What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS Cabinet (w/ pics)

NOKUY

Veteran
"mtnjohn" thanks bro....and there will def. be lots of updates and pics to come! Were on day 17 flower now, and the stretch is winding down....lots and lots of nice bud sites and some good buds already for how young they are.

"roor69" glad I can help bro. as for your new questionsthose are pretty easy

1-my fan is a 160cfm...for this application its totally perfect.

2-the only thing "I" would have done to accomodate a 400 is make the sq. footage of my scrog screen 4 sq feet (2ft X 2ft) (100 watts per sq foot has always worked really really well for me) and probably another foot or so taller....maybe not even quite that much...it woulden't take much.

3-The electric panel I would make exactly the same again....I put lots of thought into it, and I made it so I could pull that whole shelf out and keep everything intact if I ever have to move it....that was important to me. I dont like to mess w/ electricl crap, and really only wanted to do it once. I've had zero problems, and am very happy with how it turned out.

NOKUY

Veteran
day 20 today folks :wave:

I just trimmed some of the big fans, did a bit more training under the screen, and a quick seaweed bath, mostly under the canopy (they love that after a trim).

First run in this cab and things are goin great! Actually a LOT less maintenance than my last cab. I love it :woohoo:

DOS

:wave: Cool cab Yukon! I use 2 150wHPS too.

For my cool tubes I use a large coleman lantern tube. Fits 4" duct, and the 150whps perfect! I also added 12 four foot t-8 flouros :) I've a run with mine and its produced some good medacine sofar :) I use a Lasko mini blower fan for exhausting both. They conect directly to the intake on each side via 4"to3" duct. The 3 inch fits perfectly to the lasko fan which has 3 inch intakes on each side that suck evenaly on either side. Check my gallery for buds shots all grown with this settup. I painted on reflectors to my cool tubes using high heat white spray paint inside the cool tubes and out.

what the hell...

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

yukon, How far into flowering do you folier spray?

I tell you, I see that and I am thinking mold on your buds.

DOS, good idea withthe high temp paint.

When I made my reflector I used high temp flat white myself.

Looking good all,

minds_I

NOKUY

Veteran
I dont sparay any of the bud sites, (pretty much just the underside of the canopy)...and this would be the last time anyway.

I know not to spray buds, and I doubt I could get moldy bud if I tried to. You have no idea how dry the air is up here at over 9000 ft in the rockies. Anytime I have ever foiler fed...the water is gone in about 10 or 15 minutes, and that w/ the lights off of course.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

9000 ft up? You need me to send you some O2??? Does the snow ever melt?

Buahahahahahaha

minds_I

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Yukon buddy, how'd I miss this thread? You should be super proud, really looks excellent. I'm impressed.

Can't wait to check out the TFB grow thread now.... [edit- oopsy, thought it was a TFB grow in yer new cab.]

And I can attest to the dry air, being here at 6,000'. When it rains, the pavement's dry in a matter of 15 minutes. Nothing rusts, ever. And mold on my buds... muahahaha! I spit at you, Mold!!! LOL

Dig

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
minds_I said:
Hello all,

9000 ft up? You need me to send you some O2??? Does the snow ever melt?

Buahahahahahaha

minds_I

No kidding, I'd be like a dying fish up there LOL

DOS

I lived at high altitude before with 0% RH...

I hate how bread, buds, anyhitng would go stale and dry in like 5 minutes..

atleast in the rockies you have moisture in the form of snow... Where I was its just a dry desert at 7000 feet with 3 inches of rain per year... I grew up at 7000-11,000 feet so I got some big lungs. You don't wana try and clear a bong like me, you might be the first person to die from smokin :pointlaug Just kidding! I went to teluride CO one time took the tallest lift up to like 12,000+ feet. I could jog arround with out losing breath :yoinks:

I live at sea level now and its too much O2!!!!! :pointlaug

duggy

Nokuy--you are a rock and roll star, baby! lovely work!

Both chambers finally exhaust out the utility chamber? 300W and no heat issues? I suppose your ambient temp is pretty low. . .

duggy
:joint:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Yukon. :wave: ... been checkin out your thread for a while now watching you build it. Really Sweet design. Looks like a supercharger. Huge respect for your attention to detail and workmanship. Your buds show from it.

See ya in the threads buddy...and oh ya for sure I'll be around here. :lurk:

Peace
BG

NOKUY

Veteran
hey "DOS", "duggy", and "Bonsai" :wave:

thanks for stopin' by!

"duggy"...to your questions
1-yes... both chambers exit out the utility room, and then out the back of the cab thru a 6" pvc elbow. I have my carbon scrubber built, I just dont have to use it right now, so its not hooked up. It fits right up to the 6" elbow tho.

2- no temp. issues. the cab runs about 6 or 7 degrees above ambient (much cooler than I anticipated). I contribute that to all the additional intakes that I put all over the floor...and the right fan for the job.

I don't think I would be that well off if either of those areas werent right.

heres a quick pic I took today (30 days flower)....I'll take a few more this weekend, and maybe show whats going on in the mother room, and in my other new cab I made for veg. :wave:

roor69

Looking good Yukon, I am looking forward to seeing your final yield numbers from your cabinet design... :lurk:

NOKUY

Veteran
OK I took quite a few pics today so I could show you guys whats up over here at my compound.

Were at 35 days in the flower area.

I also made a new addition to the cabinet...I'll get to that in a min. :wave:

Heres a view w/ the flower and mother areas opened up together

Heres (2) moms "Cherry Chunk" and "kali mist/x13/thai X DC" (these are the moms for the clones currently in flower)
can ya see the new addition in the background?

Heres the new addition w/ the moms out the way.
seedling shelf w/out taking up any of the moms footprint, and perfect height for keeping them up close to the floros for the first little while.
Those are TFB's (Thunderfukinblockhead F2's) starting out life.

Here's somewhat of a close up of the canopy @ 35 days

This here is a "Cherry Chunk" bud doin' its thing (I really like this pic)

These are my "skunkyballs/7" clones veggin' in my veg cab (this cab has 70watts HPS and (3) 15watt floros) These will be more than ready to flower when this run is done...I'll top them at least one more too. The one little pot on the right is a cut off 1 of these clones to be a future mom.
The shelf in this cab lowers, and the lights are all fixed...I have a good foot that I can lower them ...its a small cab crammed in the back of my closet, but it's perfect for keeping ahead of the game.

Thats about it for now....I hope you guys like the new addition of the "seedling shelf", and your first peek at my veg cab. :wave:

Next update I should have my carbon scrubber hooked up since shit is gettin' stinky...I'll get some pics up of that too.

-yukon

kooki

Thats a well built cab with great features, nice new starter shelf too :yes:
nokuy u shld be proud :) and hey ... the buds look good too :joint:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
well that sucks...my cp didn't let me know about your update till today Yukon....sorry man. Holy nice work. You crafty you! clones will love the warm spot there too. new veg cab looks like it rocks man. slick. I love havin the veg space too. funny but my current set-up I have more space for veg than flower and will most likely always be that way since I'm already thinkin about more veg space and not flower space..ha

Really nice set-up Yukon. I'm lookin forward to see'n more of the cherry chunk...looks great.
Peace
BG

CedarRiverCabin

Great cab

Great cab

Yukon,

Really impressive work man! Ive been lurking for a couple months now trying to get ideas and info for my first grow. This cab is deff up there! Its really great of you to share the construction of this w/ future first time growers like myself to help w/ ideas.

The stuff from guys such as you Mt. john, Red_Greenery, Pipedream and yourself is a great help and inspiration full if ideas.

Wish you nothing but success and big yeilds w/ this sucker :p

CRC