What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump to Reform Marijuana Policy After Midterms

vta

Veteran
Dana Rohrabacher: Trump to Reform Marijuana Policy After Midterms

picture.php

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), long a champion of legalizing marijuana, told the Fox Business Network on Thursday that President Donald Trump intends to reform federal policies on marijuana after the midterm elections in November.

Trump’s new policy is expected to approve the medical use of marijuana, while leaving the question of recreational marijuana to the states. That would fulfill a campaign promise from 2016, when Trump said he backed medical marijuana “100 percent.”

Rohrabacher told Fox Business that the president had made a “solid commitment” to reform: ““I have been talking to people inside the White House who know and inside the president’s entourage… I have talked to them at length. I have been reassured that the president intends on keeping his campaign promise.”

Earlier this year, Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinded an Obama-era memorandum that indicated the Department of Justice would refrain from enforcing federal laws on marijuana in states that had legalized it. Sessions’s new policy was to leave enforcement decisions to individual federal prosecutors.

That was not enough for Sen .Cory Gardner (R-CO), who threatened to block Trump’s future nominations to Department of Justice posts unless the administration adopted a more flexible policy.

The administration reached a compromise with Sen. Gardner, and Trump told reporters that he would “probably” support an end to the federal ban on marijuana, though he also argued for the death penalty for drug dealers (referring chiefly to opioids).

Rohrabacher is in the midst of a tough fight for re-election in California’s 48th congressional district, which is statistically tied.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Why the fuck wait, do it now you white racist assholes.

Sorry, I don't watch the TV news so I must have missed it.... there is something racist about cannabis?

OK, I get it.Sorry, I didn't know.

Then..... Why the fuck did we wait. Why didn't the black racist assholes in the last administration do it.

OK, I am one of the gang, now. Sorry, I'll watch the 11:00 report and catch up on what is racist and what's not.

Thanks again for the lesson on racism.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump while with a base including quite a few anti pot 'conservatives' fulfills promise against many of their wishes and gets called a racist. Not surprised.

Of course the right thing is fully legal but even the Democrats with a former pothead president would not do that with most of his base supporting legalization. The freedom loving, unbiased, inclusive people ahhh.

Sessions is still Trump's pet elf. Not tired of the winning.

EvergreenState

You guys are getting so tiresome with calling them racist. Stop it already. That nonsense is why you lost the election. Calling everybody who disagrees with you a racist, homophobe, women haters etc. etc.
When you slander people just because they disagree with you, you repel people. You don't win them over to side, you don't change their minds. All you end up doing is making people hate you.
Stop it with the two year long temper tantrums, hysterical behavior, violent protests etc. If you could stop yelling at the top of your lungs, stop your tourettes like stream of cursing in people's faces and learn to have a rational debate over the issues you might be more likely to either learn something or convince people. That is if you actually had real knowledge of the issues.
It's so funny how all the leftists claim to hate racists yet they constantly talk about their hate of "white people." You do realize don't you that saying that is a racist comment?
Basic race relations 101. Everyone in every race is an individual and everybody is different. Everybody who voted for Trump is not a racist. Maybe they realize that the truth about unemployment in the usa. Only 46% of the working age population has a job where they work at least 35 hours a week and get benefits. The other 54% are either unemployed or grossly underemployed. Since that is the case, why would you allow 30 million people to come into this country looking for work? Talk about something that would really kill the African American communties where the unemployment rate is sky high. Don't you care about the African American community you racist.
To those people who voted for Trump that are aware of those unemployment facts, it wouldn't matter if Sweden was on our border. We wouldn't want 30 million white Swedish people coming to our country either. It's common sense that if you don't have enough jobs in your country for the citizens who live there, you shouldn't let in millions more looking for work.
It has nothing to do with the color of the skin of the people who want to come here; it has everything to do with the fact that our economy doesn't supply enough jobs for the people who are already here.
In the simplistic world of the uneducated people who love to shout, name call and act violently righteous, who have been brainwashed by the leftist to believe that anyone who disagrees with open borders, let everyone in, everyone eho disagrees with them a racist. It's simple that way and appeals to the young, the righteous and the stupid.
You do know don't you that both parties are using the young leftists as tools for their own gain? They don't care about this country or the Mexican people.
The left wants them here to vote for them and the right wants them here to flood the labor market so they can keep wages low.
The right's thinking, before Trump, is that their base, the big corporations, want cheap labor. If the market is flooded with millions of people who need work, they can pay low wages and if anyone complains they fire them and hire someone who will take any work just to have a job. Why do you think George W. Bush did nothing about the illegal immigration situation when he was in power and Obama did next to nothing about it like he did with every issue? They both wanted them here for their own gain.
The left promises the immigrants that they care about them and will take care of them with welfare programs in order to get their votes.
Either way the young protesters are nothing but tools being used by both parties. They think they are righteous because they think they are fighting racists. What they really are useful idiots. They will find that out when they graduate and go out and try to find a job. Good luck paying your bills with your degree in lesbian dance theory and your job stocking shelves at Walmart.

Badfishy1

You guys are getting so tiresome with calling them racist. Stop it already. That nonsense is why you lost the election. Calling everybody who disagrees with you a racist, homophobe, women haters etc. etc.
When you slander people just because they disagree with you, you repel people. You don't win them over to side, you don't change their minds. All you end up doing is making people hate you.
Stop it with the two year long temper tantrums, hysterical behavior, violent protests etc. If you could stop yelling at the top of your lungs, stop your tourettes like stream of cursing in people's faces and learn to have a rational debate over the issues you might be more likely to either learn something or convince people. That is if you actually had real knowledge of the issues.
It's so funny how all the leftists claim to hate racists yet they constantly talk about their hate of "white people." You do realize don't you that saying that is a racist comment?
Basic race relations 101. Everyone in every race is an individual and everybody is different. Everybody who voted for Trump is not a racist. Maybe they realize that the truth about unemployment in the usa. Only 46% of the working age population has a job where they work at least 35 hours a week and get benefits. The other 54% are either unemployed or grossly underemployed. Since that is the case, why would you allow 30 million people to come into this country looking for work? Talk about something that would really kill the African American communties where the unemployment rate is sky high. Don't you care about the African American community you racist.
To those people who voted for Trump that are aware of those unemployment facts, it wouldn't matter if Sweden was on our border. We wouldn't want 30 million white Swedish people coming to our country either. It's common sense that if you don't have enough jobs in your country for the citizens who live there, you shouldn't let in millions more looking for work.
It has nothing to do with the color of the skin of the people who want to come here; it has everything to do with the fact that our economy doesn't supply enough jobs for the people who are already here.
In the simplistic world of the uneducated people who love to shout, name call and act violently righteous, who have been brainwashed by the leftist to believe that anyone who disagrees with open borders, let everyone in, everyone eho disagrees with them a racist. It's simple that way and appeals to the young, the righteous and the stupid.
You do know don't you that both parties are using the young leftists as tools for their own gain? They don't care about this country or the Mexican people.
The left wants them here to vote for them and the right wants them here to flood the labor market so they can keep wages low.
The right's thinking, before Trump, is that their base, the big corporations, want cheap labor. If the market is flooded with millions of people who need work, they can pay low wages and if anyone complains they fire them and hire someone who will take any work just to have a job. Why do you think George W. Bush did nothing about the illegal immigration situation when he was in power and Obama did next to nothing about it like he did with every issue? They both wanted them here for their own gain.
The left promises the immigrants that they care about them and will take care of them with welfare programs in order to get their votes.
Either way the young protesters are nothing but tools being used by both parties. They think they are righteous because they think they are fighting racists. What they really are useful idiots. They will find that out when they graduate and go out and try to find a job. Good luck paying your bills with your degree in lesbian dance theory and your job stocking shelves at Walmart.

This 100. Only thing to add to this is if these same people knew a single thing about history, they would know the Democrats started the Klan, the Democrats overwhelmingly voted against minority rights. Oh and their queen Hillary’s mentor, one Robert Byrd was a proud Klansman. Interesting how that all shakes out... but yes Muh Drumpf is a raycissssss. All the outrage with BLM about cops shooting a black thug who just got done shaking down a quicky mart owner, yet not a word about the killings on a daily basis in Chicago, a liberal stronghold w tough gun laws. But that’s black on black crime so it’s no big deal. Same with Giuliani. Everybody wants to talk shit about his muh rayciss stop and frisk policy yet murders drop... but please don’t bringing facts, as they are also raycisssss

Badfishy1

Just wanted to give you a heartfelt thank you to you and your comrades. People like yourself pushing the muh rayciss/ 6 gorillion pronoun pc rhetoric is the reason a lot of my left leaning family members voted for Trump during the 2016 election. Please keep this up as this insures a red wave coming next month. Also the black community thanks you for the fall of unemployment. True patriot you are <3

Regardless of what they project out of their face holes, shits going to change after Canada does what they do. First world countries into farming will be like hey us too, governments we pay off regularly to make laws for corporatism.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
What??? Trump is a racist?? Our PRESIDENT Donald Trump? Really. A racist?

Well, it's about time. Lord knows it's about time we get somebody in charge who will put these uppity jigaboos back in their place.

There ya go bud. There's racism for ya. Although, back in my day, we just called it having a sense of humor. My Dad called it, "You want to cry, I'll give you something to cry about". LMAO However, today, it's just another deleted post (proving my point that the world has lost it's sense of humor. Mel Brooks is dead.)

We can't afford to loose no horses, send in.......... This was shown in public movie theaters around the world and EVERYONE laughed. Blacks laughed. Whites laughed. And, yes, even the Irish.

Remember when you could laugh at yourself and others? What happened to make people become like the guy who posted the racism comment? What happened?

How did it come to this? How did it come to this?

Badfishy1

What??? Trump is a racist?? Our PRESIDENT Donald Trump? Really. A racist?

Well, it's about time. Lord knows it's about time we get somebody in charge who will put these uppity jigaboos back in their place.

There ya go bud. There's racism for ya. Although, back in my day, we just called it having a sense of humor. My Dad called it, "You want to cry, I'll give you something to cry about". LMAO However, today, it's just another deleted post (proving my point that the world has lost it's sense of humor. Mel Brooks is dead.)

We can't afford to loose no horses, send in.......... This was shown in public movie theaters around the world and EVERYONE laughed.

Remember when you could laugh at yourself and others? What happened to make people become like the guy who posted the racism comment? What happened?

How did it come to this? How did it come to this?

Liberal MSM/ Social media pushing some bullshit PC agenda. Giving everybody a fucking ‘voice’ which in turn made everybody feel like their feeeelz were most important.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Those white circles around his eyes, Is that from the face paint goggles?

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It’s funny how you open with how no one listens to name calling and you are tired of it and then write 5 paragraphs making derogatory references to everyone you disagree with. I don’t know if he is a racist, everybody probably is. He certainly is one of the biggest douchebags in US history and a true embarrassment. The only thing I am more tired of hearing about is Hillary but I understand it’s an easy thing to gloat about. My only concern is for the future my children and grandchildren will face and for that reason and that reason only I hope things change.

Shalako

Sorry, I don't watch the TV news so I must have missed it.... there is something racist about cannabis?

OK, I get it.Sorry, I didn't know.

Then..... Why the fuck did we wait. Why didn't the black racist assholes in the last administration do it.

OK, I am one of the gang, now. Sorry, I'll watch the 11:00 report and catch up on what is racist and what's not.

Thanks again for the lesson on racism.

Well put...they just blast right out about how you demand it now and it's this guys fault and not the others before him. :tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Orange is now my favorite color and that is that. If he gets another term I think he will just go in for full legal at that time.

CaptainDankness

So I take it you're the actual racist here, because there was no reason to say "white". Trump can't be too racist he just met with Kanye and he might end up legalizing weed which is supposed to be a racist law, though I think more white people are in prison for growing marijuana.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
So, you're in walmart and you see a geezer walking around with an orange face, big white circles around his eyes and he's got a scowl . It is October and getting close to halloween, Are you thinking presidential? I'm thinking - aint right.

Badfishy1

What you’re thinking doesn’t matter. He’s your president and your crying of hurr durr muh drumpfffff is actually comical. But keep pushing the moderates to the right... your safespaces are no more! Winning...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
What you’re thinking doesn’t matter. He’s your president and your crying of hurr durr muh drumpfffff is actually comical. But keep pushing the moderates to the right... your safespaces are no more! Winning...

Looks like a clown.
Talks like a clown.
Acts like a clown.

Must be a clown. Aint that right Fishy?