What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Very nice run.
I bet the final product it´s going to be a pleasant one.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Writing this after trying the lowers on the indoor hazey pheno. The effect is exactly what you would expect, 60% Purple Haze / 40% Malawi. Its very clear, positive, creative, motivated and psychedelic, but more paralyzingly penetrating and heavier than the Purple Haze. There's a nearly rhythmic "wah" of energy, which is definitely the Malawi side. I often say hazes put your mind into one, but this goes on from there, continually reminding you that you're in that haze. It tastes like a more hazey (sandalwood / incense / oily wood) version of Pure Purple Haze, the blackberry liquor flavor / smell still carried over and made for a really nice taste and bouquet.

Tried the outdoor Malawi-ish pheno. It's much more "Africanish" and energetic than the indoor hazey pheno lowers are. The effect builds over about 10 minutes similar to other Malawi I have had. At first you're dazed a bit (purple haze influence) and soon you're sitting at the top of the roller coaster, quickly rushing into a strong, very psychedelic and semi hallucinogenic ride. I was sitting there, staring at a few rows of planted trees, which looked to me like a pop up book - each row of trees was somehow two dimensional with space between them before the next row. The sky was a continually moving background of clouds throughout. The cross is remarkably awake and clear however. I didn't realize I was as high as I was until I tried to explain what I was seeing to a friend who quickly began laughing at me for the "pop up book" description of the world.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Wow all that from a bag of Happy Frog and some calmag. Nice job Terpene it really sounds delicious.
Your looks really beautiful too Phrenos, great job!
So nice to see such beautifully grown plants.

Phrenos

I harvest few days ago the whole plant, a branch shortly before.
I tried a few buds and more or less dry
A good effect The effect is very energetic up, your eyes become xenon
and turn night into day, up all the time XDD very high flights

Terpene

Veteran
In the process of moving plants around yesterday, I managed to break a top cola off one of the branches of the Purple Haze x Malawi. The plant is so tall that it clipped the door frame, despite being carried 2 inches off the ground. Oh well, good test of the smoke at 16.5 weeks. Here's a shot of it today, its shrank a bit from yesterday, but you get the idea..

picture.php

It's probably the biggest yielding plant I've ever run, and its a haze cross. Keep in mind that this plant is only under a 240w led, in soil.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
damn terp- thats even more impressive if that bud and pic in your album was grown under a 240 watter.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
In the process of moving plants around yesterday, I managed to break a top cola off one of the branches of the Purple Haze x Malawi. The plant is so tall that it clipped the door frame, despite being carried 2 inches off the ground. Oh well, good test of the smoke at 16.5 weeks. Here's a shot of it today, its shrank a bit from yesterday, but you get the idea..

View Image

It's probably the biggest yielding plant I've ever run, and its a haze cross. Keep in mind that this plant is only under a 240w led, in soil.

Loving it Terpene. That is impressive for an OTH hybrid of any sort, especially given the wattage.

I wanted to post up a couple pictures of mine in early flower...hope you don't mind.

picture.php

picture.php

It does look like it will well out yield the Purple Haze Thai.

Terpene

Veteran
Loving it Terpene. That is impressive for an OTH hybrid of any sort, especially given the wattage.

I wanted to post up a couple pictures of mine in early flower...hope you don't mind.

View Image

View Image

It does look like it will well out yield the Purple Haze Thai.

That thing is going to get sooooo much bigger than it is right now! :biggrin: Prepare for awesome amounts of stretch for the next month.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
That thing is going to get sooooo much bigger than it is right now! :biggrin: Prepare for awesome amounts of stretch for the next month.

Yep, that's what I'm afraid of. I will be bending, binding, etc. along the way because I've only got maybe another 6" up top before my lights at the ceiling.

Terpene

Veteran
Hooray for accidental crosses! :biggrin:

As I was trying some of the buds I cut early from the hazey pheno, I noticed that I have a few nicely developed seeds. The Napalm (fire og x destroyer) pollen used on the Orient Express must have brushed up against the Purple Haze x Malawi. Should make for a very high yielding, frosty cross.

bigherb

Veteran
Terpene

Amazing as always ,the ladies are beautiful

I appreciate the details of your grow an the comparison to PH .Seems Dubi did a great job mating the malawi

You really got me itchin to get my hands on these ,From reports of flavors to effects its all wat i love in my jar

Im posted for a proper finish an definely looking forward to a cured smoke report

U.H.N

Still killin it

Your lady is lookin sexy aswell ,Id look forward to her progress

Best wishes to you both

1luvbigherb

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks again Terpene for your detailed descriptions and frequent updates, it's a pleasure to see the new Purple Haze Malawi so well grown and finished indoors and outdoors :yes:

Purple Haze 23 and killer Malawi are two of the best sativa parental plants we keep in our mother room and i had the intuition that the cross between this 2 parental plants would produce a very interesting outcome with the potential to be one of the strongest sativa hybrids we have ever released.

Haze was consider a super sativa but lacked of african element. Haze doesn't contain african genetics as far as we know.

A real super sativa hybrid should also contain a good dose of great african sativa genetics, that's why we are exploring the haze x african hybrid route, i think is the way to restore the original sativa fire and vigour of the old inbred pure haze lines and bring the super sativa to a new level.

Thank you very much Phrenos for share your amazing Purple Haze Malawi pics with ACE and the rest of the people here ;) Please, let us know what do you think of her flowers after a bit of drying and curing.

Purple Haze Malawi feminized will be officially released this year, stock is low so if you are interested i would recommend you to get her before we run out of stock.

Phrenos

Since I've been testing some of their flowers,, with a little curing (3 weeks+-) is enjoying much,the smell when you open the pot like liquor in a wooden barrel,hoping to better describe the taste later.As for effect I have to say that is clean and powerful while still quite friendly

Terpene

Veteran
At just under 20 weeks, my Purple Haze x Malawi is finally finished. A few branches bolted on me and started throwing more pistils - a sign that this one would really benefit from the 11/13 light schedule. I'm a little disappointed that I never got the purple color that the outdoor pheno did. My indoor temps have been steadily at 16-17C at night so it must need colder temps for color, probably below 13C. You can really see the haze influence in this pheno, but the Malawi definitely helped to thicken the plant up. The cola at the top left of the first image is roughly the size of a soda can for a size reference.

picture.php

Average branch structure.
picture.php

One of the large top colas, very Malawi looking..
picture.php

Here's a smaller lower branch, looks just like my original haze..
picture.php

What haze cross would be complete without ridiculous foxtailing?
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
and finally, a macro of an individual foxtail
picture.php

The lower smoke at 16.5 weeks is phenomenal stuff, I think I like it even better than the Pure Purple Haze which I have been hoarding since I took it down at the beginning of last year. I can tell you one things for sure, the trim is going to make for some AWESOME chocolate chip cookies! Dubi, thanks as always - the selection / breeding is fantastic. These 2 plants are just 2 random seeds run to completion, no selection on this end whatsoever.

bigherb

Veteran
Terpene

Patients is a virtue ,Im sure the wait will be worth it .

From your descriptions im not sure which pheno id like better both sound amazing

I look forward to a cured smoke report an Bud shots in the future

Much Respect brother

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts