What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

7 million billion gazillion dollar grow busted

G

Massachusetts man bought pot house
Police confiscated $7 million in plants

By Walter Alarkon
Monitor staff
November 07. 2006 8:00AM

A
Massachusetts man last month bought the Epsom house where the police found nearly $7 million in marijuana plants Thursday, according to public records.

The man, identified as Chamber Tran of Revere, Mass., bought the tan, ranch-style house at 35 Woodcote Drive on Oct. 23, according to the deed. The police said they found nearly 1,400 marijuana plants in the house's basement last week. They also found growing materials and equipment - fertilizer, lights, buckets, fans, sump pumps and electrical cords - worth about $200,000. It was the largest single seizure of marijuana plants in New Hampshire's history, said Sgt. Ellen Arcieri of the New Hampshire State Police.

The police have yet to make any arrests in connection with the raid, Epsom Police Chief Wayne Preve said.

A phone call to a number listed under Tran's name went to an answering machine for the Lenox, Mass., Chamber of Commerce. Chamber member John Catalano said he'd never heard of Tran.

Tran bought the house for $430,000 and took out a $344,000 mortgage, the records said.
---ADVERTISEMENT---

David Menard, the previous owner, said he only met the homebuyer once, for less than 10 minutes, to close the sale. Tran was dropped off in a car and also rode with the Realtor when Tran came to Epsom, Menard said.

"It was kind of interesting," said Menard, who owns a Hooksett painting company. "I thought my Realtor had said he had a flooring business in the basement. . . . I run a business, and I don't think I could see how I could operate a business 60 miles away."

Since the bust, Menard has had to tell people that he's already moved to Pittsfield.

"It's unbelievable," he said. "I could see it, though. You've got to find inconspicuous places to do that kind of business so you don't get caught, like a house in a rural setting. We felt bad about the neighbors but also kind of happy they got caught right away."

The police found the plants thanks to a neighbor who lost her power. Jessica Towne, also of Woodcote Drive, said she lost electricity at her house Wednesday night, prompting her to call her power company, Unitil. The company found Tran's house was draining power from the neighborhood, and it told the police, she said.

The police searched the house Thursday and found the plants and the equipment in the basement and in closets.

Menard's Realtor, John MacGilvary, said he couldn't talk about the sale, because he had received a subpoena. MacGilvary acknowledged he was surprised by the news.

"In a way, it's kind of neat, but it's kind of sad at the same time that this kind of stuff is happening here in New Hampshire," he said.

the end

wow if 1400 plants are worth 7 million that must mean my 14 plants are worth
$70,000, fucking awesome, now i can get me a ferrari

G

valued at 5000 a plant... this is comical yet sad.

More disinformation from those on war with drugs.

Budless

Maistre said:
valued at 5000 a plant... this is comical yet sad.

More disinformation from those on war with drugs.

If only... Everybody on this site would be rich and/or seeds would cost 10 times the amount they do now.

Z10N

"The police found the plants thanks to a neighbor who lost her power. Jessica Towne, also of Woodcote Drive, said she lost electricity at her house Wednesday night, prompting her to call her power company, Unitil. The company found Tran's house was draining power from the neighborhood, and it told the police, she said."

power drainage always takes you down.. gotta keep it safe.

I'm pretty much no one when it comes to growing and all, but i read this site a lot and it seems like 99% of the busts have something to do with the power ussage, either being stolen or just using to much. its crazy how when you get THAT big that its not the smell or anything like that that gets you but the power drain.

G

i'm a newbie too, but I gotta agree.

seems like if you keep your mouth shut and pay for the electricity you use your pretty much safe unless you get greedy.

i feel sad, but also grateful for all the people who have blazed these trails and allowed others to learn from their mistakes.

hope he gets out soon and tones it down a notch.

Too lazy to go back and re-read it but i am pretty sure it said no one has been arressted yet. which is even crazier, imagine being that guy! havin to look over your shoulder all day. i'd high tail it way outa here, i hope he knew the gig was up early on.

Ganico

Veteran
Seems like to me he was using a fake name. They said his name was,"Chamber Tran" and his "phone number" was the number for the Chamber Of Commerce. And they haven't found any "Chamber Tran" yet they say, maybe he's with "Court Fin", and "Townhall Hub". He was somewhat crafty, just not with electrical knowledge.

G

How the "F" can they come in over power? In the U.S. power consumption is not right to search! If I run too much, are they gonna come knocking on my door, even though I have the power consumption under my total amperage allowance??? Thats fucked up!

Of course I PAY for my power, but jebus...

Last edited:

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
...if that dude was going to go big time....he should have spent his money..on a welding shop...Lots of power use expected...

D

dankbudz

should have just got a new 75k generator..it would pay for its self.

when you shut everyone else in the neighborhood power out. they will come knocking. shit you never this lady could have been growin herself and he shut her lights down and she called to find out whats up?? just a thought

70s_PotHead

My question is if he only had the house for a month how can he already have 7 million worth of plants. Hell it would take a month just to set up a system to grow 1400 plants...dosent add up too me :chin:

70s :joint:

G

70s_PotHead said:
My question is if he only had the house for a month how can he already have 7 million worth of plants. Hell it would take a month just to set up a system to grow 1400 plants...dosent add up too me :chin:

70s :joint:

Probably had his ez cloner fired up and found an additional 1300 seeds and got a little creative with the math.

Latest posts

Latest posts