What's new

Medical caregiver - A grow THIS BIG - 36kw indoor

p0opstlnksal0t

As a med caregiver in my state I can have 5 cards or 30 plants total plus my personal 6 plants.

I have a roughly 4000 sq ft barn/shed that I plan to grow in.

The plan is to run 2 separate flower rooms on alternating schedules roughly 4 plants wide by 5 plants deep (1 row will only have 2 plants thus making 18 per room). So I will be pulling roughly 18kw at a time for lights.

Each plant will receive it's own 5x5 area under a 1000w gavita or PL light nxt2 and scroged/lst'd.

I do have quite a bit of space to work with here.

I will essentially be building a box within the barn to regulate the climate. I may utilize roll up bay door on each room so that I can use forklift/tractor to move the plants in 100-150 gallon fabric pots.

While these plants are in flower in will simultaneously veg out an additional 72 plants for the next round under some 315 cmh or low wattage MH bulbs. After this first harvest I will pull the plants and put in 36 more ready to flower from the veg room. Then I'll throw 36 more plants into veg for the run after the next. This will give me roughly 9 weeks x 2 so 18 weeks of veg time once the cycle gets rolling.

Im a disabled vet and I'm hoping with this system all set up and running I'll be able to sell enough to my 5 patients to pay for the electricity usage. All of the rest will be immediately donated to people within my state that either can't afford meds, are veterans, people with disabilities etc. I will probably grow a few strong cbd strains as well. Maybe work out a deal with some local like minded people with the ability to produce high quality cbd oil that will get donated free to needy patients.

SMS65

Wow, this sounds cool.

What's the electricity cost per watt over there (including delivery charge)?

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
You gonna work your disabled ass off moving that soil and pots around. I do hydro so little heavy lifting.

p0opstlnksal0t

7 cents delivery and 7 cents usage so about 14 cents right now.

I'm not sure if I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb with such a large operation but I will be legal with the proper cards per plant, etc...

p0opstlnksal0t

Indeed, haha. I have my trusty kubota tractor to help out some. I've thought about doing this in hydro to speed up things. Maybe ebb n flow buckets 15-20 gals. Never tried indoors this big but I have some studying to do haha.

p0opstlnksal0t

I'm rethinking the soil.

Can anyone recommend an easier hydro system? Maybe an ebb n grow 5-7 galon bucket system. What could i expect yield wise when I max out a.plant in a 5 gallon ebb n grow bucket?

rykus

Soil you only need about 2 gal per oz to make life easy... divide plants a using this ratio... 2lbs a light will take about 64 gallons of soil... divide that by number of plants you desire to keep.... any more is excessive... be careful not to over water large containers..

14 c a kw/h is not bad... 18 flip would be 2-2500 a month ... not too much at all in most areas...good luck and if ya ever need advice feel free to pm me

I would say coco over soil unless you have about n extra 2000$ per light set up expenses... few chillers are essensial as is ac and fail safes... in my experience I would not reccomend hydro unless you are not depending on this breaking even... awesome when it is... not a lot of buffer for mistakes...

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I'm rethinking the soil.

Can anyone recommend an easier hydro system? Maybe an ebb n grow 5-7 galon bucket system. What could i expect yield wise when I max out a.plant in a 5 gallon ebb n grow bucket?

Coco mang best of both worlds ... a 36 lighter gavitas or pl u must have a decent budget ... 5gal coco and drip.... crush it bro... I got no time to break it all down for ya now but I'll link Ya to my homies thread...
READ THIS WHOLE THREAD Don't skip over anything...

Also google search "Jack mayoffer drip" not sure where but his drip thread is full of excellent info on large scale indoor irrigation, tons of great info , n pops right up on Google.. he has a thread here about aptus that contains alot of the same info details but also focuses on nutes each room build is different so remember nothing is written in stone adjust things accordingly but these threads are must reads... please read everything n then comeback with questions..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=339886

p0opstlnksal0t

This ppk setup looks interesting for sure. I'll have to do some reading on that design. It looks like it uses a wick effect plus it does drip feeding.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
You could run a soil-less system like Pro-Mix. You could amend it or just run more fertilizers on drip systems. If you used dry organic fertilizer mixes like Roots Organics or Espoma you'd save a lot of money. A lot of people and companies use Pro-Mix and get great results from it. 3.8 cu/ft bales are $30-40 and you can get a good deal if you buy in bulk.

Good luck to you,

Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts