What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PH burn

Dirty

basically, i just want some confirmation from a few other people that it looks like ph burn.

long story short, didnt recalibrate my ph pen for 6 weeks, kinda embarrassing.
after i calibrated it i realized just how off it was.

was wanting to know tho what everyone keeps their rockwool at. i've been tryin to keep mine at 5.5-5.8, but the res water is almost always at 5.8

what should i be aiming for???

any help appreciated.

sproutco

Veteran
I was just curious what you are feeding these? How much and how often? You said your ph has been off. Too high or low?

Dirty

feeding GH floranutes 1/2 str, every feeding so far. ph was way too high, basically cause my pen was off, when i calibrated it the 5.8 jumped to 7.1.

5.5-5.8 is the correct ph range i'm looking to get for rockwool tho correct?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
ph issues and nturient burn, there is no such thing as ph burn. Its nutrient burn and im sure ph has caused worse cnoditions from over feeding

flush your plants and replace the water with proper ph and nutrients

what ppms is your system right now?

sproutco

Veteran
per gallon of water. Use half strength till the plants get larger then increase.

GH's baseline Flora Series, the 3 bottles, green purple and red, (different from Flora Nova series) veg formula
GH 15grow, 10micro, 5bloom
211 n
46 p
263 k
40 mg

Dirty

the GH feeding schedule someone sent me said for veg, grow-12.5,micro-7.5, bloom-2.5, and i've only been feeding them at half of that.

i'm unsure of my ppm because i have yet to buy a ppm pen =(

i would imagine this has just been caused by the ph being off for such a period of time.

thanks for all the input guys, i'll see if i cant get it straightened out.
take care,
Dirty

Dirty

tonight plants are looking better, growth is taking off again. from here out i guess i'm recalibrating my pen every week, heheh.

still nobody has answered my question as to what i should keep my res ph at for my rockwool. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts