What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Liberty Haze hempy scrog

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Stref

I`d go with lower EC more often .
Seems you are getting evaporation more than uptake by the plant . Water is evaporating leaving behind the salts .

So more water - less nutes . And refresh the water more often to keep it from evaporating and concentrating . Also over flow the Hempy`s till you get 20 % run off . eg add 2 litre . run off 200 ml . This will flush out excess salts every watering .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Streft

Well its day 49 things seem to be going ok. Buds really arn't doing anything there swelling slightly and hairs are starting to turn. She is getting really frosty and starting to stink. Buds are nice and dense but not bulking up like I was hoping they were going too. Oh well it is what it is. I know this is awesome smoke just won't have as much as I would of liked.
Have an awesome day!
Day 42
picture.php

Day 49
picture.php

Last edited:

starke

I've run this strain several times now in Hempys and find her to be easy to grow and a producer of good smoke. The particular pheno I am running clones of finishes in 60-63 days. Your girls are looking fantastic.

Streft

I've run this strain several times now in Hempys and find her to be easy to grow and a producer of good smoke. The particular pheno I am running clones of finishes in 60-63 days. Your girls are looking fantastic.

Man I appreciate that. She does produce some good smoke I agree with u there.
She looks good cause I have a shitty camera lol.no just kidding Im quite proud of her. I did burn the leaf tips and some of the older leaves tho but think I got her through it before it got into the flowers.
She acts like she's stalled but im gonna be patient and just love her and let her do her thing.
Thanks again!

Last edited:

Iamnumber

Thank you for posting.. I love the steady 1/week schedule you have used with photos.. gives a great big picture of grow.

How long did you veg this lady?

Klompen

While I do not plan to use a screen, this is quite similar to the sort of canopy I am hoping to have with my grow I have planned for this fall! Beautiful work.

Streft

Thank you for posting.. I love the steady 1/week schedule you have used with photos.. gives a great big picture of grow.

How long did you veg this lady?

Thank you! I'm not entirely sure how long it was in veg I think in the 6 to 8 week range I didn't keep track I was occupied with the girls already in flower at that point.

Have an awesome day!

Streft

While I do not plan to use a screen, this is quite similar to the sort of canopy I am hoping to have with my grow I have planned for this fall! Beautiful work.

Thank you! This is the best canopy I've had thus far(and easiest) mainlining is the closest I've gotten to this tight of a canopy but that was alot of work compared to using a screen. Best of luck with your grow!

Have an awesome day!

Klompen

Thank you! This is the best canopy I've had thus far(and easiest) mainlining is the closest I've gotten to this tight of a canopy but that was alot of work compared to using a screen. Best of luck with your grow!

Have an awesome day!

I've had really good luck in the past with topping and FIM in particular. Maybe if I get a chance I'll try a side-by-side with a screen for comparison.

You have a great day too!

Streft

Alright everyone it's day 56 I'm excited she's putting along nicely! Has an amazing smell and getting dense. Hairs are turning and I'm seeing cloudy heads!! Think she has two more weeks but I'm watching closely now. Normal weekly shots and a couple close ups.
Have an awesome day!

Day 49
picture.php

Day 56
picture.php

Close ups
picture.php

picture.php

Streft

Day 63
Well this has been a weird week. Last week she was stinking to high heaven a pungent Chem smell then I open the tent one day (think sun or mon) smell was gone just completely gone... wtf!! She was ready for a watering not dry by any means. Fed her a light feed and slowly the smell started coming back over last couple days it smells but it don't stink like it did. I also noticed that her water uptake increased right before the smell vanished. From 1 gallon every two days to her wanting a gallon a day and as the smell increases her water uptake is declining its the weirdest thing.
I'm gonna start the flush today give her a week. We'll 9 days works better for my schedule. She still has abt 50 percent white hairs but the trics are abt 10% amber 50% cloudy and 40% clear. If they arn't where I want them in 9 days I'll let her go longer def not in a hurry on this grow I've put so much work into her I've got to let her really finish. It's testing every last ounce of my patience tho let me tell ya. But I'm keeping myself busy working on my next go round. Kinda a doing a 180 from hempys. well kinda! Gonna give a no till sip a try. So it's kinda similar to hempys as in it has a perlite res wicking up to the plant but the sip is gonna have a living soil in it. Getting the soil base homogenized right now so that keeps me busy.
Any way here's a couple pics
Have an awesome day!
Day 56
picture.php

Day 63
picture.php

Close up
picture.php

Last edited:

Iamnumber

Hi,
If it would not bee too much trouble.. could you take note on setup (what lights and how much, what strain - i mean light, avg. or heavy yield, veg time, flower time) and what yield you got.

I would love to see any data that would give info on yield difference between systems.. hempy and living soil in this case.

different systems have different advantages over others.. difference in yield is what helps us compare the 'price' of these advantages.

High times and happy gardening and please do keep posting!

LungCooking

If they arn't where I want them in 9 days I'll let her go longer def not in a hurry on this grow I've put so much work into her I've got to let her really finish. It's testing every last ounce of my patience tho let me tell ya. But I'm keeping myself busy working on my next go round. Kinda a doing a 180 from hempys. well kinda! Gonna give a no till sip a try. So it's kinda similar to hempys as in it has a perlite res wicking up to the plant but the sip is gonna have a living soil in it. Getting the soil base homogenized right now so that keeps me busy.

i agree with you man!

Streft

Day 70
Houston we have purple!! 7 days into flush and she's turning red and purple and some yellow she looks amazing or like shit however u wanna look at it. But I'm gonna let her go another week trics are mostly cloudy not too much amber so I'm just gonna let her continue to flush.
Have an awesome day!
Day 63
picture.php

Day 70
picture.php

A better look
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

LungCooking

hahaha, look the size of those buds! fucking rocking!

63 days from 12/12 or from first flowering signs? she sure looks like need a few more weeks! super hairy!

EvergreenState

G `day Stref

I`d go with lower EC more often .
Seems you are getting evaporation more than uptake by the plant . Water is evaporating leaving behind the salts .

So more water - less nutes . And refresh the water more often to keep it from evaporating and concentrating . Also over flow the Hempy`s till you get 20 % run off . eg add 2 litre . run off 200 ml . This will flush out excess salts every watering .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Great advice. :greenstars:

Streft

hahaha, look the size of those buds! fucking rocking!

63 days from 12/12 or from first flowering signs? she sure looks like need a few more weeks! super hairy!

Yesterday was 70 days from flip so 57-60 days from bud set. Can't say from pistils cause she was showing pistils well before the flip. Just waiting on the amber I did cut a few buds out of the front right corner 10 of them to be exact probably abt an ounce dry maybe less I couldn't help my self. They were cut before the day 70 pic but u don't really notice. So I'm super excited abt how much more there is in there definitely my best pull so far.
Have an awesome day!