What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scanning Electron Microscope shots of Cannabis

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scanning electron microscope images were saved from a post by Erick over at OG.

Enjoy!

Cross section of leaf

Leaf surface; 3 trichomes

Xylem tissue

Leaf surface; trichome and spike hair

Trichome; gland has been popped

Root and root hairs

stomate; air exchange pore on lower leaf surface

Trichome

pistilate flower

pistilate flower possibly fertilized

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabis pollen

Junction of pistils and calyx

pistil close up

pistilate flower

Branch crotch

How about a few non electron microscope shots while I'm at it.

split seed showing embryo and cotyledons

trichome

pistilate flower

cross section of leaf showing stomata on underside

leaf petiole cross sec.

trichome

Fertilized flower

pistil up close

mature unfertilized pistil

leaf cross sec.

you know.....

G

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

ohh wow, this is amazing. Like what I would expect from an issue of INTERNATIONAL CANNAGRAPHIC!

I love my meds i got growing so much that now when I look under their leaves and think about their little mouths (stomate whatever) I will imagine them saying

HHHHEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Or

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYOOOOO!

bitchin photography. wow.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
That is very revealing, pipeline! It just shows you how close all living organisms really are. IMO.

Peace, Desi........

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx everyone, i really love these shots, I should have posted them sooner. One of the things that amazed me when i first saw these was the pistils. They are just a bunch of little fiber tubes waiting to catch a pollen grain which will then germinate and grow a tube down the pistil. These plants have a lot going on.......fun stuff.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
in twenty years around this plant have never seen anything like that. thanks for the education!

G

ty pipeline for sharing....truely awesome!! i think these pics could go a long way in helping new growers understand a little better what they are working with.....and for those of us who already know the "parts", thats some high class art......bd