What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plantingplants' Flower Farm 2017

plantingplants

Here we go again. I want to say thanks to everyone here (and gone). So many have been so helpful and I've met some great people. After a bunch of setbacks and obstacles (I'm realizing that these don't go away, you just get better at handling them), everything is chugging along.

Currently in the process of pruning and getting supports up for trellis. Also need to wrap these pots with straw. Haven't gotten around to foliar yet but have some micros and Pacific Gro planned.

Strains:
Ancient OG F2s (courtesy of Shcrews)
Ancient OG x Black Lime Reserve (same)
Ancient OG clone (Hazy's big girl. Unfortunately I didn't have my pots ready and it was in a 3 gallon a little too long, but she recovered and is doing great)
Blue Dream (DHN, thanks Hazy)
Blue Dream S1 (found a single seed two seasons ago on a Blue Dream I grew)
In The Pines (Aficianado. Clone from some dispensary at the emerald cup, sativa pheno)
Green Crack (HSO)
Lemon Thai Kush (HSO)

Everything is going well. Bugs everywhere. The plants had a light case of thrips when they went up, and now they're covered in ladybugs in all stages of life, soldier bugs, pirate bugs, praying mantis, lacewings, spiders, etc.

AOG F2s (on June 9th)

YE7PamY.jpg

Blue Dream S1 (on June 9th):

dFumoGC.jpg

Same Blue Dream S1 (today, June 22nd, with ground cherry growing next to pot and green crack in background):

Ls6aGL4.jpg

Lemon Thai Kush

sitxpDR.jpg

:peacock:

I'll update soon with more photos.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looking good man. I was just telling one of my buddies about you guys(anyone on this site that grows monsters) and your large containers . How when conditions are right, good soil and sunlight are plentiful, the plants can grow extreme amounts in just a few days. Your pics are exactly the proof I wanna show him.

Loving that huge fan leaf btw. I'm a sucker for them giant ass fan's. I like to see how big they can get, and for me it's a tell tale sign, the plant is a seed start and not a clone.

cbcool

Looking good PP, I'm subbed for the ride. Your plants are looking bro just dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!

I might do a late grow log too this year, I've never done one before but I went amended native soil this year so it might not be a bad idea to catalog it.

It doesnt look like your pinching tops, which i dont do either, what pruning techniques are you using then, tuck and train and remove inner sucker branches? ??

Keep up the good work, I know you've been working hard to balance soil to get good plant nutrition. Props bro!

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

Heybuddy. All looks good. Start hitting them with that supr green. How it's that bd s1 compared to the clone so far? I made some bd s1s bit haven't popped any yet. Im also going to cross my bros grim c99 to it.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Looks nice, sure wish i had space and didn't have to worry about neighbors lol. I have a 8 foot fence. Noticed some leafs touching your soil, you aren't worried about that at all?

plantingplants

Thanks everyone!

Heybuddy. All looks good. Start hitting them with that supr green. How it's that bd s1 compared to the clone so far? I made some bd s1s bit haven't popped any yet. Im also going to cross my bros grim c99 to it.

Thanks. The s1 is killing the clones, but the clones also didn't get a great start.

Looks nice, sure wish i had space and didn't have to worry about neighbors lol. I have a 8 foot fence. Noticed some leafs touching your soil, you aren't worried about that at all?

I cleaned up most of that but no I don't worry about it. Never had a problem with it.

Are u plugging those rows you had last year too plants? Good start mate.

Half of my pots are filled with the soil that made up those rows. I mixed it up with a bobcat.

It doesnt look like your pinching tops, which i dont do either, what pruning techniques are you using then, tuck and train and remove inner sucker branches? ??

Keep up the good work, I know you've been working hard to balance soil to get good plant nutrition. Props bro!

Thanks cb, yea not topping, just doing exactly what you described. Anything that isn't getting or won't be getting light soon, but leaving fan leaves. I do strip the bottom so the sprayers are able to reach where they need to. You should definitely start a thread!

plantingplants

Purple AOG F2 with a late planting next to it.

ZKA6oCu.jpg

DHN Blue Dream at planting on May 26th

UgB6jPW.jpg

Same BD five days ago

wyHcJhn.jpg

HSO Green Crack. Consistently some of the fastest and largest plants in my garden over the past three years.

OHiUJZ5.jpg

Trying this out.. instead of removing all the branches from the center, I'm pushing them to the outside. Inside will be empty.

fbX5S5Y.jpg

plantingplants

Yuba, i just use four piecesof pounded10 ft 1/2" conduit wrapped in hortinova trellis. Then Once they need another layer, i wrap again and attach at top. Cheapest easiest. I dont have crazy wind though.

Hobby, the plants are gonna shade their pots pretty well so no. I do plan on wrappingthe pots with straw or burlap to keep the edges coolerand more moist.

Growingcrazy, i'll take some photos! Its fun so far.. No idea what i am doing but its working. I should probably set up a canopy trellis somehow.

CrushnYuba

That's what I'm doing for trellis! I have never seen anyone else do that! I pounded 4 pieces of rebar down and i slid 1/2" emt over it! Because I'm too cheap to buy t posts.

I do 4 maybe 5 horizontal layers Then i wrap it once they grow through.
I also use 2 more pieces of emt for cross supports to hold it all together. I tek screw it. Do you know other people doing this?

Latest posts

Latest posts