What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GET RID OF THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJXX

Veteran
I THINK THERE IS NO PLACE ON THIS SITE FOR NEGATIVE REP... PLEASE TAKE THE "THOSE WHO FOUND IT HELPFUL AND NOT HELPFUL" OPTION AWAY....YOU HAVE A FEW ASSHOLES ON HERE JUST STARTING IGNORANT CONFRONTATIONS BECAUSE OF IT....MORE MUDSLINGING THAN EVER, OVER IT!!!!

SO I BEG YOU MODS...PLEASE REMOVE IT!!! DJ

Coconutz

Veteran
I disagree!
On most of the forums you will have an idiot with no clue, say some shit they heard was good, and then some newbie will give it a "like" and fuck up their plants afterwards trying it. Then the next newbie comes along and sees that somebody found it helpful and then destroys their plants.
We need to be able to counter balance the bs.
What we need to get rid of are the the skinny jeans crowd who get their panties in a bunch when their jeans are too tight.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I with DJ on the neg rep button there should be certain rules or post where the neg rep button applys to but not a random post the admins should choose if that post deserves a button or not. You have a lot of trolls that lay low and all they do and run around and neg rep people all because the stupid button is there.

I mean it kinda feels like HIGHSCHOOL and you get to push a cool button or a neg button. Life is about your reputation and your word as far as people are concerned now say a member looks at another members profile and see's he has a lot of positive post but alot of negatives as well just because a troll is neg rep happy.

DJXX

Veteran
I disagree!
On most of the forums you will have an idiot with no clue, say some shit they heard was good, and then some newbie will give it a "like" and fuck up their plants afterwards trying it. Then the next newbie comes along and sees that somebody found it helpful and then destroys their plants.
We need to be able to counter balance the bs.
What we need to get rid of are the the skinny jeans crowd who get their panties in a bunch when their jeans are too tight.
I AGREE WITH YOU ALSO.......I JUS THINK I HAVE SEEN MORE NEGATIVE RESULTS BY HAVING THIS ...DJ

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I THINK THERE IS NO PLACE ON THIS SITE FOR NEGATIVE REP... PLEASE TAKE THE "THOSE WHO FOUND IT HELPFUL AND NOT HELPFUL" OPTION AWAY....YOU HAVE A FEW ASSHOLES ON HERE JUST STARTING IGNORANT CONFRONTATIONS BECAUSE OF IT....MORE MUDSLINGING THAN EVER, OVER IT!!!!

SO I BEG YOU MODS...PLEASE REMOVE IT!!! DJ

I can see why you would want Reps removed...

1 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
EDIT- 12 hour mark~07:47 AM~
3 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
24 Hours mark, 07:37 PM
5 out of 34 members found this post helpful

Damn....

Lets see how many neg reps we get on the 1st page of this thread....
In say... 24 hours.... Hummmm....

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
4 out of 6 members found this post helpful
7 out of 9 members found this post helpful
0 out of 6 members found this post helpful.

1 out of 14 members found this post helpful
1 out of 20 members found this post helpful
Going to be a record setting thread,bro... HAhaha...

Given that neg reps only matter to the level you
allow them to matter...

I dont see how it matters.... Either way....
:2cents::dunno::chin:
My contribution....
2 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
3 out of 11 members found this post helpful.

Glad to be of service....

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Mikenite69

Veteran
It's definitely good for certain things. Like people offering opinions or making statements or giving advice then there should be a neg rep button. I just feel mods or admins should have control over the putting the rep. Button on a post. So if someone makes a certain statement that they get the button. If people feel the post is stupid neg rep the shit out of it.

For example someone saying "you should run your ph in hydro at a 3ph" ok now I can see where the button comes into play. But someone saying hey Dj how are doing today and how are the plants coming along? Now that shouldn't have a neg rep button. Then you have trolls that I think all they do is run around all day and neg rep people's post.

Think of kinda like eBay if you are gonna buy something and they have a bunch of neg reps you most likely aren't gonna buy something from them. So on here what if you are the best grower in the world and you give someone advice then they look at your profile and see that you rep score isn't all that great because your positive reps versus your neg reps are just as high.

I don't know either way I am just not gonna pay attention to the button because opinions are like assholes everyone's got one.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Also here is another example quickly I posted pics in the "cookie thread" of my gsc crosses didn't say anything except the lineage of the lines and who made them and all the haters neg REPPED my pictures. For what?

DemonPigeon

Veteran
It's definitely good for certain things. Like people offering opinions or making statements or giving advice then there should be a neg rep button. I just feel mods or admins should have control over the putting the rep. Button on a post. So if someone makes a certain statement that they get the button. If people feel the post is stupid neg rep the shit out of it.

For example someone saying "you should run your ph in hydro at a 3ph" ok now I can see where the button comes into play. But someone saying hey Dj how are doing today and how are the plants coming along? Now that shouldn't have a neg rep button. Then you have trolls that I think all they do is run around all day and neg rep people's post.

Think of kinda like eBay if you are gonna buy something and they have a bunch of neg reps you most likely aren't gonna buy something from them. So on here what if you are the best grower in the world and you give someone advice then they look at your profile and see that you rep score isn't all that great because your positive reps versus your neg reps are just as high.

I don't know either way I am just not gonna pay attention to the button because opinions are like assholes everyone's got one.

So you want mods to search through every post and then make a desicion whether anyone is allowed to dislike it?

I don't think there's enough mods, maybe we could make lots of new mods (without full mod powers ofcourse, just incase) whose responsibility was just to rate posts good or bad for the benefit of others?

Oh wait... we have that, it's called the reputation buttons

Also here is another example quickly I posted pics in the "cookie thread" of my gsc crosses didn't say anything except the lineage of the lines and who made them and all the haters neg REPPED my pictures. For what?

Maybe they didn't like your pictures?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
why? so people can seek revenge on those who didn't find their post helpful? lol its not a crime to dislike a post!

Mikenite69

Veteran
I don't think it shows you anymore? You go and post a pic in that cookie thread or even a comment anyone of you besides sucking someone's balls about there pictures and watch how fast they neg rep you. It's like a circle jerk in that thread if you don't talk to those dudes or your not from Cali you don't belong and they don't like what you have to say.

I am actually done talking about really because I know nothing will change its just my opinion that the neg rep button is kinda stupid or useless really on most things.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Show who found it unhelpful. Quit letting them hide

That sounds awful, I don't like to neg rep people even when I disagree with them (I've not neg repped anyone on this thread), because no one likes getting neg repped, I'll just post back with my own opinion.

but when someone says something really bad that I want to flag up to other readers I use the neg rep button.

I really respect siftedunity, but if he advised fertilising plants with murdered hitchhikers I'd like to be able to say "that's appauling" without having my name on it and starting a neg rep feud.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
That sounds awful, I don't like to neg rep people even when I disagree with them (I've not neg repped anyone on this thread), because no one likes getting neg repped, I'll just post back with my own opinion.

but when someone says something really bad that I want to flag up to other readers I use the neg rep button.

I really respect siftedunity, but if he advised fertilising plants with murdered hitchhikers I'd like to be able to say "that's appauling" without having my name on it and starting a neg rep feud.

well I was about to suggest the hitch hiker thing but since it will get negged il keep it to myself lol.

il neg rep but then il post my comment aswell if I strongly disagree with something.
if people neg rep my posts I just think that my opinion isn't shared. it doesn't bother me tbh.

G

gloryoskie

picture.php

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i think you guys take this whole rep thing too serious. the vote up/down in the post doesn't count against your karma i thought? only the actual karma button (scales) actually meant anything? as far as negative marks goes. aka you can give+rep on both but only the scales can give negative karma. imma look at my own karma, and if you know me, then you know i've got lots of people who press unhelpful on the shit i write off GP. my shit should be fulla red dots...

i don't see anything... you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts