What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alien Rift

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Does anybody have any experience with Alien Rift from Ocean Grown Seeds? I've seen a jar of it and it was ridiculous bag appeal and smell. I'm thinking of picking up a pack and want to hear more about it.

there's a couple guys on youtube who grow alien rift phenos in their gardens. you can just search alien rift. if you're into that kinda thing.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I was all ready to pull the trigger and lo and behold everybody is sold out, nevermind that they still had it up on their website. ;_; No drop in sight either. Regardless if anybody hears anything about a seed drop or where some are available please post in here. Also, if you or anybody you know has any experience with this strain please post about it and pictures too if you have them. :yes:

Croptober

Saw some of the flowers at the la cup that looked pretty good so I swooped a pack but haven't popped them yet.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Saw some of the flowers at the la cup that looked pretty good so I swooped a pack but haven't popped them yet.

Jellyyyy

Similar situation for me. I saw a jar of it at the Harvest Cup in Pueblo and decided I needed to give it a whirl. Don't let that pack get dusty good buddy :yes:

SourDank

Veteran
Ocean Grown looks like they got some good stuff goin on, if you find some bro make a thread, would be glad to tag along

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Member here liftedinny has some Rift's going. Maybe he'll see this and post some pics. I have a single seed of it(last seed of lifted's pack) . I'm popping it tonight.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Oh damn, I forgot I made this thread way back when. I ended up pouncing on a pack here a couple of months back when they had another drop. I haven't popped any though, they are just sitting amongst my other preciouses waiting to hit water one day. :yes: Keep us posted on how that one turns out for you Dubtrip

Mightyka

Veteran
Here is Alien Abduction (Alien Dawg (Ether) x Alien OG) which is part of Alien Rift (Alien Abduction™ x Alien Dawg (Ether) x Alien OG)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bigbadbiddy

Don't know if this adds to the discussion but:

VaderOG, the guy behind oceangrown seeds, used to be a user here on icmag. Not sure what his nick here was though but I remember finding his youtube stuff through some archives and his old profile here on ic.

It looks like he took to youtube, became successful and then went his own way, moving away from IC and by now there are several oceangrown "team members" with their channels across youtube and growing that oceangrown stuff. Became a real collective from what I can tell.

Anyway, I would venture that Vader would be rather open towards talking to guys from ICmag seeing as he started out here (among probably other places). So I would try to contact him directly and just ask him whatever you want to know.

If you can't PM him here or there, a final resort could be youtube comments as he sometimes answers those.

Anyway, oceangrown is sort of a "part professional" collective that grew out of a amateur/hobby collective so I we can't expect them to be run like Sensi or MRN seeds or whatever. Going by the youtube vids, they did change their operations massively though in order to be able to offer regular seed drops. I think a year or two ago, people would have to wait months for seed drops when the strain they wanted was sold out.
Looks like they are regularly producing now.

/Edit
His profile here on IC was/is "FaderVader", just looked it up. Hasn't been active since 11/2016 though

Last edited:

Badfishy1

Take a look at their dark helmet. A good m8 grew I think 5 of theirs and had imho 1 true BANGER and the other 2 females were good, but the first pheno was stellar. Will try and look through my old phone for pics

bigbadbiddy

By the way, Vader and crew are highly sympathetic to me (sure that's subjective) and seem to really know their shit.

I have watched most all videos on vader's channel and especially in his earlier stuff there is lots of good info, lots of QA etc.
The newer, more recent stuff is a lot of videos about going to conventions and the like. From the current content I would say the smoke buddies vids are the best (they smoke test different phenotypes from previews grows in order to determine keepers).
It's a lot of "yeah this is great stuff" but as everything else on their channel, to me, the best part is that growing knowledge you may have already read/heard of and even grasped to an extent, are shown to you in pictures/videos and you can actually see these practices implemented.

I didn't get a whole lot of ideas from their content but I did get a lot of affirmation/confirmation from building my grow space all the way to all gardening aspects.

It just helps to see things in a video instead of only reading about them and Vader's channel offers this in spades (for me).
Also very pleasant to listen (if you don't mind Vader's slight lisp) and really good camerawork etc.

Can highly recommend his channel.

Do not know about the genetics, only what I saw on the channel.

He does grow in Coco/Hydro though with Canna nutes (sponsored). Really wish I could find a similarly good channel with organic growing.
Sure there are many but none of them were as informational and easy to watch for me as Vader's stuff.
To me, one of the better grow channels on the tube.

Alien Rift curing, chopped and flowering outdoor.

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_193922.jpg
    IMG_20171006_193922.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20170930_183018.jpg
    IMG_20170930_183018.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20170907_173433.jpg
    IMG_20170907_173433.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 29

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I just received a cut of Alien Rift(#8 plant) and I have a single seedling going. Will post flower shots here when I have them. I'm really hoping the seedling is a male.