What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday!
I was feeling a little under the weather the last couple days so I decided to stay home yesterday and rest a bit and get caught up on some stuff around the house. I'm feeling just about 100% today and ready to get this week over with and get on with the weekend. I've got a brisket in the fridge and I'm planning on smoking the point on Sunday for the Packer game. I'm going to pickle the flat and either make corned beef or pastrami out of that next weekend. If you haven't had home corned beef or pastrami your missing out!

@pop_rocks. The trails go all around the ski hill through the trees and in the wooded sections between the ski runs and across the runs. Its tough to see the trails in the pics I took but it gives you a little idea of how steep it is and how much vert there is. Here is a trail map and this shows a good view but it looks flat, when you look at my pics and the map together it gives you and idea of just how much of a 8.1 mile ass kicker it is!

Let us know how the cherry rider tastes, she sounds delicious! I've been smoking a lot of the same strains for a while now and I'm craving some more variety. My gorilla bubble is finished with the stretch and should be ready in maybe 6 weeks so that will give me a different flavor and I can't wait!
I hope your finishing your week off on a high note and looking forward to some of the good old pig skin this weekend!

@smokingpeat. Good work on starting a grow diary! It helped me a lot and it should help you as well. Plus you never know who.will stop by and say hello. I will find it and get subbed in after this post.
Alpine is a great place to catch a show just keep an eye out for cops and security as this is still an illegal state. The one complaint about the venue over the years is the security but when I saw Phish there last year the security was way more relaxed than I can ever remember.
Learning to grow is all about making mistakes and learning from them. I feel that you can learn some things from others grows but because everyone has a little different environment you have to make some mistakes to see what not to do. Not making the same mistakes over and over is what makes a successful grower. A little luck doesn't hurt either!
I hope your finishing the week strong a d the weekend is good to you!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that place looks awesome fiddy! with all those twists and turns you could easliy ride twoce that amount of miles
hard climbs usually lead to the fun downhills
the cherry rider is interesting so far and we did catch a hint of cherry the other night
we are also liking the other plant, a strong indica; but it can be too much
it was a great weekend of football (unless you are a rams fan), and we get a bonus game this afternoon!
i cant wait for teh action to begin
we might make tacos, but the mrs was talking about getting some take out
/we have been eating a lot of gyros lately
hope you had a great weekend too budy and are getting all preped for halloween!
it was a little foggy last night and i cant wait to go walking tonight!

Fiddynut

that place looks awesome fiddy! with all those twists and turns you could easliy ride twoce that amount of miles
hard climbs usually lead to the fun downhills
the cherry rider is interesting so far and we did catch a hint of cherry the other night
we are also liking the other plant, a strong indica; but it can be too much
it was a great weekend of football (unless you are a rams fan), and we get a bonus game this afternoon!
i cant wait for teh action to begin
we might make tacos, but the mrs was talking about getting some take out
/we have been eating a lot of gyros lately
hope you had a great weekend too budy and are getting all preped for halloween!
it was a little foggy last night and i cant wait to go walking tonight!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I call Alpine a rollercoaster for mountain bikes. So many twists and turns and your always climbing or descending. Too bad its been rainy here and I've been a bit under the weather I haven't been able to ride in over a week. With a bunch more rain in the forecast this week it might be a while before I get to ride again, possibly spring but I don't want to think about that.
I'm glad you are digging both plants! A hint of cherry sounds like a unique flavor. Was it that other plant (the indica one) was the one you said was heavily frosted? They both sound like winners!
Haha not the best week for the Packers either! I don't think the early bye week was good for the packers or Rogers. Kind of a momentum killer! Its going to be a strange year for football like its been for other sports and we are kind of lucky to have them to entertain us!
Aw, man gyros sound great! I haven't had one of those in a long time. Now you've got me hungry buddy.
I hope you had a great weekend too and have a great walk tonight!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its starting to get nice and chilly at night and im loving it
its perfect shorts and long sleeve weather and soon i might start wearing a hat
/besides a ball cap
the indica is the one that has very heavy frost, when you pluck off a hit the weed is all sticky and gummy with a strong jet fuel smell
i dont catch the cherry flavor much but the mrs said it was there
love the description of that park, brother! love those roller coaster rides
we have a trail like that close by called cobbles that is part of a larger network of trails
sometimes we will peddle out just to ride the cobbles part and there is a pond we like to stop off at and burn a joint
the sun is starting to set earlier and i cant wait to get back into the night riding
yeah this was a crazy week of football
the bills got hammered by kc, rams couldent do a thing against the 9ers, and gb loses to the tompa bay buccaneers
its beena fun season of football and its just getting better
plus got to watch some of the baseball the other night and that is looking like fun too
hope you have a great week brother and are enjoying the fall

Fiddynut

Greetings pop_rocks.
I'm glad you are enjoying the cooler weather. Its been really chilly here last few days. We've had a couple nights of frost/freeze conditions and its been lower to mid 30's for low temps. The high temp yesterday was 42 degrees and its struggling to get to mid 40's today. We had some nice fall weather but I'm afraid were looking at early winter conditions unless we get a warm up. But like always with the weather you just have to make the best of what you get.
That cobbles trail sounds great. Anywhere with a nice place to stop and share a joint is a great spot to ride. I already miss biking but with more rain the next coup!e days I'm going to have to wait a while longer.
Your description of the frosty indica buds "sticky and gummy" is a lot like I'd describe the gorilla bubble I've got. Its just so resionus even the lower buds are gummy.
The packers looked like shit on Sunday and now people are wondering if something is wrong with Rogers, he just doesn't throw pick 6's. Maybe they will get it back together this weekend. The world series starts tonight but I'm not sure how much interest there is. I saw there were tickets available. I have a feeling that statistics and standings from this year aren't going to count for much because of the weird schedule and the way expanded playoff system they used.
I hope your having a good week brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i was able to watch some of the baseball last night after we got back from our walk
the game was a lot of fun even if it was mostly one sided
this kid betts looks like a great player and the dodgers are loaded with tallent
at one point they were teeing off on the rays pitching and every ball seemed to want to leave the park
so why are they playing in texas? they did have fans in attendances so maybe its a covid thing
that gorilla bubble sounds awesome man and i think you mentioned it before
what do you do like to do with your lower buds?
i noticed how the weather was really bad during a lot of the football games and was reminded that most of the country dosent have the san diego fall weather
but its all relative and im enjoying how nice this fall is
i got cold last night and was glad i had on the long sleeves but its still not cold enough to throw an extra blanket on the bed
have a great day my man

Fiddynut

Greetings pop_rocks.
For sure the Dodgers are loaded. They are like the Yankees of the mid 2000's, out spending all the other teams and buying all the best talent available. It looks like it might work this year. I still have a grudge against them from the 18 nlcs against the brewers and I hope they loose. I think they played all the playoff games in CA and TX due to the virus. They didn't want to take chances with teams traveling around and having to postpone due to outbreaks.
Gorilla bubble is my favorite! I trim and smoke all the buds top to bottom. Even the bottom ones are super frosty and full of potency and flavor!
You are really fortunate to live in a place with such a nice climate. But like you mentioned, its all relative and there are good and bad things about all parts of the country.
Stay warm and have a great day buddy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy! hope your week is winding down nicely and you are all set for a fun weekend
i hear you about the lower buds being frosty but
i
am
very
lazy
/drawn out for extra lazy effects
i ususally just trim up the tops and then throw the rest into the butter bin
speaking of butter, im looking for some high proof alcohol to make a tincture with
i dont think they sell ever clear here in california but we can probably get 151
how is the halloween decorating going? are you guys all set up for the holiday?
the mrs found this place close by that is supposed to be like the christmas place we go to, where the whole neighborhood is decked out and we might go there this weekend
/they say it might rain but that would make it even more fun for a night walk
the rays pitching showed up last night and the series is all tied up now at 1-1
the dogers bats were still knocking them out of the park, but they just werent making contact
this is a fun series so far and im enjoying the baseball action
plus we get some good football games this weekend so the fun just dosent stop
this has to be one of my favorite times of the year
so we had some greek yogurt that i made into that greek dip, added seasonings and garlic (lots of garlic)
but it was sitting in the fridge so i decided to use it to marinate some pork loin
so far it smells amazing
i am planning on grilling most or it and having it with yellow rice and then i might cut the other pieces up and fry them up for carnitas
/not fatty enough but will still cook up good
do you have anything planned for the weekend? do you plan on making any fun foods for the holiday?
ive been in the dumps lately and need to get my shit back on track
nothing lifts the spirits like a good meal and i hope you enjoy every bite my friend!

Fiddynut

Greetings pop_rocks.
I hear you buddy and I'm as lazy as they come. But the GB is so frosty and resionus even the bottoms are good. The CL is a whole different beast and if I don't lollipop her more than 1\3 of the way up I end up with a whole lot of larf for the hash bin.
I just made hash with everclear a few weeks ago. 151 is ok but its 1\4 water and I'd try to find a higher proof if I we're you. When I was reading up on using everclear I red somewhere that high proof (190+) was available in all 50 states. They had listed a few names, everclear being one and I think grape alcohol being another. Ill poke around and see what I can find.
We've had a few really windy days in the last week and my wife had to bring in some of the decorations because they were blowing around and we thought they would blow away. She will enjoy setting the foam tombstones back up and all the "tree creatures" than hang from the trees back up this weekend.
I think its really cool when a whole neighborhood pulls together and decorates like that. You have to love it when your neighbors are all fun loving and good natured because some people are weird about Halloween and think its evil.
Your Greek yogurt marinade sounds great! The acids and enzymes should do a great job making that meet tender! Grilled with some rice sounds like a perfect way to serve that! Let us know how it turns out.
I made that brisket last week but forgot to take pics to share here.
We've had a lot of cold and grey weather here lately and its got me down a little bit as well. Your right a really good meal can lift the spirits in the snap of a finger! I hope you are finishing the week strong brother!

Here is a pic of the birds I did on the rotisserie a couple weeks ago and the hunk of brisket I'm making into home corned beef!

Last edited:

smokingpeat

Those birds are looking awesome, fiddy. I’m a chiefs fan so the past few years have been super fun to watch. We’ve even got Mahomes themed cereal over here in mo lol. About to celebrate Oktoberfest today. Smoking some sausages and making sweet red cabbage and spaetzel. Hope I buy enough beer... got a local brewery here called Logboat that makes a great Oktoberfest.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy! that brisket looks nice and i bet it makes a great corned beef
the pork turned out great and has a very good flavor; a savory and sour pork taste witha little smoke on it
we are having it with gnocci tonight
we are also thinking about making some butter today and maybe candies later
/was talking to some guys on the nfl thread and now im craving peanut brittle
im glad your neighborhood still has the halloween spirit
a few more houses have decorated but it isnt like it was in years last
i asked a friend about it and he said the decorations are there to invite the trick or treaters; they are not giving out candy this year
i felt the decorations were in celebration of the holidays but i could see where he was coming from too
i was on the national weather that you guys are in for some cold temps
hope you stay cozy and high brother and enjoy the change in the seasons
im already wearing long sleeves and breaking out the hoodies, next step are the track suits and head wear and im all set for the cold
have a great weekend my friend!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's finally feeling like fall here. I love this time of year.

@ Fiddynuts those birds look mighty tasty. I got some Cornish hens I am going to smoke soon. I smoked a 16 pound turkey it came out fantastic. I think I am ready to make the first attempt at a brisket.

That gorilla bubble sounds awesome. I find with led I get better bud production on the lower branches. I had the biggest tops ever with the last round. I had one plant with buds as big around as a tall can and almost as long. I am extremely happy with the last couple harvest, it's nice to get back at it after a year of grow issues.

@ pop rocks how goes the grow?

Did you get back at it yet?

I am on the search for a sativa now. I am thinking that banghi haze, pretty sure Rhodehazard is growing it. Hopefully he will chime in with some info.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine went quickly but I got some things he done around the house and even got the boat put away indoors for the winter. I had to replace some parts on the trailer and it took forever to get parts this fall so I've been wanting to get that done and over.

@smokingpeat. Thanks for the kind words. I do a lot of cooking because it relaxes me and I love to eat! I love some good bbq and I'm guessing that your pretty familiar with bbq since I hear y'all take it pretty seriously in KC. But I cool all kinds of other style too. We have a huge German population here in SE Wisconsin and I love making my own bratwurst and other sausages as well spaetzel. Milwaukee is known as brew city partially due to all the Germans settling here and making beer over the last couple hundred years. I hope you enjoyed your Oktoberfest celebration!

@pop_rocks. I'm glad your pork turned out well! I can almost taste that flavor profile just thinking about it. My wife loves gnocchi, ever since she took a trip to Italy a few years ago she can't get enough of it! The corned beef turned out pretty good but I think not enough pickling spices and a little too much nutmeg made it taste a little like Christmas cookies or something. I think if I'd smoked it and coated it with black pepper and coriander it would have been better as pastrami.
Did you make any candy last weekend? Peanut brittle sounds great!
Its been cold and we even got over a tenth inch of snow the other morning. It was just enough to cover the grass and make everyone's yard and roof white. Its way too early for this but I guess we got no choice. It melted right away and I was able to get a nice game of disc golf in that afternoon.
Did you get enough football in last weekend? The Rams looked good last night! The packers looked good again and my bro and I won over 300 bucks at the bar we watched the game at.

@Packerfan. Thanks man! I love chicken and its not too much work to brine and tie up a couple on the spit. Cornish hens sound great and I bet they would take some smoke really well. I think your ready for a brisket too. The one I did last Sunday went really well. I kept it on for a few hours at about 275 and it had stalled out at around 160 internal temp for quite a while so I wrapped it with foil and went a couple more hours until it got to about 200 internal and it was perfect.
I'm glad to hear your last couple runs have gone well. You were getting some seriously bad luck there for a while and I'm glad that's over with!
Your right that sounds like one of Roadhazrd's strains. We haven't heard much from him in a little while.
@Rodehazrd I hope your healthy and doing well brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow, how did you win the money? was it a football pool or something
rams looked good and they needed the comeback after taking an ass whooping from the 9ers
this week we get to see a young qb in miami
we made caramels instead of peanut brittle but we still have some butter so maybe we will make some soon
we are having a couple people over this weekend for halloween
the scene sounds nice but im sure it was a lot colder than you were expecting
it was super cold here the past few days too, i even had to put the extra blanket on the bed!
we are having northerly santa anas that bring in cool air and clear the skies so the temps plummet overnight

happening p'fan
rhode does grow a banghi haze, hopefully he will stop by and share some of his insight
/i think hes grown it a few times
how are the kids doing this year with out halloween? are they still interested in costumes?
what do you guys have planned for the weekend
dont forget we also turn back the clocks on saturday night so its an extra hour
hope you and the fam are all doing well brother!

Fiddynut

rams looked good and they needed the comeback after taking an ass whooping from the 9ers
we made caramels instead of peanut brittle but we still have some butter so maybe we will make some soon
it was super cold here the past few days too, i even had to put the extra blanket on the bed!
we are having northerly santa anas that bring in cool air and clear the skies so the temps plummet overnight

happening p'fan
rhode does grow a banghi haze, hopefully he will stop by and share some of his insight
how are the kids doing this year with out halloween? are they still interested in costumes?

I was happy to win some cash for sure and my bro too. This bar we went to had a pool where 10 people would each throw in 5 bucks and the winner would get 50 of these pull tab things, kind of like lotto tickets. I don't usually gamble so normally I wouldn't be in on something like this. But the lady next to us won the tickets 3 times in a row and just started giving everyone at the bar a couple tickets to be cool about it. Each of my tickets were 5 buck winners so I used them to get in on the next two pools. On the second of the two I hit a $100 and a $50 plus a couple more $5 ones. And on the next pool my bro hit pretty much the same thing as I had. We each bought a round for the whole bar so it worked out good for everybody there. We ate and drank for the whole game plus bought rounds and went home with $40 or $50 extra bucks in our pockets so it was a great day.
Green bay was in the same boat as the Rams after getting badly beat by Tampa bay. It seems like Rogers just can't beat Brady. But it wasn't just Rogers in the Tampa bay game as the receivers were dropping balls and tipping them for interceptions. We finally get back to our division on Sunday against the viqueans. It feels like we haven't played a divisional game since the first couple weeks of the season.
I hear you on needing an extra blanket brother! Stay warm and healthy!

packerfan79

Veteran

happening p'fan

What's up Pop Rocks,

We are doing some stuff here for Halloween, with the kids and my nephews . Going to have a sleepover too, scary movies, candy, popcorn ect.

I have 4 great heavy strains, I just want to and some daytime bud to the mix.

We are doing pretty good considering the crazy world we live in.

Hope you guys are doing well.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like a fun night pfan and im glad you get to celebrate halloween with the kids
this is second to christmas as the most "for the kids" hilliday i think
i know a lot of grown ups enjoy halloween too ( some of us just never grow up), but there is nothing that matches halloween as a young child where this was a night of magic and spooky fun times
that sounds like a great rotation and if i had saved the cuts of cherry rider i would have given them to you
its a nice high, but not as strong as i like
the girls love it but in the end i just dident want to hang on to her
hang in there my friend and we will all get through these crazy times together

that was so cool of that lady to share her good fortune and it was equally cool of you guys to put that money back into the bar
it sounds like a really cool place to hang out man and i can see why you like going there so much
some good games this weekend and i cant wait for the action to start
rams play early so i might go out and do something after the game
/im also goign to be keeping an eye on pitt v b'more in the early
you take care of yourself too and be sure to give eggo a big pat and scratch from me brother!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Thursday!
I hope all is well with y'all! I'm happy that this week is moving along and looking forward to the weekend.

@Packerfan. That sounds like a fun Halloween for the kiddos. Great job making sure they have some fun and excitement for the Holliday. I think a lot of people are getting so tired of not being able to do the normal things that they are just kind of giving up and not trying to find other activities that they can do safely. Keep up the good work buddy!

@pop_rocks. For sure I enjoyed that bar and all the people there were cool so we will be going again soon. I haven't been there for a couple years and its changed hands since then. The food is great there as well. They have great pizza, wings and the burger I had was excellent!
I wish the packers didn't play the early game this week again. I just can't ever get motivated to do anything on a Sunday if I start eating, drinking and sitting in front of the TV starting at noon. Maybe I can get some things done before the game on Sunday. I've got a lot of leaves that are just about to come down from the trees to rake up. And my gutters are going to need cleaning too. First world problems I suppose.
Eggo has been a really good boy lately and will get extra pets and scratches!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you brother, the curse of the "wake and bake" where you start the day off in high party mode and it kind of slow you down for the rest of the afternoon
/or at least until you take a nap
is this that bar with the gun raffle and all the cool stuff outdoors? that place sounds like my kind of spot
i quit going out to bars as i got older because most of the places around here cater to the younger crowd but it would be nice to find a place where adults can hang
you got the right idea about getting anything important done early so you can enjoy the rest of your day
plus nothing clears the head like a nice bike ride or walk and now the day temps are perfect for all day activity
so we are amoking the kush that i grew out and the stuff is straight fuel
the mrs smoked a whole joint of it by herself the other night and said she was higher than she has been in a long time
we also made some more candy, but we went with a lower final temp so they would come out softer
cant wait for the fun to begin and i hope you have a great halloween weekend!
are you guys all set up with the decorations? what are your plans for saturday night
have a great day my friend and happy halloween

Fiddynut

i hear you brother, the curse of the "wake and bake" where you start the day off in high party mode and it kind of slow you down for the rest of the afternoon
/or at least until you take a nap
is this that bar with the gun raffle and all the cool stuff outdoors? that place sounds like my kind of spot
i quit going out to bars as i got older because most of the places around here cater to the younger crowd but it would be nice to find a place where adults can hang
you got the right idea about getting anything important done early so you can enjoy the rest of your day
plus nothing clears the head like a nice bike ride or walk and now the day temps are perfect for all day activity
so we are amoking the kush that i grew out and the stuff is straight fuel
the mrs smoked a whole joint of it by herself the other night and said she was higher than she has been in a long time
we also made some more candy, but we went with a lower final temp so they would come out softer
cant wait for the fun to begin and i hope you have a great halloween weekend!
are you guys all set up with the decorations? what are your plans for saturday night
have a great day my friend and happy halloween

For sure that wake and bake syndrome gets me every time I get an early start eating and drinking alcohol on a Sunday. I'm going to have to power through and do my best LOL.
The bar we were at last Sunday was a local spot, not the bunker bar that has the gun raffle and the plane, tank and chopper. The bunker is a cool spot for outdoor during the summer when they have live music but its tiny inside and I don't even know if they have a TV to watch the game on. I'm already looking forward to the first concert of the spring there whenever that will be.
I don't go out to bars much either. Usually only for live music and the occasional game when I don't want to cook and watch from home. It seems like the bars that cater to the youngsters here are all near the college campuses or other hot spots like on Water street in Milwaukee. Most of the corner bars here have a mix of young to old.
Your kush sounds bomb! I can see where your Mrs would be super high, I haven't smoked a whole joint of anything by myself in a long time. I usually just take a few puffs here and there and I'm feeling great!
I think my wife is going to stay home on Saturday night in case there are any trick or treaters. I am going out to see my favorite local Grateful Dead tribute band. Its been since labor day weekend since I saw any live music so I'm feeling overdue. I'm going to dance the night away and hang out with the hippies that always show up for the music wherever the band plays.
I hope your week is finishing strong and you have a great weekend brother!