What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

potatoe cloning method

stealthballer

I can't get to a camera or I would do so. A very simple way to start clones is to use a small potatoe with a hole chucked out of it just large enough for your stem to go into. You should "peel" the portion of the stem that goes into the potatoe. I used to see on other forums how cloning was a diffucult thing for some, this method is monkey proof and works well. The clones won't start as fast as say hydro clones but for organic growing and all soil grows it works pretty much flawlessly. you don't want too large a cutting or it won't work so figure 3-4inches tops. And from my experience a little trimming of the leaves will help encorauge some root growth. hope it helps some people

G

after it roots do you just plant the potato in your soil mix? or do you take it out?

hmm...this might make for some very tasty mashed potatoes!

G

a potatoe? is that kind of like dumbos feather....you know he could only fly because of that fether....you say potatoe i say stylish earthy cloner thing...lol

G

yes but you can put a little bit of sour cream and bacon bits on the potato as well.....thus you have stylish clone home....i guess in theory you could clone out of cucumbers....watermelon too

Litz_C

wow potato? use it as a medinum? fresh to me? can i fried it as french fried as well?

it gonna be taste if there a french fired clones!!

no disrespect but sound really stupid tho, btw i feel kinda sad for the mr. potato head with clone grow outta it.

G

I heard of that method too....it was on a TV gardening show (yes I watch those too).

only thing I would be concerned about is if that potato desided to take root...like the dozens of rotted ones I threw into my compost....now I have a bunch of BIG potato plants ....and i dont know a thing about growing/harvesting potatos.

...anyway if the potato decided to root its roots are gonna rob your MJ clone of soil space and it'll suck up nutrients. u can probably peel it and remove the eyes...then it shouldent root (i think?)...but it does sound like a good way to clone MJ

-yukon

G

I had a grade school project where we both grew potatoe sprouts in from potatoes in water as well as grew a tomato out of a potatoe.

Sure it's possible, but why? Top soil from the earth would be better if nothing else was available.

The pursuit of growing quality ganga focuses on maximizes the yeild for the given plants - make the risk worth it as much as possible. If you are going to do it, maximize it. :joint:

sonofliberty

This is the funniest thing I have read in probably a week :) Thanks!

It makes sense though. You could then root the potato and tell the cops it is a potato plant when they kick in the door :)

Me: "Look officer, here is the root of the plant. You've eaten a baked potato with your steak right?"

Officer: "I think you are the only thing baked, son"

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Dispite the mashing and whipping you seem to be getting I think your idea just might have the starch to work.

So don't go and get all krinkled becuase the others are half baked and fry on your suggest.

If they can't handle your idea, well it seems to me that it is them that have the wedge-y about it.

Anyway, I think it would work fine and all of you that can't get your boiled brains around can just stuff it.

minds_I

Buahahahahahahaha

kushedout

Not that it won't work, but what would you do with it after it roots? Bury the poatato along with it? Doesn't it rot and cause problems?

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Both Potatoes & Tomatoes are part of the 'Nightshade' plant family.

YOu can plant a tomato seed inside a potato, and both will grow, but it is not benefical to the plants. Both the potato & tomato would be better off on there own, seperated.

So i dont see why someone would substute the tomato for MJ and expect any better results.

G

I think some of you are reading too much into it. All the man is saying is that you can root a clone in a potatoe, and that is fact. I don't think he intended for you to grow the plant out of the potatoe, just get it started rooting and the moisture in the potatoe provides a perfect environment.