What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
~Voltaire

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
Albert Einstein

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Don’t be afraid of discovering that the ‘real you’ may be different than the ‘current you.’”
Rabbi Noah Weinberg, zt”l

We often have pre-conceived notions of who we are and what we are capable of accomplishing. Don’t let your past define you. Don’t let who you were yesterday limit who you can become today. What we know about ourselves is not complete. Be open to seeing different aspects of yourself even if they are at first uncomfortable or unfamiliar to you.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If you are not a better person tomorrow than you are today, what need have you for a tomorrow?" –
Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

One of the purposes of human life is to improve one's character traits, by working on oneself every day. That's why God gives us today – and tomorrow.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“I’ve been all over the world and I've never seen a statue of a critic.”
Leonard Bernstein

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Tis against some men’s principle to pay interest, and seems against others’ interest to pay the principal."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it.”
― Harry Browne

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Things will get better only when you make the changes that are necessary to make them better.”
― Harry Browne, How I found Freedom In An Unfree World

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“I’m free and happy because I accepted myself as I am and found a life that suits me”
― Harry Browne

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“To be self-reliant is to recognize that no one else is as concerned about your future as you are and that no one knows as much about you as you do.”
― Harry Browne

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Absolutely every government regulation is enforced by violence. If you’ve never seen that violence, it’s because you’ve been careful, obedient, or lucky.”
― Harry Browne

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat,

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Life Is a Gift from God.
We hold from God the gift which includes all others. This gift is life -- physical, intellectual, and moral life.

But life cannot maintain itself alone. The Creator of life has entrusted us with the responsibility of preserving, developing, and perfecting it. In order that we may accomplish this, He has provided us with a collection of marvelous faculties. And He has put us in the midst of a variety of natural resources. By the application of our faculties to these natural resources we convert them into products, and use them. This process is necessary in order that life may run its appointed course.

Life, faculties, production--in other words, individuality, liberty, property -- this is man. And in spite of the cunning of artful political leaders, these three gifts from God precede all human legislation, and are superior to it.

Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“If I’m going to hell, I’ll be going there playing the piano!”
JERRY LEE LEWIS

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The funny part of the whole thing is that a man in this line of business has so much company. I mean his customers. If people did not want beer and wouldn’t drink it, a fellow would be crazy for going around trying to sell it!”
Al Capone

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. “
Plato

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“To seek truth from facts, not from dogmas, whether from East or West”.
Deng Xiaoping

Latest posts

Latest posts