What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dominator 1200 LED - Experience/ Opinions ?

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Thinking about buying an used LED grow light.

I've had real good luck starting seedlings under cheapo $1 LED lights, with a mix of color spectrum.

Part Cool 5000 K color temp,
Part Warm 2700 K color temp - for the $1 LED's.

The Dominator has a pretty full spectrum,
410 to 730 nM. Not sure what that is in Color Temp yet.

It consumes about 250-300 watts.

Thanks for any info !! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Dominator.jpg
    Dominator.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 24

Koondense

Veteran
I would touch that panel only to see the insides to find out if it can be modded easily. If you keep the drivers and change the cobs with proper ones, it could become a nice light.
I suspect the way it is now, doesn't perform that well.
What's the price and specs?

Cheers

St. Phatty

I would touch that panel only to see the insides to find out if it can be modded easily. If you keep the drivers and change the cobs with proper ones, it could become a nice light.
I suspect the way it is now, doesn't perform that well.
What's the price and specs?

Cheers

Seller is asking $150 used.

I was going to offer $130 and some bud.

I have about 2 weeks to replace the sun, as it drops behind the mountain to my South.

The only thing is, my garden is Stealth. And this light needs to be about 5 feet above it. I think the 300 watt LED is like a 1000 watt HPS.

If I make a frame to hold the light, I lose my Stealth.

If I put the light 3 1/2 feet above the ground, the plants kind of get a sun burn.

I might need a less powerful light. I found this light at Home Depot -

white-commercial-electric-high-bay-lights-50232161-64_1000.jpg

A decent size & intensity, more like a 400 watt HPS. But it doesn't have the PAR profile of the Dominator.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...ated-LED-High-Bay-Dimmable-50232161/302456569

Thanks much for the reply, good to think things through a bit.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

JBOS - Just a Bunch of Spotlights.

attachment.php

What I thought I was trying to avoid.

They're 9 watts each.

Might run the extension cord up the hill, and set up 8, give or take, spotlights, above one garden spot.

It'll be interesting running that in the rain !

Attachments

• IMG_20181021_153716_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181021_153716_+__.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 23

Koondense

Veteran
I think you believe in specs a bit too much.
These two lights are not even close to a 600hps, the homedepot light is good for seedlings and early clones, that's it.
It would be very heplful to know what exactly are your needs for the situation, I think led bulbs or led strips could be your best options.
Do tell more, is it an indoor space(dimensions/area needed) or greenhouse(also dimensions needed), light supplementation or what?

Latest posts

Latest posts