What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Haze x Malawi REG

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I hope so, I smoke like a damn chimney :biggrin:

Let's hope I have enough Tikal left (something like 300g) until harvest though... I still have a bit of Malawi x PCK and a little bud of Snow Moon but I decided to stay away from them for the time being.

Ncali

Veteran
10/14 earlier could knock down the yield potential a bit, but will speed up your harvest date by a week or so. Some of the haziest grils may not affect the harvest date much at all, sometimes it speeds it up 1-2 weeks.

Girls look great, still havent tried this cultivar. I liked what green haze x Honduras had to offer, id probably like this girl for sure. Maybe even a nice daddy in this pool.

deepwaterdude

One vote for waiting;) Let 'em get nice and established, maybe when the first hairs start turning, then drop by half hour every month/3 weeks. Nothing drastic;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Week 8:

Leaves started to lose some colours, so I gave them some food. After all, they haven't got any since what I gave them at transplant October 30th so I started that PK compost tea full dose last Saturday. Going to take some time for bacteria's and mycorrhiza to mineralize the food but I'll find out soon enough how they respond to that tea.

They are still throwing some crazy spears above canopy, let's hope those branches fill up with nice colas full of flowers :). The stretch is real ^^

Some pictures, I think I'm getting there with that colours balance thingy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GHxM_S52-2019_01.jpg
    GHxM_S52-2019_01.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 20
  • P 20160829 113635[1]
    P 20160829 113635[1]
    94.9 KB · Views: 32
  • GHxM_S52-2019_03.jpg
    GHxM_S52-2019_03.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 17
  • GHxM_S52-2019_04.jpg
    GHxM_S52-2019_04.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 19

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Benoit,

What a jungle! :) The burn tips and leaf curling upwards is a sign of overfeeding,
i would flush her in upcoming waterings, stop feeding with NPK and feed gently with micronutrients until the overfeeding is fixed and the streching is over.

Looking great so far and under control :yes:
Best wishes for the rest of flowering, and to you and yours for 2020! ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hi dubi,

When I looked yesterday evening, it looked more like a K deficiency than overfeeding. Older leaves are turning pale and tips are turning rusty and burnt. Branching is increasing and it looks like flowering is diminishing as well (i.e. crazy spears with little to none calyx/pistils).

P excess and K deficiency kinda look the same except more yellow for the later. I mean, there wouldn't be yellow in those rusty leaves, I'd agree with you but as they turned crazy yellow since last pictures, I'm not so sure it's overfeeding...

I'll try to make pictures tonight when the light turns on, hopefully, I'll have enough time to make them before the HPS turns orange/red.

Irie day to you :)

Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
attachment.php

attachment.php

You might actually be right... Damn, and I have Compost Tea bubbling in progress right now. I wonder if I can freeze it once it's done since it has to be used 4 hours max after it's done. Bacteria and shrooms don't die freezing right? They just go dormant if I recall correctly, am I right?

So much about "you can't overdo compost tea" in the notice...

Attachments

• P1010327.jpg
    P1010327.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010332.jpg
    P1010332.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
10 weeks today, running at 10.5/13.5 for like a week or so.

Attachments

• GHxM_S02-2020_05.jpg
    GHxM_S02-2020_05.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 18
  • GHxM_S02-2020_04.jpg
    GHxM_S02-2020_04.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 14
  • GHxM_S02-2020_03.jpg
    GHxM_S02-2020_03.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 12
  • GHxM_S02-2020_02.jpg
    GHxM_S02-2020_02.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 14
  • GHxM_S02-2020_01.jpg
    GHxM_S02-2020_01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Oh geez, just tasted a dried sample I broke when I cleaned dead leaves... That hazy taste I got on first puff, wow, that was just amazing :)

Can't wait to bring them down and I don't think I'll even wait for amber trichs.

As I decided to take them gently to final maturation, since first pistils started to turn brown, they have been two weeks at 10:30/13:30 and now two other weeks at 10:15/13:30 before finishing the last days at 10/14.

13th week will start next Monday but I suspect those hazy girls will need more than that. According to Ace, harvest window is 13-16 for this one but I hope she won't need another 4 weeks because that Tikal stock is going down fast as fuck...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Most of the times less is more when feeding this kind of tropical sativas. It works best with a conservative feeding approach, starting gently and increading until they are growing with a healthy balance so they can develop slowly at their own rhythm, but don't force to do things through a strong feeding.

It's also very important to make sure the water and ph is always correct during their whole and long life cycle, and that they feel happy from the start in the soil mix they are growing at.

Glad to hear first pistils are starting to turn brown and that early smoke tests are promising and hazy ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hi Dubi,

Regarding feeding, what I use is a slow releasing conservative approach as you suggest. Biotabs fertilizers basically provide them with organic soil additives and slow releasling food composed of:
- Bacterias including 6 strains of bacillus, trichoderma fungi and actinomycete
- Mycorrhiza spores from 9 different strains: Glomus claroideus, Glomus etunicatum, Glomus clarum, Glomus sp., Glomus microaggregatum, Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus geosporum and Entrophospora colombiana genus
- Rich humus produced from partially decomposed juiced grapes contraining large quantity of bacteria, as well as silicon and fluvic acid (NPK 3-1-2)
- Fertilizer at transplant composed of alfalfa meal, mixed molasses, kali vinasse, silicon oxide and rock dust as a basis for available micronutrients (NPK 5-1-5 + balanced quantities of Zn, Cu, Ca, Mn, Mg, S, Si and Fe).
- Slow releasing tablets composed of slow-acting nitrogen, natural humic acids and beneficial soil bacteria (NPK 15-7-8)

Also, I don't need to adjust pH with those inputs. Just aerated tap water and I'm good to go.

I just added some PK compost tea at some point (twice, I didn't throw the last one away which was aerating when you warned me about overfertilization), but I'll refrain from using it for those kind of strains. Zamaldelica was made with exactly the same food and it worked great too, only my Zamal/Thai pheno would have made it better under 11/13 - 10/14 as well. I suspect the Killer A5 will like that compost tea a lot though :)

Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Week 13, some picture with light off. I frickin love stretchy sativa :)

Trichomes are still clear.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010356.jpg
    P1010356.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010358.jpg
    P1010358.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010360.jpg
    P1010360.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 17

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Some pictures from last night, just finished post processing.

Almost 14 weeks, some trichomes started turning milky. I guess one more week or so? Ovaries are starting to swell as well. I hope they won't need full 16 weeks, my patience is running out ^^

As I felt my Tikal stock running out last week (and it's ran out alright now...), I dried some samples from a broken branch. I wanted to grow haze since my first ever indoor run with Zamaldelica and I'm kinda proud of my first try. Love that smell and taste already :)

Attachments

• GHxM_S06-2020_05.jpg
    GHxM_S06-2020_05.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 14
  • GHxM_S06-2020_04.jpg
    GHxM_S06-2020_04.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 13
  • GHxM_S06-2020_03.jpg
    GHxM_S06-2020_03.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 12
  • GHxM_S06-2020_02.jpg
    GHxM_S06-2020_02.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 16
  • GHxM_S06-2020_01.jpg
    GHxM_S06-2020_01.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 13

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Dubi, did you send this strain for cannabinoids and terpenes analysis back when it was still available?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

We haven't had the chance yet to bring Green Haze x Malawi limited edition to the lab for analyses but you can expect a very similar cannabinoid profile and content compared with Purple Haze x Malawi catalog strain. The terpene profile may vary a bit compared with PHM, as Green Haze and Purple Haze have many terpenes in common, but also some differences.

I have heard very good comments about biotabs organic fertilizers, maybe i should give a try to Kee's feeding products soon. You are right, the extra PK works great in advanced flowering with the more tamed and hungry sativa hybrids like Killer A5 Haze or Zamaldelica fem, but the very tropical less tamed like Zamaldelica regular Zamal/Thai phenos or this Green Haze x Malawi prefer a more gentle feeding approach. When feeding problems start to appear, it's very important to check continuously the ph until the problem is fixed.

Regarding her maturation, looks like she is producing a new reflowering in your latest pics, so if you ask me i would let her mature 2-3 weeks more.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Yeah, I figured as much. No wonder it gets me to sleep quite easy given how much myrcene she got (I heard it has sedative properties).
We haven't had the chance yet to bring Green Haze x Malawi limited edition to the lab for analyses but you can expect a very similar cannabinoid profile and content compared with Purple Haze x Malawi catalog strain. The terpene profile may vary a bit compared with PHM, as Green Haze and Purple Haze have many terpenes in common, but also some differences.

Holy crap, that long? Well, some trichomes started turning milky but not much so no wonder... Looks like she will need full 16 weeks then. I lowered day time to 9 hours since last Monday, shouldn't affect yield that much at this point but maybe she'll mature faster. My stock is dry as fuck (now that I think of it, I have like 1g of Snow Moon and Malawi x PCK combined left) so I cut some lower branches for drying. When I rate how much my weed actually costs me, soil/input/elec/water included and I find out it's like 0.5-1€/g, it becomes inconceivable to buy shit on the streets at horrible price... so yeah, I'd rather sacrifice a bit of that harvest and dry some early and I'm certainly not disappointed. Another keeper for sure, even if her long internodal space makes her a pain in the ass to manage as mother plant.
Regarding her maturation, looks like she is producing a new reflowering in your latest pics, so if you ask me i would let her mature 2-3 weeks more.