old 10-25-2018, 05:55 AM #5
Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really niceFred Sanford is just really nice
I also foliar with Thrive Alive red and green. Really good results. 1ml per 16oz sprayer covers my tiny veg room and any plant in early flower. A bottle lasts forever.

- Live below your means - boggleheads.org

- For evil to triumph it only takes good men to do nothing

- Getting old sucks, but if you're lucky it will happen to you
Fred Sanford is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:24 PM #6
sturgeongeneral

sturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant futuresturgeongeneral has a brilliant future
I agree a little goes a long ways. I mix up about 12ml to a gallon and it works really well as a foliar. I can't answer about super thrive. Can't say I've ever checked it out. On the bottle TA has a mixture for non foliar feeding

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=310164

( ACTIVE ) Wanna see my pp??

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=308818

( DONE) GG4 X Fire Cookies promix and hydro
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314637

This where u wanna be when jesus comes back
sturgeongeneral is online now Quote

Old 11-01-2018, 01:37 PM #7
BubbaBear

BubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura about
KLN is a legit rooting agent but it's just that a hormone rooting agent, comparing it to Thrive Alive is apples to oranges. Just because they both have vitamin B in them doesn't mean they cant be used at the same time. Thrive Alive is primarily kelp and nutrients not rooting hormones. KLN is one of the only rooting agents that's upfront about its ingredients. It's a super versatile product too, dip cuttings in it and it roots clones, use it at as a foliar or root drench and it blows out your roots, couple it with a good microbe product and it rivals Roots Excelurator.

Last edited by BubbaBear; 11-02-2018 at 10:16 PM..
BubbaBear is offline Quote

Old 11-05-2018, 07:00 PM #8
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
i throw a capful of KLN in my aero cloner. makes for awesome rootmass.
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

Old 11-05-2018, 07:49 PM #9
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I've only used KLN in my deep water culture cloner and it works awesome for that.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 11-05-2018, 08:01 PM #10
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of light
I love KLN. It has 2 rooting hormones like dip n grow and works way better then single hormone stuff like clonex. It's for rooting plants though. You can't foliar your plants with it. It has a light acid in it and ANYTHING it touches is all knarled in root bumps after 2 days. I would think it would seriously mess up your plants.

I thought the whole vitamin b thing was proven to be a myth. You don't need the extra products. You need prime conditions to thrive.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote