What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prep and Storing Trim for Edibles

b3averh3at

Greetings,
My medical grow is doing well this year and I'm going to have considerable bud. In the past, I haven't used the trim and popcorn buds to their fullest extent. I would like to use them for edibles. But I have questions:

1) is it necessary to dry and cure the sugar leaves and popcorn buds before extracting them into butter or coconut oil?
2) Better to freeze the trim in packages in the amount I'd want to process or to process it all and freeze/store the cannabutter and infused coconut oil?
3) What is the best method of storing cannabutter and coconut oil and how long can they be kept in good, usable form?

Thanks! Stay high.:thank you:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I would say it's better to extract your material first and make an oil or concentrate, then use that to formulate your butter or MCT - that way you can accurately dose your products. If you do it the way you suggest, you end up with unknown potency butter/MCT, which really gives you no wy to accurately dose your edibles.

Make sense?

Tokesworth

I too am wondering the same thing. Is it better too dry out my trim and fan leaves before say, doing an ISO wash, or a bho run and using the extract for butter and coconut oils? First time using fresh trim for a wash so not sure.