What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandaddy Purple

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Brainstorming About Drip Feed

Brainstorming About Drip Feed

Thanks, Megayield. I'm going to start shaving their legs after I finish rambling in this post.

Welcome, bobblehead.

Still have not decided what I'll use for drippers. Considering C.A.P. in line drippers so I can make a circle around the pot(s). I will NOT use raindrip drippers. Absolutely nothing will change my mind on that. I saw the blumat drippers in a thread, here at ICMAG, by lazyman. He swears by those for his soil grow (which is AMAZING--what a setup).

Each plant must have an isolation valve. Learned that in my DWC days (for a different reason). If one plant is not chugging away as much as others, or if a crop is staggered on the same pump(s), I want to isolate each respective plant with isolation valves. This way I won't over water some pots in an effort to feed the ones chuggin' the most; and vice versa (under-watering some, to prevent overwatering others).

A slow pump might work better for what I have in mind (no runoff). Smaller pumps less heat/energy consumption.

I may get a fast pump and put a dimmer on it, then ramp it up as necessary.

Using two different pumps is another option I'm looking at (my 'dream' controller controls two pumps).

I'm brainstorming. Gonna go smoke 2 more bowls and see if anything else comes up. Been reading the science regarding how ozone kills mildews/mold/viruses/pathogens. Wanted to read about the effects on the environment, but can't get the drip feed off my mind--I think about it BEFORE.....and AFTER..... each back-breaking, hand watering session.

Edit: This one I found for $.45 is what I had in mind. One could adjust the flow of each line, or a row. If a pump is too fast just adjust the shutoff valve to restrict the flow. I plan on growing very large plants next run, so I won't be needing too many.

picture.php

peace​

Last edited:
D

DHF

The 1 single factor that has ta be taken into consideration runnin different varieties off the same feed with an automated setup that dumps juice at pre-determined times , is that all plants need and feed at different intervals and that`s where Blumats rise to the top of my list for Zero maintenance feed requirements...

Blumat`s only dispense juice as the plants eat , dry out , and keep eatin..... nothing more , nothing less......total individual plant strain dialage as long as it`s a lower ppm base nute solution to prevent salt buildup........but....

Shit`s gravity fed so rez tanks haveta be elevated on platforms , and yas need top off rez`s for the feed tanks once setup`s dialed and drinkin with increased plant numbers....

I ran pumps on timers with 1/4" open end driptubing and control valves on each level of plants for equal flow and distribution to each plantsite , but with small setups for any size plants , blumat "maxi`s" for the bigger plants , and the deck and patio kit for a setup like you`re showin.....

Good luck Bro...DHF...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VT go kill it brother, I like where your headed with the watering issue, I would LOVE to use Blumats I just cannot come up with an idea to elevate a reservoir big enough for my situation and my Gro-bro just prefers to hand water so (shrug) it works for us.

-VT-

like where your head is at with the auto watering and Co2.I'm very much interested in giving coco a go, been in soil using K.I.S.S. method for a while,great for learning but I want to try other methods.

Looks great :ying: