What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All settled for the winter...

...should have a nice little hobby harvest in about 4 weeks; just in time for the holidays including a nice 3 week cure!

First try at this strain - Northern Lights from Female seeds. 2 out of 4 seeds germed and both were females. One is definately going to yield more but the other is smelling fruitier where as the larger one has more of a pine odor to it, very nice nonetheless. I took clones of both just in case I wanna keep it through the winter and save it for summer, outdoors.

These are at 4 weeks 12/12 under a 400W HPS in my new cab, vented with a 6" Vortex through a custom made 36" tall carbon scrubber, which removes all odors and vents through the top.

As a hobby grower, I do a lot of experimenting for future "tightness." I am doing these babies in 1 gal pots just for fun. I don't think transplanting them halfway through flower will be a good idea. I always flush my soil halfway through flower and feed only SWEET with ever watering from there on out until harvest - yields a much smoother, tastier and lip smacking good buddage.

Here is a clone from the fruity pheno in a waterfarm, being fed 500ppm FloraNova Grow - pH 5.6 - lighting is a 6500K Fluorex in a little veg cab I made the other night after a night of drinking. Yup, I get creative more when I'm drunk than when I'm stoned, don't ask me why.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice lookin girls! cant wait to hear how it smokes! thats how its done in the AK baby!

S

stretchpuppy

You better flower in that waterfarm else you're wasting space, esp. if it's just for veg.

Your buds looks very tasty.

Thanks Subrob

Stretch- This clone will be a future mother only, that is why I made a special little veg cab just for the waterfarm. However, I have used waterfarms just for vegging, as the plants just get so much bigger, faster in them than in soil. I have had real good luck doing grow that way in teh past.

S

stretchpuppy

yeah i hear ya... those farms do grow bushes... FAST

but they flower huge trees too. :)

anyway not dissin, those buds look delicious.

Well I'm pissed -

These feminised plants both started producing seeds - no male flowers present.

Oh well, only a few more weeks to go - there's worse to be had than a killer harvest with a few seeds...ya know?

Here they are at week 6 12/12 - my test kit tells me that all the N has been used up in the soil so now they are working on using up all their remaing macro and micro nutrients as they are only being fed pH adjusted tap water and SWEET ~ 200ppm total with 135ppm as CaCO3.

Trichs are at 50% clear, 40% opaque and about 10% amber; two to three more weeks, me thinks.

There's only five or six seeds, SubRob - hopefully they will mature intime for harvest so I can germ them for Spring, outdoors.