What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The TRUMP Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Trump now has a Tennessee weed bill with his name on it!

Two Tennessee Republicans are trying to ensure their constituents will think of TRUMP when they smoke their medical marijuana, if all goes according to plan.

The Tennessee Responsible Use of Medicinal Plants Act, or the TRUMP Act, was pushed by Republican State Representative Bryan Terry and State Senator Steve Dickerson, the Times Free Press in Tennessee reports. Though duo lost a bid to pass a medical marijuana bill during this year’s General Assembly, they’re hoping the newly-retooled TRUMP Act will expand medical research and effectively legalize cannabis extracts under medical supervision.

“If you believe in freedom, advancing medicine, and providing opportunities for our industries, then you should support Tennesseans having the right to research and the right to try agricultural medicines,” Terry said in a news release obtained by the Times Free Press in Tennessee.

That’s because Terry and Dickerson believe Trump is an advocate for medical marijuana rights. And he has spoken favorably of weed before: Earlier this month, he even said he would back a federal effort to give states the right to legalize marijuana, echoing comments he made during the presidential campaign.

And in 1990, he even said he wanted to legalize marijuana as a way to put an end to the war on drugs.

“I think it certainly has to be a state — I have not smoked it — it’s got to be a state decision,” Trump said. “I do like it, you know, from a medical standpoint…it does do pretty good things. But from the other standpoint, I think that it should be up to the states.”

But just because Trump has made vague comments supporting states rights to legalize marijuana, doesn’t mean his policies reflect them. Trump’s Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, opposes legalizing marijuana in all forms and has taken steps to make it more difficult to legally obtain the drug.

In January, Sessions rescinded an Obama-era guidance that allowed states to legalize marijuana without much federal interference and would allow federal prosecutors to crack down on marijuana businesses in states where pot is legal.

“It is the mission of the Department of Justice to enforce the laws of the United States, and the previous issuance of guidance undermines the rule of law and the ability of our local, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement partners to carry out this mission,” Sessions said in the new guidance in January. “Therefore, today's memo on federal marijuana enforcement simply directs all U.S. Attorneys to use previously established prosecutorial principles that provide them all the necessary tools to disrupt criminal organizations, tackle the growing drug crisis, and thwart violent crime across our country.”

*From the link minds I left above: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/pavnjk/trump-now-has-a-tennessee-weed-bill-with-his-name-on-it

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i would really like to see Tennessee return to medical cannabis. we have only CBD at the moment. we HAD medical weed years ago, but when the feds quit supplying the weed, the (then Democratic dominated) legislature let the law lapse. :moon: there have been a number of bills aimed at restoring this right, but they keep getting bottled up in committees dominated by assbite chairmen that give not one fuck about how the citizenry feels about anything.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I would be happy if they just drop the felony wraps.

I can pay misdemeanor charges, I can't do hard time.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Lets hope he gets the Federal law on cannabis changed for the better, that'll impress me.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
there have been a number of bills aimed at restoring this right, but they keep getting bottled up in committees dominated by assbite chairmen that give not one fuck about how the citizenry feels about anything.

That was my warning against passing any subpar legislation that was surrounded by voters claiming the sloppy language would be cleared up at a later date.

When will people realize that our leaders DON'T REPRESENT THEM?

Easy7

Veteran
I'm not very trusting of the free press because they, like rulers, see no error and give no justification. They are organized mob mentality. However profession, they are mob mentality with little forsite.

Easy7

Veteran
If america pulled back it's norad out of canada they might think twice when russians are landing paratroopers. Huge ass diamond mine in Canada. Billions of dollars just there alone.

Which is why america won't do that. It'd only have greenland and alaska for, a minute or a real good fight.

Easy7

Veteran
Russia has strict drug policies. They only medicated 15% of DYING patients with opiates. Their mafia may be different as well. I wouldn't go there though!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Russia is fucking awesome. Especially when you have mob protection. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paG1-lPtIXA

I'm going to be really upset if this passes before my state passes a cannabis law. I had the opportunity to move there last year and chose not to because I thought there was no way they'd pass a law first.

Last edited:

Easy7

Veteran
What happens without mob protection? Obviously torture then death. Here you just get a case.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What happens without mob protection? Obviously torture then death. Here you just get a case.

Obviously you didn't watch the video. It's a stand up comedian talking about the time he went to Russia and "hung out with the mob".

Status
Not open for further replies.