What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco - mixture solution-Amazing results time after time

RogueDude

I have been growing with coco for a while now and have developed a mixture that provides phenomenal root growth that is just explosive, yet stable for the roots and the plants, it provides amazing nute uptake and you will get 45 day harvests. I hope this helps people out who have had a tough time with using coco and either switched back to RW or to dirt.

1. I use the 1 gallon SQUARE plastic pots, the ones that taper down and have 4 HOLES in the bottom.
2. Take some coco cubes the 4" cubes from GH do fine, tear off a 4" x 4" x 1/4" slice off of it, I usually get about 5 -7 slices from each cube, then put it into the bottom of the square pot.
3. Toss a handfull of hydroton rock in the bottom on top of the coco slice.
4. Get the BOTANICARE SOILESS REDIGRO INDOOR MIXTURE-Aeration Blend, they come in different sizes, I get the 100 litre bag and mix that with 200 litres of the BCuzz Virgin coco, and 100 litres of the hydroton rock. So no matter what quantity your starting with , alsways mix the hydroton at 25%, the Botanicare mix at 25%, and then 50% bcuzz coco. Make sure it is amalgamated really well, then:
5. Fill the pots up with the special blend, and it is ready to accept your rooted clones.

You can ebb and flow, or drip system them, the roots will take to this mixture like crazy, before long, you will have to place a 4" or 6" rockwool cube under neath the pot or you will get softball sized root balls that lift up the plant out of the tray! I was also using the Supernatural nutes with Big bud, Carbo load, Hygrozyme, H2o2, and humic/fulvic acid. Keeping the ph at around 7 with my PPM under 1300. Water temp 65 degrees. Room temp 70 degrees, humidity:

And there ya go. I swear by this method and have yielded 1.5 to 1.8 lbs per light but the quality is what is really impressive, Everyone tells me I should have my herb photographed for skunk mag or high times. :)

Rogue out-

20kw dreams

You do know that there is a moisture formula of ready-gro, right? It's basically the aeration with alot more coco, which is basically what you are doing. You could add clay if you wanted, but i wouldn't see a point.

RogueDude

I dont have any of the mixture yet, I can post them in a couple days. I know about the mixture that is already out there, the problem is getting the right mixture and the stuff that redygro has is just too strong with crap, worm casting and bat shit and the like,, which a little of is great, too much and it stunts theplants, I have gone over and over this over many seasons many cycles and have found the mixture described above will give you the best results, the method allows the entire pot to wick instantly and stay moist for the right amount of time that allows you to vary the watering to a great degree, from 5 minutes to 4 hours a day, I tried one where I flooded for 15 minutes 6 times a day, but then I cut it down to 5 minutes every two hours, when I got the better timer in. I also had a co2 ppm at 1500, cool air rushing up through the stalks, using supernatural nutrients makes a huge difference in overall quality. By mixing in the hydroton at 25% and 25% redygro, it is simulating soil to the best degree possible. But it never gets waterlogged or too dry, but holds enough water that if say something happens and they dont get wattered for even a whole day, they can take it and barely feel it, and any that droop if that were tohappen (a fuse blew once the one that carried all my water pumps and I was out of town for the weekend so when i came back on sunday I figure it was not watering for at least 24 hours based on the condition of the plants and the medium, so this is why I swear by this method. It is a bit more expensive and a lot more work than just using rockwool, but compared to the same everything except I used rockwool, the results side by side were I got 2-3 times the weight and the quality was OMGOSH- clubs were BEGGING me to sell them zips for 350! just so the owners could have some for their head, what I was producing was that good,. I hate to brag, but I love to brag about the goodness that the good Lord blesses me the skill to grow. I love God! :) He always puts a BIG FAT STINKY FROSTY KUSHY Smile on my face ! :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
ph 7 in coco?

anyway, i'd love to see some pics. although i don't see much point in mixing anything into my coco. i would have thought the hydro ton will dry quicker then the coco, which will cause an imbalance in the coco.

anyway it would be interesting to see... :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts