What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Northern Sweet Summer Grow

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hi Kalb...your plants are looking super! Its nice to see your garden is getting good weather. That crystal candy is looking tasty. Cant wait to see the end product...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Wow those are beautiful plants! Congratulations! I was wondering what the material is you have made your greenhouse/tent out of? It appears to be some sort of plastic sheeting with netting embedded into it?

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello all,

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been zipping around Europe a little bit and having a bit of time off.

So the Crystal Candy auto have been cut and are about dry (I'll get some bud shots up soon).
Firstly the good news: this is a great auto with some nice citric terps that likes to form large fat tops. The flower structure formed spears initially that then fattened into bulbous baseball bat type colas. When I thought it wouldn't produce any more flower all the plants burst into a new explosion of fresh white pistils. Overall aroma was citrus with less sharpness/lower tone giving a kinda candy smell. Unfortunately I had to cut early so I didn't get the full effect of the terps in their fully mature state.

The bad news: I got bud rot bad!!
The buds are thick and their wasn't enough air flow in my tiny plastic greenhouse (it's a store bought cheap piece of crap). The plants were also on a heavy feed of a new organic liquid blend. It seems to work wonders but has the draw back of making the buds too juicy for my environment.

Anyway, I have yet to smoke any of it and will get back to you all with a final analysis. Here's just one more pic about a week or two after harvest. As you can see it had a long way to go before peak maturity.

picture.php

Here's what's next on the list .... Green Poison FV.
Already getting pretty big :D

picture.php

It's actually bigger now.. I've also got two plants from some other breeders in their too; getting cramped!

:D

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Here's a quick dry shot of a Crystal Candy auto bud. Like I said before the flowers were cut early but it's still very nice smoke. Quite tasty with a lot of sweet citrus candy aromas

picture.php

I will be taking some pics of the Green Poison FV today. Will post later :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Green Poison FV :)

picture.php

This is a group shot; the other plant to the right is a Ace Seeds Early Bubba Hash

picture.php

As you can see there isn't a great deal of progress yet, Not much to see...

picture.php

The weather has turned here, now very wet. I hope we get some more warm weather in September so these can finish well. We'll see I guess :)

rastapaul

Hey Kal that Crystal candy flower looks really nice.. great growing rasta and hopefully we do get some nice september weather so the others can finish of nice for you too.

Blessings

Ras

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Green Poison FV coming along nicely. Very good resin output so far :)

picture.php

Let's see how she develops :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey SumTomatoes

I haven't, no. The Crystal Candy auto and Green Poison FV have been the first plants I've grown from Sweet Seeds.

I was very impressed with the experience I've had from their crystal candy auto and will purchase some different auto varieties from them soon. :)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
They look great. The reason I was asking is cause I was looking for an Indica leaning auto and I had seen those. I've only heard good things about Sweet Seeds.

afghan

Your greenhouse must be full of flowers...as is mine. I'm on twice daily botrytis alert and cutting out little bits here and there. Fingers crossed for warm dry weather!