What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moldy scaley alien infection?

MMJcali

Hi all... just lost my three favorite mothers I selected each from 40+ seeds ($$$)... (Zamaldelica, Sugar Punch and Tahoe OG) to something I've never seen before. It's kind of like PM but instead of being on the leaves its on the main stalk, and is white and orange in color (see attached)...

Strains: Zamaldelica, Sugar Punch, Tahoe OG
Medium: Coco/perlite (50/50)
Nutes: Lucas/H3ad Formula
Symptoms: Leaves wilted and brown. Stems scaley-like mold. Roots ok.

I have a LOT of other mums in this room and now I'm freaking out that it's contagious... I've lost my favorites and now I don't want to lose my backups! (Kali China, Blubonic, Tangie, Sour D, Fire OG, GSC, etc etc)

Anybody know what this might be/how I can protect my others?

Thank you in advance...

MMJC

Attachments

• IMG_20171002_134909.jpg
    IMG_20171002_134909.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20171002_134949.jpg
    IMG_20171002_134949.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20171002_135436.jpg
    IMG_20171002_135436.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah, have you scoped the brown/orange looking spots? What is often mistaken for a mold or fungus can actually be hemp russet mites when they get so out of hand they are piled on top of each other. It's odd in that it's on the stalk though. HRM prefer to stay on top of the plant on the younger more tender areas of growth and not on the stalk like you have pictured. :2cents:

growingcrazy

Looks like a mold/fungus. Did the mold form before the stems died or after?

You need a systemic fungicide pronto... It spreads like wildfire...

My guess is you came in contact with something outside and brought it in. It could be on any number of things outside in any humid environment...

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts