What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When will dispensary prices be reasonable!?!

Swampthing2

Hi, me and my mother are both registered medical patients in Florida. it's great, but it's so expensive at the dispensarys that it's almost cheaper on the streets but me nor my mother have any connection to affordable meds. and want to know when the hell these dispensarys will make this medicine affordable to us patients to stay medicated??
That's why I'm getting back into growing just so me and my mom can have the meds we need. (And because it's the best hobbie ever) :)

MedResearcher

Veteran
Think it will always be expensive. The Gov't knows what some people are willing to pay, they will keep the price high with legislation.

Growing your own is the ticket. Spend pennies once you get set up and dialed in. Also only way to really get clean herb is to grow it yourself. Cant trust anyone, people use all sorts of nasty crap to ensure their pay day/harvest.

Mr^^

Swampthing2

Well I mean the curaleaf in Tampa sells 8ths of flower in little containers for $35-$55 depending on strain and the one in California has ozs for like $120.. you know what I mean..
How long will it take the market in Florida to get like that? Everyone wants to get in on the money they are steadily opening up new dispensarys.

I buy the grams of distillate sold in syringes at different dispensarys 60-75$ per syringe $60 for gram of shatter. It's like $20 in cali and cheaper on our own streets here lol.

X

xavier7995

What does disp weed cost down in Florida? Are they still mostly cartridges and such or actual flower? A good half of the grower folks in CO seem to be Florida transplants.

Swampthing2

I don't know how to edit yet I wanted to add that I think it's completely unfair that medical patients can't order from a different states dispensary for a better price! �� lol

Swampthing2

What does disp weed cost down in Florida? Are they still mostly cartridges and such or actual flower? A good half of the grower folks in CO seem to be Florida transplants.

It's mostly cartridges for like $50-60 for 500mg cartridge.
Flower is in little vape cups u gotta break open to get the nuggets. $35-$55 an 8th. Lol insane.

Swampthing2

But I don't know anyone these days that's sells bud or concentrates so that's why I'm so concerned with the dispensary prices in Florida lol.

X

xavier7995

That sucks, i just picked up some offbrand of co2 oil carts that were 600mg and 25 bucks out the door here in CO. Flowers can be had pretty cheap, but quality is not great.

Good luck, hope they make it easier for more competition to come in and push those prices down a bit for you folks.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Never. As long as people are uneducated about the products they buy and cannabis in general, it will never end.

I was I a rec shop to get a nug or two in Santa ana helping my family move. The level of ignorance in the customers was astounding. These people couldn't tell they were being sold year old deps as indoor, until I got to the counter.

Anyway, I'm 86ed from that place. Even though they admitted I was right. No matter. The only good nug was from Marley's natural. Funny, outs better than all their ins. Their excuse for purple urkle and purple punch was beyond sad.

Swampthing2

That sucks, i just picked up some offbrand of co2 oil carts that were 600mg and 25 bucks out the door here in CO. Flowers can be had pretty cheap, but quality is not great.

Good luck, hope they make it easier for more competition to come in and push those prices down a bit for you folks.

$25!!! I'm so jealous
I want to go there and buy a bunch of meds for me and my mom Jesus that will save us so much money... again I think it's ridiculous that I can't just order it to a local dispensary and pick it up. But no lol looks like I'll have to save up for a plane ticket then save money for a bulk supply of meds cus I'll have to get it all at one time lol sheesh.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i said the same thing about seeds, after getting several high end seed packs that were steight hermi, i gave up for a long time ,most are gone now,ready to try again now that we have medical,finally

Swampthing2

Never. As long as people are uneducated about the products they buy and cannabis in general, it will never end.

I was I a rec shop to get a nug or two in Santa ana helping my family move. The level of ignorance in the customers was astounding. These people couldn't tell they were being sold year old deps as indoor, until I got to the counter.

Anyway, I'm 86ed from that place. Even though they admitted I was right. No matter. The only good nug was from Marley's natural. Funny, outs better than all their ins. Their excuse for purple urkle and purple punch was beyond sad.

Yeah I agree I wish people were more well informed. Lol that would make the prices drop indeed.

Yeah I've been in Florida my whole life never been to Colorado or cali and experienced that.
Just got the medical weed here and I just got my card a couple months ago. Great products but so expensive it's unaffordable to stay medicated seriously. I have never been able to meet a good reliable connection for meds and we aren't allowed to order from another state to a local dispensary for pickup even. I'm exhausted trying to find a connection lol I even have friends out in both states that won't help me and my mom out with some mail lol which I understand but I'm fed up so I'm gonna start growing again. Just need to get everything basically to start lol. Patience.

Swampthing2

i said the same thing about seeds, after getting several high end seed packs that were steight hermi, i gave up for a long time ,most are gone now,ready to try again now that we have medical,finally

Oh damn that's a terrible experience. I got some amazing seeds like 7 years ago I think from cannacopia it was the deep chunckX Bubba kush.
I got the most amazing little purple white frosted phenotype that I will never forget from that pack of seeds.
I don't even know where to get my seeds now.

dddaver

Veteran
Please correct me if I'm wrong. The last I knew the issue of smokable cannabis being sold or used in Florida was still on the docket to be decided by Florida's Supreme Court.

NW Florida (southern Alabama) is very different than other parts of FL and the nearest dispensaries (2) to me are in Tallahassee. I think Pensacola has one. None sell flowers. Or advertise online as selling flowers anyway. Tampa may be different.

But as far as I knew it was still illegal to sell or possess cannabis flowers in the state of FL.

Amynamous

Dispensary meds will continue to be expensive until it becomes legal at the Federal level. Since dispensaries are taxed at the Federal and State levels based on sales, and not net profits, they cannot deduct for cost of product, labr expenses, rent,etc.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Only reason its cheap anywhere is that the market is flooded. As soon as everyone has a grow the price will start dropping.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Never. That's why I left Florida. I was even tangentially connected to certain people and organizations who were directly involved in crafting the legislation, and I saw the writing on the wall, years in advance. Florida is corrupt as fuck, and legislators there will do everything in their power to make sure that the common folk don't get their medicine the way they voted for it to be gotten.

So, even though I knew that Florida would be "going medical" before I even moved, I also knew it would be garbage... A facade... So I left anyway. And sure enough, it's looking to be that way.

Mengsk

It's about money. I'm not feeling like writing a long winded post connect the dots style but you can look at the Florida governor regarding involvement with the largest Medicare scam in history. The government's culture, attitude, and so on. Cigarette companies and alcohol companies still exist. I think the southeast has quite a bit of alcohol and tobacco production. Don't want to say enemy but alcohol pretty much is the enemy of cannabis in many ways. You might be able to enjoy a craft beer no worries but the fact remains alcoholism on the whole takes a massive negative toll. Being friendly or holding your tongue is one thing but how many of us know people who died from alcohol. Chicken or the egg with less booze = better off IMO.

This is a bit far fetched but if cannabis "makes you smarter" even because you are drinking less, then you start getting "hippie ideas" about slavery and work and government and so on, the gov't does not want to see that happen. What I am explaining isn't a joke or a conspiracy theory. It is just a logical thought progression. I know the gov't is against these measures. Or else the dispensary would be selling cannabis right now.

A couple of things can happen. There is the political, social, popular opinion "angle." Here I mean spreading the word that cannabis use is "bad" or "criminal." This includes memory loss or being a loser, whatever negative connotations you can think of. Christian values or repeating any propaganda from what has been ingrained in people for decades. I want to be careful phrasing this but I think insults can also be framed at groups of people, e.g. "only ___ people use cannabis, you don't want to associate yourself with that do you." That is one way to prevent cannabis from being legitimized. Turn miseducation or ignorance into fear (this devil weed will kill you, and people believe it).

Another way to stifle cannabis is more planned and calculated and aggressive. Look at the ATF, the US gov't agency like the FBI which is focused on alcohol tobacco and firearms. Those three are all legal in the US and that agency makes sure to collect a part of the profit. So I am inclined to say that the ATF is actually part of the alcohol and cigarette and firearm manufacturers. These items are in fact actually evil. What I mean is cigarettes give you lung cancer alcohol gives you liver cirrhosis and firearms kill people. Cannabis fits nowhere into this picture at all. Because cannabis itself is a "good guy." There is no suicide, drunk driving, wife beating, emphysema, tracheotomy group equivalent for cannabis users.

Taxing a vice - this is recreational for fun and it will kill you if overconsumed, it is extremely dangerous and expensive. (Think alcohol poisoning, accidental gun death, burning your house down from a lit cigarette.) Shorten your life, you are paying for your own enjoyment at the expense of life expectancy or a hangover.

Cannabis - safe harmless holds numerous benefits medical benefit, spiritual benefit, psychological benefit, physical health benefit. You and others are actually better off for its use, and you get enjoyment. I suppose we could debate this but who here would argue that working while drunk is more productive than working while high? Easily produced at home, harmless, no risk of overdose, no risk of death, no risk of domestic violence, no risk of suicide, no risk of unprovoked violent behaviour.
All stuff that fits prescription drugs perfectly I'd imagine.

In order for cannabis to begin displacing alcohol and tobacco (and firearms) it isn't necessary to convince everyone of its spiritual medicinal healing properties. In other words you don't have to share my hippie beliefs about cannabis saving my life and healing the nation. That part isn't necessary.

Simply by picking up a joint, for anyone, the use of tobacco and alcohol will go down. Even if someone is a drinker, if they begin taking up pot, they will undoubtedly drink less. A six pack per night becomes 1-2 beers + a joint and game over.

The real bad guys here, the poison pushers, the booze and cigarette manufacturers, they do not want this. Be very clear people are not nice and friendly, they do not want to see you have pink healthy lungs for many long and happy decades to come. These are the companies that make liver cancer (booze) and lung cancer (smokes). They know what they are doing. It is a greedy money attack, a sinister plan, to keep people addicted to the truly evil vices we have. Any political devices that can be used such as playing into people's emotions about traditional values or views will be used not in a relatable friendly way but as like a tactical advantage to trick and advertise to people.

It's clear to me there are big growers in Florida so I don't mean to comment on your state or it's people. Only express my distaste for gov't rules :)

I'm tempted to say "don't move to California" because if all the cool people move here what happens to the rest of the country lol kind of a scary thought jk not really.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I was working in a grow store and one of our nutrient reps came in talking about the greenhouses built for medical in Fla a year before it passed. Unfortunate for any hopeful growers. They fucked you guys before you saw it coming. They knew exactly who was going to grow your expensive eigths.

Sorry guys. I complain about my state way too much. Not that I feel different. But they really screwed florida bad from the get go.

buster1

Exams and fees twice a year even for those whom the state has declared their medical and mental impairments permanent. It is the states way to discourage those with permanent conditions and restricted incomes to become discouraged and not acquire medications that can treat their conditions. All the while they say the state has a opioid problem. Where in states that have legalized Cannabis. Have had drastic reductions in opioid use. There are doctors that are ripping off people that can be aided with Cannabis use. That are not even on the states register to recommend patients for Cannabis treatment. That are dispensing fake CBD oil from non registered pharmacies. And the state does nothing.