What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Satori Meets Volcano Report

2ezy

GENERAL INFORMATION

Strain/Breeder;
Satori by Mandala.

Grow Info;
Organic outdoor

Dry & Cure Info;
Air dried 5 days, Jar cure 14 days.

Amount;
0.2 gms in Chamber and 2 bags.

Taste;
A light sour taste(and smell).

TRIP TIMELINE

High, 0-60mins;
High went straight for the head. Active Happy high she is. Light tingling all over at first now somewhat relaxed body wise but mentally stimulating.

High, 60-120mins;
Active weed no doubt can't keep still. A little raised heartbeat and no paranoia. No munchies but lots of laughs.

High, 120 onwards;
High winding down, still feel good. High quality active strain with mood enhancing effects. high lasted 3 hrs.

OVERALL IMPRESSION
A lovely Sativa which has a real nice active high, not psychedelic but more clear headed. Little body effect to it also. Suitable for depression and for lazy stoners!

My Rating;
Potency 8/10
Taste 8.5/10
Quality of High 9/10
Recovery 9/10
Bag Appeal 8/10

Total 42.5/50 Rating

Last edited:
G

How can you really know what type of high this is unless you smoke it. Depending on the vape temperature, sometimes the vape only pulls off the more stimulating cannabinoids. So your strain might be more body than you think, its just your not actually getting those components of the herb. Try smoking it, I'm curious if the effect will be the same.

Mr. Hand

Well, I haven't vaped it yet, but I have smoked it and can say that imho, this smoke report is spot on. I suffer from depression, but due to random workplace drug screening, I must be modest in my consumption. However, if I could say buzzed on this herd all day, I would. It seems to bring out the blue in the sky and give thoughtful pause to details that you usually would not notice. I can also say that the up-feeling, without paranoia is a real plus. The only draw back from this strain is the look of the bud... a bit airy, and nothing spectacular color-wise. Top-notch genetics at what I'm led to believe are very reasonable prices. Excellent report 2ezy!

2ezy

Sorry my cam died a while ago!

Indicad2006, I went back to the bong just for you, COUGH COUGH, and can tell you the effect is identical to the vape apart from the actual hit. The bong hit harder, didn't taste great and crashed harder but the vape crept right up on me after 10mins, it tasted far better and the comedown was smoother. The bong reminded me why I love the volc so much. Use roughly half the weed for the same high, without the cough. Indi, have you tried a good vaporizer?

Mr.Hand sounds like you have tried it a fair bit! The only difference was I was happy with the look of the buds. My ladies turned purple from the chill outside just before they were pulled, and they weren't airy at all. I was happy with the look:)

G

I've owned a AromaZap and a Vapor Brothers.
I have just heard reports that vaporizers make all highs more heady. But your report is obviously different.
I actually don't really like smoking too much. I'd definitely rather have just the pure essences of the plant... the aromas etc etc. I think thats what mary jane truely has to offer. Hmm I'll have to see about a volcano or herbalaire.

I should say, that I don't think I've experienced much couch-lock type feelings with my Vapor Brothers. But then again, when I was using it alot I was mainly buying sativas from the clubs. Plus its been awhile. I don't have that unit anymore. I think I'll finally put the money in once I get a grow going or something, so I can test out this.

Last edited:

A.N.Other

another really good report 2ezy. again, it's great to see similar results from other peoples grows and great to see more and more satori reports generally. i really love satori, i grew out a pack but got some bad luck with male/female ratio so only got two girls and both were very distinct. in my smoke report i classed them as a bat and spear type for convenience. i have since confirmed from a couple of people that these two plants are fairly representative of the variation in the line. i have a few more packs to run to look for mothers of both types when i get a chance.

i found the high on the spear pheno is the very definition of creeper, as you smoke a joint you initially feel it coming slowly into your head and by the end of the joint you know you're high but it's not a euphoric head high, it's gentler than that. it's a creative, colour and music enhancing, thinking weed. good conversation, books, articles, music (instruments) anything you find interesting will fascinate you for hours after a joint. so much so you it is often scary just how long you can spend basically entraced in what ever you are doing. time becomes a somewhat abstract concept.

i really enjoyed this pheno but worried for awhile that because this is what i was hoping from a nepalese based strain it i was hitting myself with a big dose of placebo to make up for a lack of potency so i tried it with some friends... fuck we had some deep conversations that evening.

like most thinking weeds if you have enough will power to keep yourself from diversions this can be a great functional day time weed and a great gentle med for spasms as it is quite possible to be around totally straight people and be fairly undetectable (as long as you have no punegnt satori on you!!).

the high on the bat pheno is similar to the spear except it comes on quicker and stronger, again it's thinking weed but there is a touch of lightness, some giggles in there. there is also, if you over consume, the chance with this one that you may need to take a wee break and listen to some tunes..... for hours. it's not quite as functional as the spear type because of this and it is far to easy to be distracted when you are doing things, less functional but arguably more fun.

spear pheno:

bat pheno:

thanks for sharing your report 2ezy. :respect:

Mirage

Great report. Most especially because of the details. Thanks for sharing this.

I read the part about not feeling any paranoia with great interest, and I am wondering if you all think that this would be a good smoke for anyone with anxiety disorders? Tia.

Peace.
Mirage

2ezy

Mirage, I think it is a great strain to calm anxiety and elevate mood for sure, as long as you don't over do it!

ANother, thanks again for the kind words. The Satori I vaped was the "Bat" pheno you described. I didn't get any spear phenos probably as I only germed 5 seeds. I remember reading your report on Satori not long ago which was a top read..Thanks for the pics

Mirage

2ezy, thanks for the response and the info. Most appreciated. I'm going to get some of these.

Peace.
Mirage

Mr. Hand

Absolutely!! Two hits and and the day gets brighter. But I must agree with A.N.Other in Male/Female ratio..... I also got 8/2 in favor of males.

phil_stone

I didn't try the Volcano (I think more and more to buy one...), but I like your reports.

They are short, but complete!

Peace, Phil :smoker:

Last edited:

tree&leaf

Mr. Hand said:
But I must agree with A.N.Other in Male/Female ratio..... I also got 8/2 in favor of males.
I germed 4 and got 3/4 females, and 2/4 for the Kalichakras. It's the luck of the draw.

tree&leaf

2ezy said:
OVERALL IMPRESSION
A lovely Sativa which has a real nice active high, not psychedelic but more clear headed. Little body effect to it also. Suitable for depression and for lazy stoners!
Excellent and interesting report 2ezy - thanks for sharing your experiences. As someone suffering from depression for some time - I shall be delighted if mine turn out the same as yours.

I'm currently coming to the end of the sixth week of flowering, when did you chop yours and did you chop the two different phenos together? I'm not sure what's meant by Bat and Spear type (I know not coined by you) but the 3 females I got are two distinctive phenos - one is very tall lanky and Sativa like, small thinish Sativa like fan leaves and a slightly lighter green than the other one - I got one of those. And the other two are more Indica like in appearance and structure, much larger fan leaves and darker green colour, heavier bud weight and simply grows in a more Indica like way. Of those two, one is classically Indica and the other is a bit of both - and it's still going upwards!

So, I'm assuming that the spear type is the tall Sativa and the bat type the more Indica looking one?

From what I've heard and read of Satori, I just cannot wait to try it.

2ezy

Thanks for the kind words guys.

T&L, Your right, the main diff between the spear and bat leaved phenos is the spear type is a little more sativa dominant than the bat type. I didn't have any spear phenos just the bat type. Check out A.N.other's posts for a better description.

I chopped mine after 9 weeks, could have been sooner for a more up buzz and later for a sedative component. So I waited till the trichs were about 20% amber color.

Latest posts

Latest posts