What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yemen Houthis

Badfishy1

Almost all American Christians have swallowed the con about Israel.

For example one of the old guys at the gym. Retired contractor so I can show him a drawing of something and he understands drawing-speak. That part is good.

Would be better friends if he wasn't die-hard "don't question authority" itis.

I'm surprised at how people respond to things. Local cops Tase & pepper spray a depressed woman in a car downtown. I had a big problem with it but was not set up to approach the SWAT Team they called out, with a camera.

It was amazingly brutal but when I talk to people about it, they are like, "must support the authorities".

There is a not-thinking-ness that goes along with the support for Over-aggressive cops, and for Israel.

It’s the MSM conditioning. Same way ‘reefer madness’ ideology came about.

vta

Veteran
Still wondering...why haven't we nuked the whole shithole ?? Don't tell me the next Bill Gates is there nourishing on a deflated tit.

Klompen

Still wondering...why haven't we nuked the whole shithole ?? Don't tell me the next Bill Gates is there nourishing on a deflated tit.

Why not just nuke everyone while we're at it? What's the point in valuing human life right? I mean, if they're not going to steal other people's work and make billions of dollars with limited skills like Gates did then what's the point in keeping them alive right?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It does make one wonder if all this aid and altruism to help slow/emerging economies is actually counter productive since it produces a larger population without the local infrastructure to actually support them - so the smartest and the wealthiest migrate first - leaving a brain and investment drain within that nation - with the rest desperately trying to follow while fighting to survive.

Why not just nuke everyone while we're at it? What's the point in valuing human life right? I mean, if they're not going to steal other people's work and make billions of dollars with limited skills like Gates did then what's the point in keeping them alive right?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Houthis can hang all day with minimal tech/support against their Zio-Arab neighbor who has the most advanced war tech/support in the world lol

Cant lead a horse to water eyyy? Reminds me of Vietnam.... weak ass Zionist are Resource Junkies and will always try to pick on what they perceive as weak... yet they fail all the time...

Im down to Nuke the entire Area of Dimona...set the stage for the Magical Super Model to return to Earth lol

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
no it's not needed to nuke anyone, minding ones own business would do the trick, then at least the conflicts will be their own business and the strongest with the most indigenous support will win and it will be over. it's only when the west tries to prop up unpopular governments that we get these never ending wars, if the 2 parties were left to them selves with no outside meddling the wars would be done and dusted in a couple of campaign seasons. but when you supply weapons and money to 1 side and others supply the other side, the whole thing goes on for ever. so yeah, no nuclear weapons needed, just a change in war profiteering policies.

Klompen

It does make one wonder if all this aid and altruism to help slow/emerging economies is actually counter productive since it produces a larger population without the local infrastructure to actually support them - so the smartest and the wealthiest migrate first - leaving a brain and investment drain within that nation - with the rest desperately trying to follow while fighting to survive.

The problem ultimately is that we rarely see any aid and altruism toward this region. In fact, I would say the only clear example of such is Israel; a nation which is thriving as a result of such aid. Most importantly, outside aid to Israel doesn't come with outside control and micromanagement. This is an important factor which could be learned from if it weren't for Israel and its allies standing in the way of it in order to "keep the pot boiling"(as they say in the intelligence business). The enemies of Israel can never truly threaten it if they are living in constant chaos.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - if you look at the surrounding nations of Israel and even those further afield that have been destabilized every now and then by US/Israeli backed intervention - keeping chaos reigning in any nation that might pose a threat or be rich in natural resources , or both, has been their recipe for their own peace, of sorts.

Israel has been expanding ever since it was founded - now it looks like they have their eyes set on the land in Syria up to the Euphrates as it was in the times of David - You can see this from both sides Jew and Arab - and any workable solution to this problem has not been forthcoming over decades of peace talks - Why? - because the Israelis don't want to contract - they want to expand - and expand into other peoples lands.

The problem ultimately is that we rarely see any aid and altruism toward this region. In fact, I would say the only clear example of such is Israel; a nation which is thriving as a result of such aid. Most importantly, outside aid to Israel doesn't come with outside control and micromanagement. This is an important factor which could be learned from if it weren't for Israel and its allies standing in the way of it in order to "keep the pot boiling"(as they say in the intelligence business). The enemies of Israel can never truly threaten it if they are living in constant chaos.

Klompen

Yeah that's why Israel has never officially accepted any defined borders. They have no plans of stopping conquest of the region. Unfortunately for them, S300 and Pantsir systems are making their hold on the Golan region even harder. Russia was pretty accommodating to Israel generally speaking, but Israel is so arrogant that they've really pushed their luck. Now with Iran under a mutual defense treaty with Russia and Syria as well, Israel could hypothetically face nuclear consequence if they truly tried to push the issue. I'm sure the Israelis are furious about the mess they've created for themselves in this regard.

St. Phatty

Yeah that's why Israel has never officially accepted any defined borders. They have no plans of stopping conquest of the region. Unfortunately for them, S300 and Pantsir systems are making their hold on the Golan region even harder. Russia was pretty accommodating to Israel generally speaking, but Israel is so arrogant that they've really pushed their luck.

I read that when Russia bombed American or was it American backed rebel bases in Ukraine a few years ago, one of the casualties was an Israeli munitions store, mini-military base.

Russia bombed it too.

I gather they don't like the US etc giving weapons to people, near Russian borders, who want to attack Russia.

I tried looking up where the S300 & Pantsir are designed, but it's not like American military contractors. They don't have 10K forms at Yahoo Finance, or fancy websites.

There is a company named "Russia Electronica", something like that. They described the normal collection of Radar, electronic warfare, various kinds of receivers, etc. on their website.

Looks to me like the US is bankrupting itself fighting Israel's wars.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yemen borders Saudi Arabia - there is still an ocean of oil under S.A. - The Saudi's can throw trillions of dollars at whatever 'problem' they perceive - and if it aids expansion and security - then they will buy and deploy whatever weapons systems they can to deter and destroy any perceived 'threat'.....

....oh, and the Saudi's employ and pay many western businesses and governments to keep their influence strong - even though they are considered to be one of the worst nations involved in human rights abuses and follow an extreme monotheistic totalitarian ideology that is in stark conflict with modern western values - the oil money oil's the works -

Klompen

I read that when Russia bombed American or was it American backed rebel bases in Ukraine a few years ago, one of the casualties was an Israeli munitions store, mini-military base.

Russia bombed it too.

I gather they don't like the US etc giving weapons to people, near Russian borders, who want to attack Russia.

Its even worse than it looks at first glance. The Israelis are arming neo-nazis who are part of the Azov brigade. They openly wear a Nazi symbol as their unit badge, and they carry Israeli weapons such as the Tavor. They also attack Jews and drive them out of their homes. Israel has had a long obsession with making the large parts of the world uninhabitable for Jews because it boosts the numbers of those who have to take refuge in Israel. If you go back and look at what Zionists did with the Haavara Agreement, they basically funded the Nazi war machine, and even the Holocaust for much the same reasons. Azov brigade is bad news and if I were Russia I would have a hard time not bombing them too. Russia has a pretty bitter collective memory when it comes to Nazis

I tried looking up where the S300 & Pantsir are designed, but it's not like American military contractors. They don't have 10K forms at Yahoo Finance, or fancy websites.

There is a company named "Russia Electronica", something like that. They described the normal collection of Radar, electronic warfare, various kinds of receivers, etc. on their website.

So the first thing to keep in mind is that names like "S300" and "S400" are really international designations and internally, the Russians do not call them that. Also, the systems we know of as "S300" include up to a couple hundred variants that have changed greatly over the last 40 or so years that platform has been developed. The "S300" of today is practically an entirely different platform than the "S300" of the 1980s. Their development has spanned practically every major part of the Russian military industrial complex.

St. Phatty

So the first thing to keep in mind is that names like "S300" and "S400" are really international designations and internally, the Russians do not call them that. Also, the systems we know of as "S300" include up to a couple hundred variants that have changed greatly over the last 40 or so years that platform has been developed. The "S300" of today is practically an entirely different platform than the "S300" of the 1980s. Their development has spanned practically every major part of the Russian military industrial complex.

Russia & China know a LOT more about the US military, than we know about them.

People make fun of Chinese made goods, but typically they fail because of material selection.

I'm sure the Chinese & Russian military products get the good alloys of metal, etc.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Russia & China know a LOT more about the US military, than we know about them.

People make fun of Chinese made goods, but typically they fail because of material selection.

I'm sure the Chinese & Russian military products get the good alloys of metal, etc.

G `day St P

I have been saying similar about Chinese musical instruments for years .

CNC machines are global . Its the input materials and quality control that makes the difference between good and great .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i think nato has a complete list of all Russians weapons systems, from the smallest to the biggest, they probably even know whats being worked on right now, Russians don't seem to hide the specs on their weapons, they want to show them off to try and put anyone off from attacking them. also remember they are trying to make money selling weapons to the export markets too, so they need to advertize, its not like the old days.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well well, Houthis seem to have figured out how to accurately drop bombs using drones, it was only a matter of time once the Syrian al qaida started using drones with military grade gps and classified bomb dropping software, it was only a matter of time till other groups got the skills and tech.

Houthis managed to attack a huge Saudi Base in the middle of a military parade, they killed some top ranking intelligence official and his assistants. they claim they are amassing these drones and will attack multiple targets at once in future attacks.

Top Yemen brass injured in rebel drone strike dies: medics

https://news.yahoo.com/top-yemen-brass-injured-rebel-drone-strike-dies-065709083.html

Dubai (AFP) - A high-ranking Yemeni intelligence official injured in a Huthi rebel drone attack on the country's largest air base died of his wounds on Sunday, medical sources said.

Intelligence Brigadier General Saleh Tamah was wounded on Thursday in a strike on a military parade in Al-Anad air base, in government-held Lahij province some 60 kilometres (40 miles) north of Yemen's second city Aden.

Medical sources told AFP that Tamah underwent several surgeries in a hospital in Aden but died Sunday morning.

At least seven loyalists -- including Tamah -- were killed and 11 injured in Thursday's incident, which threatens to hamper United Nations-led peace efforts.

Among those injured were Yemen's deputy chief of staff Saleh al-Zandani, senior army commander Fadel Hasan and Lahij governor Ahmad Abdullah al-Turki.

Turki and Zandani were transported to Saudi Arabia for treatment, a Yemeni official told AFP.

The UN voiced alarm on Friday following the attack and urged "all parties to the conflict to exercise restraint and refrain from further escalation".

At talks in Sweden last month, the UN brokered several agreements between the Iran-aligned Huthi rebels and the Saudi-backed government seen as the best chance of ending nearly four years of devastating conflict.

The warring sides agreed on truce deals for the key rebel-held aid port of Hodeida and battleground third city Taez.

The UN is working to schedule a new round of consultations, possibly in Kuwait, aimed at drafting a political framework.

The war between the Huthis and loyalist troops escalated in March 2015, when President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi fled into Saudi exile and a Saudi-led military coalition intervened.

Since then, the conflict has killed nearly 10,000 people and unleashed the world's worst humanitarian crisis, according to the UN.

UN aid officials say 80 percent of the population -- 24 million people -- are in need of aid and nearly 10 million are just one step away from famine.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yemen borders Saudi Arabia - there is still an ocean of oil under S.A. - The Saudi's can throw trillions of dollars at whatever 'problem' they perceive - and if it aids expansion and security - then they will buy and deploy whatever weapons systems they can to deter and destroy any perceived 'threat'.....

....oh, and the Saudi's employ and pay many western businesses and governments to keep their influence strong - even though they are considered to be one of the worst nations involved in human rights abuses and follow an extreme monotheistic totalitarian ideology that is in stark conflict with modern western values - the oil money oil's the works -

G `day Gypsy

Average Saudi is inept .
Never had to get a proper education or learn real trade skills .
Gov social welfare up to the eyeballs .

Look at how many foreigners work there ?

Their army is Mercenary and the Princes are all shit scared of miliitary coups so chain of command is all fcked up .

They can buy as many weapons as they like . Finding Saudi`s to operate them might not be as easy .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - someone was telling me that the Saudi ineptitude is partly due to 70 plus generations of inbreeding - consanguineous marriage to close relatives etc - which has dropped the national IQ to a point where they cannot be educated to be able to run a modern army without much assistance from the west - or Russia - or China or Israel etc...

G `day Gypsy

Average Saudi is inept .
Never had to get a proper education or learn real trade skills .
Gov social welfare up to the eyeballs .

Look at how many foreigners work there ?

Their army is Mercenary and the Princes are all shit scared of miliitary coups so chain of command is all fcked up .

They can buy as many weapons as they like . Finding Saudi`s to operate them might not be as easy .

Thanks for sharin

EB .