What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pie Face, 818SFVxFireOG and couple mutts.

G

Hey there everybody.
I wanted to attempt a grow diary of some recently sprouted genetics from Archive and Relentless.
The Pie Face I have had for a while, and decided recently to go on an OG kick and sprouted them. I simultaneously went online to find something that would further scratch my OG itch. Happily I came up with some easy to source Relentless beans.
Some time back I popped a solitary Pie Face and it was a male. I crossed her to Original Delicatessens Lilly, as well as Back to the Congo by Richard Williams.
The two mutts in this diary are the Lilly x Pie Face cross.
Everything is still unsexed and growing fine.
The PF didn't like my transplant and has been taking its time to get comfortable. I dosed everyone with some Caps Bennie Tea Sunday and things are trucking along.
I'll let you take a look at the PF unsexed plants. Plenty of variety so far but I expect that to straighten itself out with some growth momentum.

The PF are in 1 gallon coco airpots with a little pearlite and silica rock tossed in for aeration. I hand feed 1-2x a day with a PBP base, and then go from there.
I'll try and get things up at least weekly so you can enjoy the progress. Its been slim pickings with Pie Face reports and I hope to complete one for the community.
I do want to thank all those who have been posting/discussing PF and getting me motivated.
Any advice about how to grow OG's would be appreciated.
My system is a 4x4 tent with bare 600hps in the center. Mesh along the 3 walls. It's a perpetual system that suits my needs nicely.
First off are the 3 Relentless 818SFV x Fire OG

Next are the two Lilly x Pie Face (Silly Pie). One in a Hempy, one in an airpot

Spoiler alert!
The 818SFVxFireOG and the LillyxPieFace all turned out to be boys. The grow diary is complete and is for two different phenotypes of Pie Face.

Last edited:
G

The Pie Face 6

The Pie Face 6

Here are 5 of the 6 Pie Faces. I haven't really numbered them yet, but will when it becomes important.

Last edited:
G

Here is the last Pie Face and a picture of an Original Delicatessens Lilly for comparison sake, that will be put into flower in about a week.

Last edited:
G

Update time.
Up first are the 818SFVxFireOG. They are just beginning to hit their stride in the hempies.

Last edited:
G

Here is Pie Face 1 front and side.

The Pie Face and the LillyxPie Face were FIM'd. Or at least I tried. A lot of that frilly disfigured leaf is the remains of the 10 day old hacking.

G

Here are the two LillyxPieFace.
I think they are both males but will wait a bit longer to determine.
It's weird because a friend popped 4 of these and they all came up male too.
At any rate I think I am going to keep the pollen off of 1 or both and cross back to the Lilly as well as Lilly's cousin UPStream.

G

Hi Peoples,
Weekly update. Things are putting along nicely. The 818x FireOG are slow but sure. One of them is not very happy with their home but I'm confident with a little more root growth they will pull thru. I chopped down one of the two Lilly x Pie Face as they were both males. I'll keep him around until I can collect some pollen.
None of the Pie Face's have given me definitive gender. My keen eye tells me 3 and 3 but I will wait for a while longer to commit.
Not much more to report until next week. I should have sex figured out by then (pun intended) and have taken cuttings of the girls.
Without further delay:
Lone Lilly x Pie Face

Last edited:
G

Pie Face 1
picture.php

View image in gallery

Pie Face 2

G

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Time for the weekly update.
I've determined I have 4 female Pie Face and two males. I removed one male and kept one that had some severe sativa funkiness to it for the first 2 weeks of life. It was also a preemie baby and that may have something to do with its early features.

At any rate I found a friend that is interested in both the Pie Face and the Lilly x Pie Face pollen. So I will be moving the males out of the area. My friend is also interested in adopting any boy 818SFV x Fire OGs that may show up. Right now it is too soon to tell. The 818 x's have been mostly in the shade, overwatered and backburnered until the veg area opens up. Which will happen in the next 24 hours or so.

There seems to be a bit of variation between the 4 Pie Faces. I am unfamiliar with the parents, or OG'g in general but some of the plants look promising structure wise.
I've taken cuts of all 4 PF and will put these seed plants into the flowering tent as they become mature enough, and when there is space available.

Here is a pic of the male Pie Face and Lilly x Pie Face. They had a haircut after this picture.

Last edited:
G

Next up are the Relentless 818SFV x FireOG. Number one and three are trucking along. Number two is hating the long cold winters in Alaska and is dreaming of Hawaii. It now has a great seat in the garden after I brought everything out for pics. I'm sure it'll be fine in no time. I gave them about 5 days of LST, and released it about 24 hours ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts