What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Honduras and Golden Tiger plus friends

Tangwena

Veteran
There not finished yet ha ha. I reckon theres a fare bit to go yet.
Plenty of time for disaster to strike.
For me its like surfing on a wave and I cant surf!

Night4wings20

Yeah they look like they just pistil set, at the very least a month more.

Hahaha I know what you mean.
I'm not the best surfer either, pretty good a snowboarding though! ;)

SolarLogos

This is how pot is supposed to effect you IMO no sleep just party.
Well said my friend (sorry, explanation point was supposed to go here, not on top, sorry)

Your plants look great and the strains you are growing have my mouth watering! I have to get panama on my next order! I have 3 Malawi, 3 GT and 2 Hondurans in the greenhouse; all taller than I am. I will cobbing for sure and may have to update your cob thread with pics when I harvest in a month or so. You're so passionate about the cobs and what other's have posted, I cannot wait to get on board and try them, especially chewing them.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Well said my friend (sorry, explanation point was supposed to go here, not on top, sorry)

Your plants look great and the strains you are growing have my mouth watering! I have to get panama on my next order! I have 3 Malawi, 3 GT and 2 Hondurans in the greenhouse; all taller than I am. I will cobbing for sure and may have to update your cob thread with pics when I harvest in a month or so. You're so passionate about the cobs and what other's have posted, I cannot wait to get on board and try them, especially chewing them.
Peace, God bless
My dream would be to have a green house with what you have in it my friend.
The GT and Malawi are super strong the Honduras will be like a cup of coffee I am sure. The Panama x Honduras is the best euphoric high and it comes from the Honduras side I am sure.

Those strains are fantastic but get the Panama cob cured is out this world.
Most of my friends think its the best they have smoked.
The cob cure makes the smoke really smooth and the dreamy high just lasts forever. I will be ordering some more when this grow is over they are great plants.
Chewing the aged cobs is an all day high. But I have found smokers need higher doses. I think its a tolerance thing due to smoking as non smokers get off on less.

Tangwena

Veteran
Yeah they look like they just pistil set, at the very least a month more.

Hahaha I know what you mean.
I'm not the best surfer either, pretty good a snowboarding though! ;)
Hi my friend I'm thinking at least 3 to 4 maybe more on the PuntoRojo.
These babies have their own time table they are just finishing their stretch thank god next comes the flowering.

Night4wings20

Hi my friend I'm thinking at least 3 to 4 maybe more on the PuntoRojo.
These babies have their own time table they are just finishing their stretch thank god next comes the flowering.

Hey as long as your happy with what's happening it doesn't matter on the length of time aye. Let the swell party begin! I see delicious smells and frosty colas in your future :party:

SolarLogos

My dream would be to have a green house with what you have in it my friend.
The GT and Malawi are super strong the Honduras will be like a cup of coffee I am sure. The Panama x Honduras is the best euphoric high and it comes from the Honduras side I am sure.

Those strains are fantastic but get the Panama cob cured is out this world.
Most of my friends think its the best they have smoked.
The cob cure makes the smoke really smooth and the dreamy high just lasts forever. I will be ordering some more when this grow is over they are great plants.
Chewing the aged cobs is an all day high. But I have found smokers need higher doses. I think its a tolerance thing due to smoking as non smokers get off on less.
Sorry for the late reply my friend, I just got back last night. I certainly would not have bought a greenhouse if our state had not legalized cannabis. My greenhouse is only 10x10 foot, so there is not really a lot of room. I'm allowed 6 plants at a time and the greenhouse is packed (just those 6 plants in there). I use 15 gallon smart pots and have to crawl on my hands and knees to get to most of the plants so I can feed, water, flush, or whatever. Right now, I have 3 Malawi and 3 GT's in there in mid flower. I do have 2 Hondurans outside in mid flower and about 12 oz. of Honduran that is coming up on 3 months curing. Honduran is great for a morning smoke without feeling like a wake and bake, more like a mild coffee. Cannabis works wonders on my chronic back pain, it calms me, but it does not get me high anymore, at least I'm not conscious of it. I spent a month in China 2 years ago and didn't smoke while I was there. When I returned home, I couldn't get high anymore. Since the 70's, I have only needed a toke or 2 and I could get a nice head change, even Indica gave me a nice mental high, not just body.

I thought is was just my weed, but a year and half ago, I went to a dispensary while in Washington and picked up train wreck, GG and something they called pearl scout cookies (some variation of girl scout). The train wreck and GG were supposed to be 29% and 33% thc, according to the package. I was there a week and smoked just over an 8th oz./day and still felt fairly normal. I have friends that try to get me high and they are simply amazed at how much of their extracts I can smoke and still walk away seemingly normal. So, therefore, you totally have me sold on the Panama x Honduran. I'm always looking for potency these days. I take fish oil (supposed to help) and I stopped using weed 3 days ago. I plan to take a week or two off and see if it helps. Some strains will give me some nice euphoria and I occasionally feel the pressure behind my eyes, but after 20 minutes even that is gone.

I have fresh corn husks that I put in the freezer and plan to make cobs out of the Malawi and some GT. Eating it, like you said, might just be what the doctor ordered; it may be a tolerance thing, like you mentioned. I would love to have a 10 hour sativa high!!!
It's good to chat with you my friend. I have read the entire thread on cobs (more than once). I love how passionate you are about it.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi my friend you do have a problem but you are not alone. Many people have high tolerance to pot.
When I used to smoke a lot I was the same.
Even now after not smoking for over 10 years I have to change the strain after 2 days or the same thing happens.
I try to use a different strain cob every day to keep it fresh effect wise.
I also find smokers need higher doses chewed and dont get the full effects that non smokers do.

Once you stop smoking your tolerance will slowly fade away but it does take an extraordinarily long time if you have been smoking your whole life.

I hope the cobs chewed help you they will def last longer and after a bit of experimenting you will find the right range of doses to give you the effects you are after.
Remember there is a narrow range that hit the right buttons for me its 0.2 to 0.5g for others I know its double that so experiment until you get your dosage range sorted.

YukonKronic

Sorry for the late reply my friend, I just got back last night. I certainly would not have bought a greenhouse if our state had not legalized cannabis. My greenhouse is only 10x10 foot, so there is not really a lot of room. I'm allowed 6 plants at a time and the greenhouse is packed (just those 6 plants in there). I use 15 gallon smart pots and have to crawl on my hands and knees to get to most of the plants so I can feed, water, flush, or whatever. Right now, I have 3 Malawi and 3 GT's in there in mid flower. I do have 2 Hondurans outside in mid flower and about 12 oz. of Honduran that is coming up on 3 months curing. Honduran is great for a morning smoke without feeling like a wake and bake, more like a mild coffee. Cannabis works wonders on my chronic back pain, it calms me, but it does not get me high anymore, at least I'm not conscious of it. I spent a month in China 2 years ago and didn't smoke while I was there. When I returned home, I couldn't get high anymore. Since the 70's, I have only needed a toke or 2 and I could get a nice head change, even Indica gave me a nice mental high, not just body.

I thought is was just my weed, but a year and half ago, I went to a dispensary while in Washington and picked up train wreck, GG and something they called pearl scout cookies (some variation of girl scout). The train wreck and GG were supposed to be 29% and 33% thc, according to the package. I was there a week and smoked just over an 8th oz./day and still felt fairly normal. I have friends that try to get me high and they are simply amazed at how much of their extracts I can smoke and still walk away seemingly normal. So, therefore, you totally have me sold on the Panama x Honduran. I'm always looking for potency these days. I take fish oil (supposed to help) and I stopped using weed 3 days ago. I plan to take a week or two off and see if it helps. Some strains will give me some nice euphoria and I occasionally feel the pressure behind my eyes, but after 20 minutes even that is gone.

I have fresh corn husks that I put in the freezer and plan to make cobs out of the Malawi and some GT. Eating it, like you said, might just be what the doctor ordered; it may be a tolerance thing, like you mentioned. I would love to have a 10 hour sativa high!!!
It's good to chat with you my friend. I have read the entire thread on cobs (more than once). I love how passionate you are about it.
Peace, God bless

I also have pretty ridiculous tolerance. I used to smoke a quarter in a sit down and be the only one who could get up and move on with his day. GT and Zam have been a Godsend. I found that mixing it up amongst distinctly different herbs and terp profiles helps but I really mean DIFFERENT not a bunch of NL or Skunk inbred crosses.
Some days when I need something more I switch to herb from a completely different part of the world than I've been smoking and it usually shifts brain chemistry enough to make a difference. Edibles are again a useful shift but often a MUCH more "involved" experience and can be difficult to function coherently on without careful dose calibration.

Also play with harvest times and as you already planned: cures. Both of these are very underrated factors in final quality and can really change how you perceive your herbs.

YukonKronic

I don't think I've ever been high for 10 hours from herb unless I kept smoking it thru the day... however I gave my wife a gob of BHO made with some Sooooooper intense Zam trimmings and larf. She ate a little piece the size of a large pea. She was then couch bound the entire evening until bed; flying like hell and beyond reach to be contacted :biggrin:.
I did warn her...
She woke up stoned next morning and was freaked out all morning at work. Oops. Lol thank god she could handle it and did her job well (as usual :comfort:). She won't eat oils or anything on weeknights anymore though.:moon:

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama x Honduras,Mulanji and PuntoRojo/ColJam

Panama x Honduras,Mulanji and PuntoRojo/ColJam

A small update this grow I used a different brand of nutes on this grow and paid the penalty for not being tuned in to their use with the plants growing faster and bigger than I had seen using the previous brand.
The 3 Golden Tigers #3 version have had to be taken out it was a hard decision to make I can tell you. But they had reached nearly 2m tall even after bending and were not even near flowering.
So they were just too big to handle with all the others in there that were flowering.
Its why I prefer fem seeds but it is what it is and I move on.

The Panama A22 x Honduras is at the back and about 1.5m tall.
The good thing is its almost a carbon copy of the plant I grew last grow and showing lots of bud sites and the start of another huge cola like the last one I grew.
I am so happy as this plant has one of the best highs I have come across in a long time. I will take a few clones to grow again.

The second Panama Diosa x Honduras is alone as the other Diosa x Honduras turned out male.
This plant is nothing like the A22 cross and has huge fat leaves and a very fat stalk. It has only just started preflowers so I cant comment much on its smell ect.

The furthest along in flowering are the plants in front in the photos.
The Mulanji x ThaiTanic and the PuntoRojo x ColJam both of which I have had to top. Luckily the tops have started growing roots after i planted them in the same soil as the plants without cloning gel or anything!

The Mulanji is a cross I made myself with the only male I had on hand. Luckily a good friend has supplied some Mulanji male pollen so I have lightly dusted a few buds to get some better seeds.

Still a long way to go but at least it looks like I will have some buds to work with at the end of it all.
Next grow a lot less nutes even though this grow was below the minimum recommended by Canna.

picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
I don't think I've ever been high for 10 hours from herb unless I kept smoking it thru the day... however I gave my wife a gob of BHO made with some Sooooooper intense Zam trimmings and larf. She ate a little piece the size of a large pea. She was then couch bound the entire evening until bed; flying like hell and beyond reach to be contacted :biggrin:.
I did warn her...
She woke up stoned next morning and was freaked out all morning at work. Oops. Lol thank god she could handle it and did her job well (as usual :comfort:). She won't eat oils or anything on weeknights anymore though.:moon:
Yes tolerance is a variable thing I get high very easily from my cobs but others especially heavy smokers dont when chewed.
I smoked for over 40 years and it took me at least a year to clear my system to the point that now I trip very easily on chewed cob but find smoking extremely distasteful and the high very polluted and I dont like it any more.
But when I did smoke I obviously liked it ha ha or I wouldn't have smoked for so long.
Its just I have changed as I got older as you have to or you end up dead from smoking. Now I enjoy the long lasting tranquil more energetic and clear type of highs I get from chewing cob.
My friends who still smoke enjoy the same cobs in a joint for the different highs and smooth smoke they produce if done correctly of course.

YukonKronic

Damn I'm glad I ran into this whole Icmag thing. I'm pretty sure I'll keep smoking for a while but in the end I'll be eating it to save my own lungs too. And now I know where I can learn how to cob it so it's true space candy.:tiphat:

Good to have "met" you Tang!

Ncali

Veteran
Hey tang.

I am really excited to hear about your pan x hon and tiki x hon. I did the haze x hon and the terps were OUTSTANDING. These two sounded like beautiful Latin American weed of the highest order. Love it. I too have a couple packs in the vault, they will get popped some day (hopefully soon). I really like the look of your room sir. I've yet to try cobs, it requires some gear I dont have. It very much sounds like an experience right up my alley. Outside of icmag, I've never even heard it mentioned. Love this place.

Nc

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey tang.

I am really excited to hear about your pan x hon and tiki x hon. I did the haze x hon and the terps were OUTSTANDING. These two sounded like beautiful Latin American weed of the highest order. Love it. I too have a couple packs in the vault, they will get popped some day (hopefully soon). I really like the look of your room sir. I've yet to try cobs, it requires some gear I dont have. It very much sounds like an experience right up my alley. Outside of icmag, I've never even heard it mentioned. Love this place.Nc

The Honduras must be a good plant as everything it touches turns to gold.
I agree this A22 Panama x Honduras is pretty much the perfect plant and the perfect high for me.
So I can understand your love of anything with it in.
As usual there is just too much to sample coming from Ace, all those you mentioned would be on my to do list if I had more space.
Do yourself a favor as we Australians like to say and try cob curing some of Aces sativas.
Simple drying and jar curing does not do them justice in the slightest in my humble opinion.

Get a good cob of anything from them but especially the sativa types and it will convert you for ever.
In the meantime I'm planning on getting my hands on more of these especially the fem version.
Knowing its a female will let me really go to town with training and get a fat harvest which in turn means fat cobs and they are the best cobs.

Its only in the west that its not well known they have been doing it in central Africa for centuries not with vacuum sealers of course but there were many other methods used to provide a low oxygen environment for the fermentation and cure.
We are playing catch up big time.

Tangwena

Veteran
Damn I'm glad I ran into this whole Icmag thing. I'm pretty sure I'll keep smoking for a while but in the end I'll be eating it to save my own lungs too. And now I know where I can learn how to cob it so it's true space candy.:tiphat:

Good to have "met" you Tang!
Likewise my friend its great to meet other people with the same obsessions isn't it.

I dont feel so alone ha ha.
Just way to high on P x H cob man this stuff just gets stronger as it ages love it.

Ncali

Veteran
I have so so so many planned projects tangwena. And then you go and talk about this p x h and t x h. The gh x H was seriously the strongest/loudest terps I've grown, and they were lovely. I normally dont grab for the "loud" strains. I go for the sativa/tropical lineages, it's nice that this is both. Honduras has something special in it, by all accounts. I have a couple straight honduras packs, maybe I'll get lucky with a really smelly male.

Now I want to put two parental searches and seed runs on hold to run these fucking pxh and txh packs. Lmao. Being a seed-hoe really can be a son-of-a-gun. Too many beans, not enough light cycles.

:tiphat:
NC

Tangwena

Veteran
I have so so so many planned projects tangwena. And then you go and talk about this p x h and t x h. The gh x H was seriously the strongest/loudest terps I've grown, and they were lovely. I normally dont grab for the "loud" strains. I go for the sativa/tropical lineages, it's nice that this is both. Honduras has something special in it, by all accounts. I have a couple straight honduras packs, maybe I'll get lucky with a really smelly male.

Now I want to put two parental searches and seed runs on hold to run these fucking pxh and txh packs. Lmao. Being a seed-hoe really can be a son-of-a-gun. Too many beans, not enough light cycles.

:tiphat:
NC
Oh but you will be so happy you did brother.
The person I become on that cob is so cock sure and cool. Its everything I always wanted to be and never was.
Now I am and its too bloody late to take full advantage of it ha ha.

The A22 Panama x Honduras I have going is sending me signals that its going to be something extra special just like the last one I grew.
Its just starting to bloom like crazy just like the last one.

I had some 9 month old Malawi x Ethiopian cob today.
Dubi really missed the mark on this one. He said he was aiming for a kinder feel to the Malawi high.

Everytime I try this it knocks me for six its just as strong as GT and theres nothing kind about that either ha ha.

The aroma when I sniffed some dry cob was amazing.
I sniffed deeply because its not a stinky weed.
First menthol hit me floral menthol then a patchouli type incense at the end.

By the time my brain had processed that aroma there was no way I wasn't going to try it ha ha.
Sheep in wolfs clothing man kicks you right into another dimension and its not smooth sailing either ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Its a Jungle in there

Its a Jungle in there

Another update on the explosion in the box.
Despite the stella growth my new nutes created which has been a huge problem I will get some nice buds come harvest.
My next grow I will switch back to the old nutes though even in very low doses these Canna nutes have way to much grow juice in them.
The House and Garden nutes I used before were much more flower orientated and growth slower.

First up the Panama Diosa x Honduras which is the most robust and huge of the lot. This would be a lovely plant outside I am sure as would have been the Golden Tigers but in my small 1mtr x 1mtr box way to big especially with these nutes.
She had passed the light and was heading for the roof so I bent the top over into a vacant corner to slow her down.
She has started to flower nicely but has a long way to go.
The lower branches are now coming into their own and starting to take over the flowering job.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php