What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is a better name for these type of genetics??

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok...

This discussion is ridiculous, imo.
Yall are funny.

Seeds & plants are not the same & cannot be categorized in the same manner.

SEMIAUTO is a term that relates to seeds, NOT individuals.
Semiauto is a note saying that SOME PLANTS FROM THESE SEEDS will autoflower but not all.

Individuals are either auto or photo... They can't be both.

M

metsäkana

semi meaning ''part'' auto meaning automaticly flower or autoflower? XD

yeah its funny

and most confusing for more north you go becouse less you can do with them if you dont know how they act

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
SSP Cannabis

Super Short Photoperiod Cannabis

SSP or 2SP in conversations...

Discussions on the topic became confusing, so we just came up with SSP. It makes things easier all around. ;)

M

metsäkana

i accept it =) but i still use what i said, if people start using it i turn too =)

ever heard of a semiautomatic gun? its not half of the guns are automatic and some are not...

term semi auto term comes from the Parents!
one is photo, one is automatic, if you cross there two there is a chance that all outcome will have same shortened flowering trigger.

sometimes when you cross auto+regular you end up with plants that start flowering under 13, 15, 18h of light. butt all of them will flower at the same time.
thats how i understand it...

I have 4males, 3 started to flower under 20h and one under 18h light...
I will cross them with my outdoor plants and will see if i am right or not. my goal are plants that start to flower under 16h of light outdoors, flowering time of 8-9weeks max, potent in thc and resistant to desease..

i have everything besides the flowering at16h outdoors. wish me luck!

MrBungle

This doesn't seem like a desirable trait, and probably why it has not been marketed....

Breeders probably mark it as a genetic anomaly

not desirable for indoors, yes , who would want to spend more than 12h of light for flowering? For outdoors= mexico, columbia, maroco, india, afghan = they have no problems.

and northamerica and europe? ever tought about that? USA and EU and Russia are supposed to be the CUSTOMERS of druglord,mafia,black goverment,darknet shit...
so you wont get the perfect northern strain from a mainstream seedbank... they want you to grow INDOORS, thats where the money plays, or to fucking buy your weed but nobody want to have Guerillagrowers. Its also much easier to put you for ID growing in jail rather than Guerilla-. at least not in EU and USA and RUSSIA, they want you to pay pay pay... there is no such thing as coinsidence in the world everything is planned and calculated from the vampires..
or not, idk...

M

metsäkana

A semi-automatic, or self-loading firearm, is one that not only fires a round (bullet) each time the trigger is pulled, but also performs all steps necessary to prepare it to discharge again—assuming cartridges remain in the firearm's feed device.

im too stoned to turn that now to semi-autoflowering

if you cross auto+photo i think some part of it will autoflower and some part not or maybe everything photos and after you cross it again with auto its fully auto

or if you cross auto with auto its full auto

if you cross semi-auto with auto its full auto becouse it already have some auto gene

partly autoflower

partly automaticly shoots :D

''[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]its not half of the guns are automatic and some are not...''

if its semi-automatic gun its not guns?

semi automatic gun semi automaticly loads? or semi automaticly shoots?

not semiautomaticly is gun and guns?

?????????

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The term "auto-loader" may also be used to describe a semi-automatic handgun. However, to avoid confusion, the term "automatic rifle" is generally, conventionally and best restricted to a rifle capable of fully automatic fire. Both uses of the term "automatic" can be found; the exact meaning must be determined from context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikCQRx3BWQ0

tons of guns, you got, we got :Dd

rifle or handgun? i think rifles fully flower :D

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199571
[/FONT]

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
metsäkana,

To produce Auto flowering from auto+photo=F1 photo.
F1xF1=F2 semi-auto SEEDS... 25% of the seed population will flower automatically while the remaining 75% will show various photo period tendency to the point of beginning flowering under 20+ hours of light but still veg fine under continuous light.

If you choose only Autoflower parents & produce F3s, they should be 100% autoflowering.

M

metsäkana

yeah thats what i was remembering but im kind of tired to battle now :D thaanks for clearing it

nobody was batteling here, only you... its a free share of what we think and we try to understand each other. the reason in understanding each other is not in being right or wrong but to talk about the same phenomena and understanding the same.

I will call them strains that flower under 16h or more of light, from now on :D

@metsäkana
: no idea why you are so upset.. you didnt even get what i was trying to say and twisting it around to make it sond rediculous!?
YES you are TOO STONED, youre right. come down and try again...

photo x auto = not 25%auto,75 regular! all will have a shortened flowering time/more light sensitive!
if you take the outcome and cross them THEN you have some%auto and some photo. thats what i learned at ICMAg....

M

metsäkana

i think crossing auto with reg photo or
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]''Super Short Photoperiod Cannabis'' will not make it faster or shorter light cycle

maybe to semi-auto point some autoflower and after that fully

english is not my main language also sometimes its confusing
[/FONT]

Douglas.Curtis

SPP Definition: Any cannabis strain which flowers with only 4hrs of dark, while still maintaining the ability to veg under 2hrs of dark or less.

Crossing a regular photoperiod strain with an SPP strain will lower the amount of dark period required for the standard strain. I really have no practical information on what this will do for flowering times of the standard strain.

SSP Cannabis

Super Short Photoperiod Cannabis

SSP or 2SP in conversations...

Discussions on the topic became confusing, so we just came up with SSP. It makes things easier all around. ;)
Super Short Photoperiod implies that they need a shorter day than usual to flower, which is the opposite of what they really are, so not a good name in my opinion.

I think the best name is semi auto photoperiod. The reality is they would behave as an auto at most if not all latitudes where cannabis is successfully grown outdoors.

Cheers :)

Douglas.Curtis

It's not an auto. I appreciate you pointing out my faux paux. Thank you. :)

SSD Cannabis? Super Short Dark? Maybe just Short Dark, SD? Probably get confused with Sour Diesel... Minimal Dark? MD? Like doctors? LP Long Photoperiod? Though I don't think this applies, as I don't believe the plant cares how long the day is.

Short Night? SN?

See my dilemma? :)

I definitely see your dilemma and to be honest, the terms short day and long day plants are confusing and most people wouldn't know the difference between them.

Hence I think the name semi auto photoperiod is the best fit of all the alternatives, as it's a photoperiod strain that "appears" to behave like an auto at normal summer daylight hours.

Edit:

pseudo-auto photoperiod? (pseudo means "not genuine")

pseudo-auto short day ?

Arctic short day ?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
M

metsäkana

to it dont appear to be auto it appear to be photosensitive or autoflower :D maybe if you are so south that everything flowers
its semi auto if it have both kind of seeds that produce both kind of plants autoflowering and photosensitive

also semi auto can produce normal photoperioid plants and autoflowering plants

burningfire

Veteran
Early Flowering, I have not heard that term used for Short Flowering plants, Early Flowering like Early Sativa is for plants that get triggered with less than ~8 hours of darkness ( instead of the typical ~10 for 'most' indicas and ~12 for equatorial sativas )

M

metsäkana

yeah but there is strain like EARLY SKUNK EARLY GIRL EARLY EARLY EARLY

and non of those will be early lmao

so early is already used for normal regular photoperioids strains that just are quick to flower to end lol

early by sensiseeds means short flowering perioid

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts