What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna Boost

RalphWiley

Just finished up my first grow adding Canna's boost supplement to the standard coco nute lineup. While I can't attribute the increase in yield solely to it (I also instituted a scrog and am getting more experienced), I will say that colas on the same plants (clones of plants from previous grows) were both larger and much more dense. I also noticed the plants began flowering noticeably quicker (several days) after the flip to 12/12, with a subsequent, equivalent faster finish.

AbaZabba

Hey Ralph,
Are you referring to the PK13-14; If so, could you give a recipe of how much and when you applied the supplement? Also, is your set up hand water or recirc drip etc? I'm just trying to gather all the information about PK13-14 before I use it for the first time here in about a week.

:wave:

RalphWiley

There's actually a product available called canna boost, which is relatively new. Here's some info on it:
http://www.canna-uk.com/dhtml/products_additives_boost.php

It claims to increase both yield and flavor.

Since you asked about PK13/14, I use 6ml/gal every feeding during the second week of 12/12, when the flower sites are forming. If you're using hard water, I'd suggest cutting back a bit so as not to burn your plants. I've heard some people also using PK13/14 during the sixth week of flower, but have yet to personally test it.

As for my setup, it's a canna coco container grow run to waste once daily. I've just switched over to bato buckets to make the run to waste a little easier (draining/overflowing saucers sucks), and last grow implemented a supplemental dripper system so I don't have to worry if I'm away from my plants for a few days.

Last edited:
G

Wull:
I tried it out on my last grow, finished lasted December, and what was supposed to be 'a modest yielder' turned out be be quite productive.

Since then Canna have recommended, (or upgraded their values) and decided it needs thrice + plus the amount to get the best results??

'Tis bloody expensive.. and having 'an old time farmer attitude', I always have nutes, and seed/clone. just in case things go wrong..

So far the girls are looking good.

let yer know what happened.

peace an stuff.

aeric

Veteran
Interesting stuff guys...now I have to try it. Kinda sounds like their answer to sweet or carboload, but with something else in there too.

G

Sounds great, I will have to see if the place I get my coco nutes from has this availible. How is pricing on it? I know the Boost additive for the Canna Bio line has a HEFTY price tag where I normally shop.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i got given a sample of canna boost, ever since i want to do a test run with it. according to the canna rep, it's a great product for use with the rest of the canna line.

i do look forward to testing it out with my next grow.

peace

my friend actually has been using canna boost in his latest garden. he has also used dr.hornsby sweetleaf and batanicares sweet citrus not the berry. so far sweet leaf adds a much fuller and sweerter smoke than bota sweet however the flowers that are being fed canna boost well it seems that the boost added a much more higher quality tone to it. for some reason the smell is much more captured , if that makes sense to anyone. not sure how it will be once we smoke since its not do for another two weeks.

SuperNuck said:
Sounds great, I will have to see if the place I get my coco nutes from has this availible. How is pricing on it? I know the Boost additive for the Canna Bio line has a HEFTY price tag where I normally shop.
hefty indeed my friend 1 liter cost about 95 us dollars

thc43

Veteran
$95 us getting stung cost me $95 in OZ alot better than $375 when it was more concentrate and first came out.

One day ill get around to using it but handwatering really doesnt suit me and atm having a few issues so ive gone back to the standard canna coco range.