What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP "no" vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
duno what ur talking about... i click the scales, get 2 options (approve is uprep; disapprove is down.rep) and a place to type a message.... that's the neg rep with scales... which i believe shows up red in "my IC", where as uprep shows up green if given by a full member and grey if given by a member... with... like..... less than 250 posts (?).... i think.
and it does tell you WHO gave it (via "my IC"), where as the "no" vote would not report to you WHO gave it in "my IC".

There are differences in what you can do with the scales, it may be to do with people's account settings. For example, I have received quite a few funny pics through the rep system from stoner4life, but I can't send any back, because I don't get the option to choose pos/neg and leave a message on S4l's "My IC," by using the scales. Similarly, Wiggs has his turned off entirely.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude A.M. ive been here long enough to know how it works. The option to neg rep is gone for me as i said. If i hit the scales i get one option "i approve" and a place to comment.

So I guess it has been adjusted for my profile alone?

I never abuse neg rep either only used it a couple times on real bad posts.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting... thanks harrygypsana,
i've not fiddled with my settings at all, i think to leave pics you simply type out the tag with link to pic... I know I do smileys in rep messages sometimes

edit:
critter, that's odd, you haven't contacted a mod about it? i would have if i started loosing features of the site.... not being a bitch about it just saying, trying to help out....

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I meant in future posts "of the same dumb shit". BTw harry i just gave you a yes on helpful in the funny pic thread.

Now i can see why you may get neg'd. You turned that into what i didnt mean sorry if i put it in a confusing way.
I just meant "thus in the future instead of trying to help or give opinion on a bad post in the future they will just be neg'd rep'd. I didnt mean in the future follow that person around and neg rep every post they have. Geez

A misunderstanding, down to choice of words I think. However, people do do what I mistakenly took your post to mean.

I don't get negged much, and I find the occasional red berry, in amongst all that green foliage on My IC, just breaks it up a bit:biggrin: It was always the anonymity that wound me up with the unhelpful button, because as I have said, call me a ****, it's fine, but do it to my face, and don't hide behind a wall to do it.
I could not care any less about the points. If I was a rep whore, the 3 posts I have just made in SDFP thread, would have been split up into 15 separate posts to maximise the points potential , as opposed to using the 5 per post limit, .

Anyway, thanks for the pos.

EDIT
After my speech about nopt caring about points, I discovered that I am 406 points short of the 10,000 mark...and consequently, now I really fucking care about getting it up to 10,000 points. Mostly because I am curious to see what comes after "Survivor" and I think 10,000 points might be where it changes. So, yeah, for the next 406 points, I am a whore.

Last edited:

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Def just a misunderstanding and prob poor choice of wording on my part i apologize for saying i see why you get neg'd, I only said that cause i had been wondering why anyone would neg rep u ever as most your posts are great and other posts like you said are just ur opinion which i would guess most they neg comes from and received by peeps.

You have to have 1000 posts to neg rep now :)

wizoo

Veteran
You have to have 1000 posts to neg rep now :)
give it another 6 weeks and this might also be gone so we all can finally just kiss each other's a**es with +uprep only :crazy:

this change is like coming to kindergarden lately, where the loudest whiner pussies get what they want just to make them stfu for a while... :gaga:
but hey... look how huggy, snuggly, cuddly ic mag now is... where everything is green... everyone likes everything... that fakebook-mentality crap really comes to mind with a system like this!

srsly Skip, was there really no possibility to personalize the "no"-vote instead of this mess up where everything now is always just helpful ?!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
25rmexy.jpg

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
give it another 6 weeks and this might also be gone so we all can finally just kiss each other's a**es with +uprep only

this change is like coming to kindergarden lately, where the loudest whiner pussies get what they want just to make them stfu for a while...
but hey... look how huggy, snuggly, cuddly ic mag now is... where everything is green... everyone likes everything... that fakebook-mentality crap really comes to mind with a system like this!

srsly Skip, was there really no possibility to personalize the "no"-vote instead of this mess up where everything now is always just helpful ?!

I guess you don't like to read threads before shooting off your mouth huh wizoo ??? cuz if ya go back & read this thread you'll see the negative rep scales are still in play . & you can still give positive or negative reps if you've been here long enough to have the privilage to do so .

& we're being called cry babys ......:moon:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I do still hope to trade my green dots for BJs...

I've got a Jenna Jameson rubber vibrating vagina you can have for 406 points. Only used once. Does not include vibrating egg, which was "Lost".

Unless you've seen Jim Jefferies "Egg story" this wont make sense, so....

[YOUTUBEIF]JqG1f93yZuw[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
You got yourself a deal Harry!
Please give it a good wash first and change the batteries.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
No way Jose!

No way Jose!

SOLD to the man with poor eyesight, and hairy, wart covered palms.:biggrin:

You got me on the poor eyesight but hands are beautiful ones.
But it´s the gadget really working?! The idea was to have a hands-free wank...that way i could smoke a bowl while having...now i´m having second thoughts...

By the way how was your egg lost? Did your chase ended up in the toilet? :biggrin:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Did YOU got to the toilet? was my question...or did you made the same mistake Jim did?:)

Aaaand this is where my little joke falls down. I do not have a Jenna Jameson rubber vibrating vajayjay, have never shoved a vibrating egg up my arse, and have never even been to Amsterdam.

You've found me out, I was planning to defraud you of your points and send you an empty box ebay style...because you are not going to complain to trading standards in that situation are you.....:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.