What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

Beaucephus

Hey lou i got to show u a pic of the chem x og x ecsd #14.....not up to 50 post yet, u on instagram or something? Sorry to post this in this thread all.

LouDog420

Glad you enjoy kaneboy! roll up a fatty and grab a seat, cause it's about to get into casey pheno hunting here soon ;)

Beau, sorry man, nope, IC is mostly my only social media used. But if you use flickr, you can upload there and then share by copying the BB Code (the one with the [IM.G] tag, without the period)

Then you can post it here on the mag easily without needing to upload to the server. The mag kills pic resolution anyways with their file size limits, so this is what I generally do to get higher res pics and skip the ancient ic mag upload system.

Good vibes all, crazy times over here, 2020 should be a good casey year

LouDog420

Dry shots of phenos...

The CJ are dry and in the jars...

Smoke reports will commence over the next couple weeks.

I can tell you the real stinky ones are: CJ 4, CJ 5, and CJ 7. These things burn my nose and eyes as I trim with the fuel diesel smell. 5 is real interesting and is a bit more of the sweet/fuel smell. All lovely ladies...

CJ 1 - Out of the keeper race. She went a bit bananas with bananas at the end of flower...
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 2 - Out of the keeper race. Not too much smell, and almost identical to CJ 8 in every way.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 3 - Hanging in there. Nice nugs, pretty powerful smell. One of the denser girls.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 4 - A stinker . Small and resin covered with a crazy calyx/leaf. May be one of the ones...
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 5 - Denser nugs and a stinker. Some darker coloring with the cold temps at the end of flower. Defintely getting another run!
View Image
View Image
View Image

LouDog420

dry shots continued...

CJ 6 - Out of the race.
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 7 - Another stinker. A bit more leafy. Weaker yield.
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 8 - Not too stinky. Very sativa looking, large and lanky. Very nice lady.
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 9 - Pretty good smell, and trich coverage. She wasn't in the biggest pot and was pretty abused. I think I will keep her for another run to test her potential.
View Image
View Image
View Image

I have lots of seeds too
dance013.gif

LouDog420

Finally, smoke reports for phenos...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Casey Jones 1 Report

Grow
Flowered for 70 days. Large stretch into flowering. All buds, including auxiliary buds grow to a nice size, but she has intersex tendencies. During the last 2 weeks, she popped quite a few nanners and I believe was responsible for a lot of my seed. Very easy to grow plant though, and she would still be around if it wasn’t for the intersex traits.

Visual/Aroma
Bag Appeal: Small round calyxs that glisten. Very little leaf with a good calyx/leaf ratio (7/10), but a good grower could spot a nanner somewhere on ¼ of the buds in the jar.

Trich Coverage: Great coverage. 8/10

Bud Density: This girl was one of the denser ladies out of the pack. When compared to the other CJ plants, I’d rank her a 7/10. When ranked against all other bud, I’d give her a 4.5/10. CJ does not put out rock hard, dense nugs, but I actually prefer that. When it comes to a rush, simply toss a nug in the bowl and light it up without having to worry about whether or not she will burn nicely.

Aroma: Mild sweet candy smell, maybe a hint of sweet citrus. Not too much fuel at all. It is very pleasant and not overpowering, but enough to know that this stuff is the diggity dank. It makes me want to just take a bit bite out of the nug because it is tasty smelling.

Smoke Report:
Done through a 2.5 foot bluedot water bong.

Taste: Unfortunately, I’m not the best at pinpointing a taste. I’m better with my sniffer, but here’s my shot. It’s a very mild, smooth taste already. There is a small hint of fuel which is strange because I can’t smell any, but mostly just green/hashy tasting (not the chlorophyll green either).

Smoke Expansion: Not expansive. I can take a massive rip and be just as comfortable as a smaller one. My sour bubble seems to blow up in your lungs, while this is quite a bit easier to smoke.

High Description: Zippy is a good word to describe it. My thoughts are zippy and so is my energy. A very interesting high. I feel more creative and actually have the energy to act on my creativity, as opposed to melting into my couch and merely thinking about it. 2 hits from the bong and I’m feeling peppy and happier. 4 hits and a nice grin has made its way across my face. 6 hits and we can call me stoned. She is mostly a head high, but there’s a nice warm tingle across the body too.

Keeper?? No, but that is only due to the intersex tendencies of this girl. She smokes wonderfully, even being the most heavily seeded out of the 9.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Casey Jones 2 Report

Grow
Flowered for 70 days. Large stretch into flowering. All buds, including auxiliary buds grow to a nice size, but are very airy. No intersex traits to be concerned about. Once again easy to grow.

Visual/Aroma
Bag Appeal: Small round calyx’s covered with resin. A little leafy, but the leaves are also covered in trichs, so it’s hard to even tell the difference between calyx’s and leaves at times.

Bud Density: Nice airy nugs. Not much density to them at all, but that’s alright with me.

Aroma: First thing that hits your nose is a mellow dank pine smell kind of like number one. But you can also get wiffs of some fuel smells that are there but aren’t too overpowering. The fuel comes out a lot more after a quick grind or breaking up the nugs.

Smoke Report:

Taste: She has a stronger taste than CJ 1 and isn’t quite as pleasant. A bit more hashy and harsh. I think that may be too the extra bit of leaf on her. I get a bitter aftertaste as well.

Smoke Expansion: Not too expansive. She made me cough a few times, but nothing that can’t be handled. Not quite a smooth as the CJ 1 though.

High Description: Energetic. Not quite as euphoric, but the energy is there. It may also have been the music I was listening to at the time. Angry Seattle grunge music might take the euphoric out of you. I could have definitely thrown myself into a mosh pit or two though. It’s a mellow energetic high, if that makes any sense. I have the energy, but my mind and thoughts aren’t racy and bouncing off the wall. I feel nicely high, but also feel calm and collected. Very nice. 8 hits to get me stoned.

Keeper?? She will be compared more closely with CJ 8 as they seem to have the same growth style and are closely related phenos. The winner will stick around for another run.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Casey Jones 3 Report

Grow
Flowered for 70 days. Medium stretch into flowering. Large golf ball sized round nugs on the branches. Foxtailing with denser nugs.

Visual/Aroma
Bag Appeal: Small round calyx’s covered with resin. Very little leaf, with buds that foxtail out in all directions. It gives a deceptively dense look, but the buds are nicely packed, not too dense, not too light. A bit leafy, but leaves are once again covered with trichs.

Bud Density: Denser than CJ 2, not as dense as CJ 1. Deceptive when looking at the nugs.

Aroma: A nice green/skunk smell seeps out of the jar. Once you pinch the nugs, a rush of diesel exposes itself and blends very nicely with the skunky smell. The diesel smell makes me smile everytime. The smell just triggers something, it makes me thing of heat and high frequency for some reason. A very high pitched, hot scream right in your face or something like that. Hard to explain the senses haha!

Smoke Report:

Taste: A much sweeter pleasant taste. Initially, she gives of diesel taste to her. After the exhale, a hashy aftertaste can be noticed. After the first few hits of green, the hashy taste takes over and the diesel doesn’t last all the way through.

Smoke Expansion: Quite expansive. This girl is much more likely to make me cough, and a smaller hit still goes a long way.

High Description: Doesn’t stay lit as well as the first 2 phenos. High is more of racy up high with less relaxation. 2 hits and I’m decently high. 5 hits and we can call it stoned. She is a bit more potent it seems but not as quite euphoric.

Keeper?? She is a unique one. She’s staying around for another run.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Casey Jones 4 Report

Grow
Flowered for 69 days. Medium stretch into flowering. Smaller spear shaped nugs, with rounded calyxs. Very high calyx to leaf ratio, and light green coloration. Lots of trichs. Lower yield

Visual/Aroma
Bag Appeal: Small round calyx’s covered with resin. Very little leaf, with buds that foxtail out in all directions. It gives a deceptively dense look, but the buds are nicely packed, not too dense, not too light. A bit leafy, but leaves are once again covered with trichs.

Bud Density: Density much like CJ 3, even slightly more dense, with less foxtailing.

Aroma: Another good mix of skunk/sweet/fuel. Skunk and sweet smells overpower the fuel on this lady. Once breaking up the buds, you can get a hint of the fuel.

Smoke Report:

Taste: Taste is mellow. Nothing that is too overpowering. A nice hashy taste, might have found a hint of berry.

Smoke Expansion: Not expansive. Nice smooth smoke also.

High Description: High is less energetic, and more stoney. Still a lot of it is up in the head, it’s just not as energetic or racy as the other 3 so far. 3 hits and I’m feeling good. 6 and I’m feeling really good. In the potency department it lies somewhere between CJ 2 and CJ 1. More potent than 2, less potent than 1.

Keeper?? No, I think with the smaller yield and medium potency, we can take her out of the mom race.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Casey Jones 5 Report

Grow
Flowered for 69 days. Medium-Large stretch into flower. Buds are more round, denser, and slightly leafier. Colder temps brought out some purple hues in both the calyx’s and leaves.

Visual/Aroma
Bag Appeal: Calyxs are more pointed and less rounded. Covered with trichs, and purple hues if you can manage to get your eyes to look through all the white frost on the outside of the buds. Medium calyx/leaf ratio.

Bud Density: Density like CJ 1. One of the denser girls out of the pack.

Aroma: Another good mix of skunk/sweet/fuel. The fuel is more pronounced, and the sweet reminds me of flowers or some type of floral scent/ maybe even slightly buttery. The skunk is in there, it just hides in the background. This is the 2nd or 3rd smelliest pheno out of the pack.

Smoke Report:

Taste: Taste is mellow. Nothing that is too overpowering or shocking. No harshness to her. No hashy taste. It actually kind of reminds me of some smoked meat. Like some unseasoned deer jerkey. Quite a unique taste.

Smoke Expansion: Medium/high expansion. She made me choke on one of my last hits. Eyes went watery, and drooped, and hit me like a mac truck. Surprised me.

High Description: 2 hits and I can begin to feel my eyes droop and a tingling energy flowing through my shoulders. 4 hits and I’m getting high. 5th hit was the choker. Stoned… Definitely one of the more energetic phenos with a portion of body tingle to her as well. Nicely balanced. A bit of a creeper high too, I noticed I was significantly higher 10 minutes after smoking, as opposed to right after.

Keeper?? Yep, she’s earned herself another run.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

LouDog420

more shots of cj5, colored cut, mother to bx1/ix line

cj 7 was a lemon pheno

Here's the final shots before I take down this second round. Today is day 70, and they've been thrown in a room for 48 hrs dark... Bet you can't guess which spare room it is
wink.gif

The two keepers that will be in the CJ grow off soon... CJ 7 and CJ 5...
View Image

CJ 5
View Image
View Image
View Image

CJ 7
View Image

This girl is CJ 3. Very branchy, round buds concentrated on the ends of the colas. No discernable main stem. Her last round here, as she didn't quite make the cut. Not stinky enough....
View Image

JB

festy2.0

Hey Lou, it's festivus from hol. How the f are you man? I finally got around to growing your Ultra Sonja x Midnight Madness! Did you have good results with this cross? Take care my friend!!

LouDog420

No shit? Great to hear from you my man. It's been a while. Get to 50 and send me a pm.

Very glad to see you back around and hope all is well over there.

I still have the US x MM sitting in the vault. Never grew them out myself, but a few others have with good results. The cross used the tang/blockhead leaning females from the sonja along with two MM males, but I don't remember anything about the males at this point... Think the cross was made around 2012, so going on eight years now ;)

Good vibes my brother

Ready4

Veteran
There are a few CSG Grateful Casey fem seeds still out there at several seed banks. Have a Trainwreck/Thai leaning pheno I got many years ago from those, super outstanding strain that I will never willingly let go.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Ohhh the good memories of the good ol cjxsb's! I miss my sour bubble pheno from the 1st year the most, that was one of the tastiest smokes I've came across!

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
:tiphat:

whats up Lou! (And FESTI! Woooo! Hope all is well pal!!)

t-minus 4 weeks until I start heading north ;-) nyco x gbubb & og/chem x gbubb are making the trip with me! will be doing a big seed pop asap, finally be able to run some numbers on all those gems you blessed me with. hope all is well brother!

LouDog420

Hey bud, have a safe move and feel free to share those sweet pics when you go bean popping ;)

Good vibes your way, and to the rest of the casey lovers...

On the casey note... way too many ladies (final count, 25 out of 28 are female)... We only have 2 males from the bunch on the farm, one is stellar, the other questionable. He was slow to start and since I ran out of space, had to get moved under a makeshift, low light flower area for males only.

There's a few females showing intersex traits, sacks at preflower nodes down low, nothing that has opened up yet though, just pre-pubescent balls... same as the original casey when run years ago. Will keep an eye and see how they progress.

I have enough females I'll be pulling any trouble makers from the pollinations and only using stellar selections since I have minimal males to work with. I'm probably going to keep this first run sensi for selections, then do a full pollination with everything chosen next run. I have backups of all females and males already rooted, so no worries there, and will be sharing casey pollen far and wide. Hit me up if you have something worth hitting and will add you to the list ;) Especially those with pure casey cuts they're still running... We need something more than S1s out there.

Peace!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GB girl locked and loaded on standby.

Yo festivus! I still got krom x sb beans from that giant never ending pheno I had dusted lowers on. I should pop them. Might be a giant in there lol.
Good to see ya man!

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Hey bud, have a safe move and feel free to share those sweet pics when you go bean popping ;)

Good vibes your way, and to the rest of the casey lovers...

On the casey note... way too many ladies (final count, 25 out of 28 are female)... We only have 2 males from the bunch on the farm, one is stellar, the other questionable. He was slow to start and since I ran out of space, had to get moved under a makeshift, low light flower area for males only.

There's a few females showing intersex traits, sacks at preflower nodes down low, nothing that has opened up yet though, just pre-pubescent balls... same as the original casey when run years ago. Will keep an eye and see how they progress.

I have enough females I'll be pulling any trouble makers from the pollinations and only using stellar selections since I have minimal males to work with. I'm probably going to keep this first run sensi for selections, then do a full pollination with everything chosen next run. I have backups of all females and males already rooted, so no worries there, and will be sharing casey pollen far and wide. Hit me up if you have something worth hitting and will add you to the list ;) Especially those with pure casey cuts they're still running... We need something more than S1s out there.

Peace!

you continue to inspire me brother!!! :tiphat:

antheis

Veteran
man how the fuck do yall run through seed? i feel like i'm covered in molasses when it comes to growing seedlings. i've got all these crosses and no fucking room to grow.
seeing festi back i remebered i dusted my blue vixen with gdubb pollen. that shit needs to get grown.
fuckit putting them in dirt now.

LouDog420

Ya, put those beans in the dirt antheis!!

Some of the females forming the start of the casey jones redux. They had a little pH hiccup early on after a pen died, so they're a little on the light green side but dealing with the stress well and starting to chunk now at 35 days with a few lagging behind by about a week... Also need to sharpen up my camera skills again, it's been a bit!

Waiting for colors, watching for sacks, waiting on those smells especially... Good vibes

49460967981_e6bbd927dd_k.jpg

49461205177_fc79ef7a5f_k.jpg

49461214797_e4561d71dc_k.jpg

49460528548_d75d455904_k.jpg

49461013106_1b4f857816_k.jpg